Transplant or Not?

ChesterC

Nirvana Blue Mystic feminized + autoflower (5 seeds)

I have some Nirvana Blue Mystic Auto Flowers on their way any day now. This is my first time w/ auto flowering ... Can I start these in the 3 gal pot that will eventually become their home ? I hope to eliminate transplant shock and give them plenty of root space. I've had excellent luck using this technique w/ non-autoflowering plants but I'm unsure if auto-flowering plants would produce more in a smaller pot due to their shorter veg time.

Any advice will be appreciated ... :bongrip:

Re: Transplant or Not ?

I would think as long as you have let the girl(s) have enough time too root real well, Jorge Cerventes gives it 2 weeks in his growers bible, you should be just fine in a 5 gal bucket. I've read about a lot of growers using them. Make sure they are a dark color to make them light tight to promote well being of root system, better to be safe than sorry. Happy growing :peace:

Re: Transplant or Not ?

I have only read about auto's but I read a lot. I want to order some of that BM and the bubble gum one from Nirvana when $$ allow. But what I understand about them is this:
They do like to be put into their final home from the start to avoid any shock which will lead to slowed growth for a short time and will hurt your yield. Their life is short so anything to avoid a slow down is best. They hate to be trimmed, no FIM or supercropping either. They tend prefer a 20/4 light cycle start to finish. Some will say 24/0 and some say the plant needs a rest period of 4- 6 hrs in there. Since it is flowering on time cycle not light, the more light the more growth for auto's and no need for 12/12 light cycle, it could only slow them down. SO it's boils down to personal preference and the electric bill. The 3 gal pots all are great with the limited life cycle root space wont be a issue and the pot size will give each some elbow room to spread out in. I've seen them do great in containers as small as 2Ltr bottles hempy style.
I hope this info helps out a bit good luck with them they sound tasty indeed.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom