Transplanting clones to bigger pots

Hooprules

First time grower in soil with not much of a clue. These clones were grown in rockwool cubes and transplanted to 3 gallon pots. I watered the soil in the pots till runoff. (Not sure of the PH, somewhere near 5) After the transplant do you let the pot get dry before watering again? Should I flush the pots with water with higher ph water?

My suggestion is to click this link below and read read read read read, then read some more

Cannabis is not like tomatoes, but sounds like you have never grown those either

Good luck

First time grower in soil with not much of a clue. These clones were grown in rockwool cubes and transplanted to 3 gallon pots. I watered the soil in the pots till runoff. (Not sure of the PH, somewhere near 5) After the transplant do you let the pot get dry before watering again? Should I flush the pots with water with higher ph water?

Hi Hooprules, and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I wrote a thing about how to properly water a while ago and the link will be found below this in my signature lines. That thread just might answer all of your questions. But, in the meantime, a pat on the back to you for watering to runoff after the transplant. That is exactly what you need to do so as to merge the two soil regions and give the plant a good re-start. Then, always, so that YOU can see what the plant is doing, wait until the container is dry again before fully watering it to saturation, but don't neglect that the plant will have the need to grow a bit before it will be able to drain that much new water, so never let it go more than 3 or 4 days before at least lightly watering the old rootball area.
The usable pH range in soil is 6.2-6.8 pH. Your plants would love it if you tried to be somewhere in that range, and keep always in mind that the most nutrients are the most mobile at 6.3 pH, the hot spot. It is way too early to talk about flushing the containers... maybe you dont have that terminology correct?

Thanks Emilya, I got an opportunity to get my hands on these clones kind of last minute. I have briefed through your watering info and will go over it more thoroughly asap.

As to the flushing...yes, bad terminology. What I meant is I had already watered the soil with water that had lower than ideal PH. Should I water now with proper ph water to run off or should I let this play out as is?

Hi Hooprules, and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I wrote a thing about how to properly water a while ago and the link will be found below this in my signature lines. That thread just might answer all of your questions. But, in the meantime, a pat on the back to you for watering to runoff after the transplant. That is exactly what you need to do so as to merge the two soil regions and give the plant a good re-start. Then, always, so that YOU can see what the plant is doing, wait until the container is dry again before fully watering it to saturation, but don't neglect that the plant will have the need to grow a bit before it will be able to drain that much new water, so never let it go more than 3 or 4 days before at least lightly watering the old rootball area.
The usable pH range in soil is 6.2-6.8 pH. Your plants would love it if you tried to be somewhere in that range, and keep always in mind that the most nutrients are the most mobile at 6.3 pH, the hot spot. It is way too early to talk about flushing the containers... maybe you dont have that terminology correct?

As to the flushing...yes, bad terminology. What I meant is I had already watered the soil with water that had lower than ideal PH. Should I water now with proper ph water to run off or should I let this play out as is?

Since you have not applied nutes yet that need to be within the proper pH range, your low pH mistake is not going to hurt a thing and the plants didn't even notice it. The only reason we pH our water is for the nutes, so they can become mobile. The nitrogen locked in your soil is already mobile and needs no unlocking, so there really is no pH requirement at the moment. Just let it play out for now, and worry about proper pH when you first start applying synthetic nutes.

20191226_155722_HDR.jpg20191226_170923.jpg20191226_170937.jpg20191226_170948.jpg

One clone looks a little sad.

Attachments

• 20191226_155722_HDR.jpg
    20191226_155722_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • 20191226_170923.jpg
    20191226_170923.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 20191226_170937.jpg
    20191226_170937.jpg
    979.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 20191226_170948.jpg