Transplanting and Odor

davduggie13

Ive got some plants under 12/12 lite that are starting to flower, They are in small containers, I don't have alot of space in my grow room, they are about 3' tall, do they need to be transplanted into 5 gal buckets? If I leave in the quart containers what will be the outcome?

Ive got these plants under 600w lights, because of the size of the room and the temp problem. What will be the difference between growing under 1000 or 600w lights?

My plants aren't creating alot of odor, under 600 w light, Ive had other grows where the odor is must stronger under 1000 w lights. Is there a problem that the plants are only giving off low odor?

Thanks!
Stop War!!!

Don't worry about the odor thing. I don't know how many plants are growing or more importantly what area they cover so can't answer your question about whether to run the thousand watt or not. Just base it on the light footprint of whatever light you're using. Though, looking at your post again, if you are having heat issues stick to the 600 W if you can. Thousand watts will make it a lot hotter. You should be using at least 3 gallon pots and five might be better especially if they are going to stretch more. Otherwise they will be totally rootbound and won't grow as well and you will be having to water them constantly

Definitely consider going up to 5 gallon pots. Especially if it's a sativa strain because they tend to get really big in flowering. The more space you have for root development the bigger the plant can get, and that means a higher yield. I use anythng from 4 gallon to 10 gallon pots for flowering, depending on the size the plant needs.

I know most companies who make pots rate them in a # system and a #5 pot is typically 3.5- 4 gallons and a #7 is roughly 5-6 gallons. If you're looking for 5+ actual gallons I'd do a #7 or #10.

There's more into the question than we can answer though. Is it an actual 3 gallon pot or is a #3? 3' tall but no girth? I have a 3' tall with only 18" diameter and a 4'+ tall one with over 3' in diameter. I think you would be fine but it never hurts to have a little more soil than expected when you start flowering.

As far as the 1,000w vs 600w light, I just added a 600w vertical hanging light to my ~4,400k flower room which is 12'x16' and it increased the temp by about 1.5 degrees. Having a 1000w in there for a day it was about a 2.5-3 degree increase. I also have a ton of ventilation in my room so it would not necessarily be the same for you. You can always get a 1000w setup for a few bucks more and dial it down to a 600w if push comes to shove.

Back
Top Bottom