Transplanting problem

Sue1957

Hi
5 days ago I transplanted my 3 ft plants to tubs into a small green house 20x20. I used bagged soil and I mixed a mixture cow manure mixed with potting soil then I mixed that to the to the soil in the tubs.within a couple days i seen the leaves getting these spots.now I see more plants getting them.i thought it was stress from transplanting but more plants are doing it.could this be to much heat? or the cow manure? I have no Idea what is going on.maybe two wet? I am including pic it has been 5 days since transplant they were beautiful til then.:( any help would be much appreciated.I have nice photos but I am not sure how to add....
Thank you!!

I suspect n burn or a lockout- pics will help.

Welcome to:420:by the way- you came to the right place to get help with your girls.:thumb:

Welcome to :420:

Was the cow manure " well rotted "?... If not it has a tendancy to be too strong.. Im organic too, i use fish tank water, worm castings and chicken poo pellets, bonemeal, wood fire ash..

As said a picture would be a great help in identifying your problem..

Best of luck in your grow

:Namaste:

plants_00435.JPG
plants_00521.JPG
plants_00619.JPG
plants_00712.JPG
plants_00336.JPG

Hi
yes I purchased it in bags from a large store and it was mixed with potting soil.I posted pics.Thanks!! Sue

Looks like nitrogen burn Sue! The usual cure is to flush with a lot of water but I'm not sure that would work with the compost. Maybe transplanting into less hot soil might help?

This helps troubleshoot Plant Abuse Chart

Where were the plants before repotting ??...

Looks to me like a combination of too much light and nutrients... I mite be wrong..

That guide is an awesome reference..

The pics were nice and clear, making diagnosis so much easier for all.. Hopefully a real expert can give a definative answer soon. Personally i would give the soil a good watering and let it drain thru the tub base. In an attempt to flush out some of the nutes... Or if you want to you could de-pot gently and mix some more compost in to reduce the strength of nutes.. This is obviously risking stressing the plant tho...

If you want to shade em a little, if sun is partically strong at the mo where you are, a net curtain is good at diffusing light, or that white wash/glass covering stuff you rub on.

Where were the plants before repotting ??...

Looks to me like a combination of too much light and nutrients... I mite be wrong..

That guide is an awesome reference..

The pics were nice and clear, making diagnosis so much easier for all.. Hopefully a real expert can give a definative answer soon. Personally i would give the soil a good watering and let it drain thru the tub base. In an attempt to flush out some of the nutes... Or if you want to you could de-pot gently and mix some more compost in to reduce the strength of nutes.. This is obviously risking stressing the plant tho...

If you want to shade em a little, if sun is partically strong at the mo where you are, a net curtain is good at diffusing light, or that white wash/glass covering stuff you rub on.

If I wanted to try to gently re-potting.. when I take them out of the other soil should I rinse the roots before re potting in the new potting soil? Thanks!! Sue

I have read a lot not to do that, it disturbs the roots too much and stresses the plant. But I have done it and my plants had no issue with rinsing the roots off, may have been strain dependant but who knows. I would say try one and wait a day if you can to see how she handles it. If you cannot wait a day then I wish you luck with which ever choice you make.

Back
Top Bottom