420 Magazine Background

Transplanting problem

Sue1957

Hi
5 days ago I transplanted my 3 ft plants to tubs into a small green house 20x20. I used bagged soil and I mixed a mixture cow manure mixed with potting soil then I mixed that to the to the soil in the tubs.within a couple days i seen the leaves getting these spots.now I see more plants getting them.i thought it was stress from transplanting but more plants are doing it.could this be to much heat? or the cow manure? I have no Idea what is going on.maybe two wet? I am including pic it has been 5 days since transplant they were beautiful til then.:( any help would be much appreciated.I have nice photos but I am not sure how to add....
Thank you!!

Flower Child

I suspect n burn or a lockout- pics will help.

Welcome to:420:by the way- you came to the right place to get help with your girls.:thumb:

Budworshipper

Welcome to :420:

Was the cow manure " well rotted "?... If not it has a tendancy to be too strong.. Im organic too, i use fish tank water, worm castings and chicken poo pellets, bonemeal, wood fire ash..

As said a picture would be a great help in identifying your problem..

Best of luck in your grow

:Namaste:

Sue1957

plants_00435.JPG
plants_00521.JPG
plants_00619.JPG
plants_00712.JPG
plants_00336.JPG

Sue1957

Hi
yes I purchased it in bags from a large store and it was mixed with potting soil.I posted pics.Thanks!! Sue

Flower Child

Looks like nitrogen burn Sue! The usual cure is to flush with a lot of water but I'm not sure that would work with the compost. Maybe transplanting into less hot soil might help?

This helps troubleshoot 420 Magazine ®

Budworshipper

Where were the plants before repotting ??...

Looks to me like a combination of too much light and nutrients... I mite be wrong..

That guide is an awesome reference..

The pics were nice and clear, making diagnosis so much easier for all.. Hopefully a real expert can give a definative answer soon. Personally i would give the soil a good watering and let it drain thru the tub base. In an attempt to flush out some of the nutes... Or if you want to you could de-pot gently and mix some more compost in to reduce the strength of nutes.. This is obviously risking stressing the plant tho...

If you want to shade em a little, if sun is partically strong at the mo where you are, a net curtain is good at diffusing light, or that white wash/glass covering stuff you rub on.

Sue1957

Where were the plants before repotting ??...

Looks to me like a combination of too much light and nutrients... I mite be wrong..

That guide is an awesome reference..

The pics were nice and clear, making diagnosis so much easier for all.. Hopefully a real expert can give a definative answer soon. Personally i would give the soil a good watering and let it drain thru the tub base. In an attempt to flush out some of the nutes... Or if you want to you could de-pot gently and mix some more compost in to reduce the strength of nutes.. This is obviously risking stressing the plant tho...

If you want to shade em a little, if sun is partically strong at the mo where you are, a net curtain is good at diffusing light, or that white wash/glass covering stuff you rub on.

If I wanted to try to gently re-potting.. when I take them out of the other soil should I rinse the roots before re potting in the new potting soil? Thanks!! Sue

labexperiment

I have read a lot not to do that, it disturbs the roots too much and stresses the plant. But I have done it and my plants had no issue with rinsing the roots off, may have been strain dependant but who knows. I would say try one and wait a day if you can to see how she handles it. If you cannot wait a day then I wish you luck with which ever choice you make.

Top Bottom