transplanting question?

quiyettoker

I was wondering if there is a way to limit shock while transplanting? if so how to do it?

Re: transplanting question??

i have found that, at least for other plants, if you are going from inside to outside, there isnt much you can do, except that you can try to do it when the weather is close to room temperature. also, i take the whole pot (plastic) and crack it down the sides, and right before i put it in its new home, i peel the plastic off the sides of the soil, and quickly place the plant in the hole in the ground. then i top off the soil, and leave it alone.

if you let the roots grow completely into the pot... it should be real easy to just turn the pot upside down and let the root ball slide out. if you do it over the bucket, (or spot in the ground you plan on transplanting to) all you have to do is place the plant into the soil and voila... u can also use some superthrive to reduce shock.

I never see shock unless I had to trim the roots or tear them a part.
They just stop growin' for a few days and then crank back up.

Biggest thing outdoors is to water them in good besides "Hardening" First.

Like 4ill said, just slide 'em out of the pot.
Put your hand around where the stem goes into the dirt, turn pot upside down and tap a few times till it slides out into your hand.
Extend any wrappped/bound roots and lower into the hole.

I would reccomend hardening them off too I never took maryj from in to out but I do it to all my tomatoes peppers and watermelons before puttin them out side for good

I have and didn't really like them.
Seemed to get more root bound than actual growth through them.

Know what I mean?
they seemed to stop growing or never grew any faster for a very('er what seemed to me) long time.
Just my EXP with what I used...
of course, it never occured to me to cut the bottom out of it.
Sure would have helped.

Know what I mean?
they seemed to stop growing or never grew any faster for a very('er what seemed to me) long time.
My feelings exactly! thanks DaMagoMan!

Know what I mean?
Just my EXP with what I used...
of course, it never occured to me to cut the bottom out of it.
Sure would have helped.

peat pots really do get your plants to become root bound...my thought on this is because your roots grow faster then the peat pots bio degrate which causes them to become rootbound

Back
Top Bottom