Transplanting Woes?

So I guess I waited a bit too long to transplant my girls from their Solo cups to their intermediate homes. 12 out of the 14 plants had excess roots coming out of the holes in the bottoms of the cups. The roots were keeping the plants and soil from coming out of the cups. The first one I started tugging on the roots to get rid of them, but then figured that was probably a bad idea. So I used my trim shears to snip the roots. So, is this something I should be concerned about? I know roots get trimmed for mother plant repotting, but these are just young girls and I'm hoping they can handle the stress without too much harm.

il6JSUl.jpg
EuZexib.jpg
hVClQKK.jpg

I hate when that happens , don't feel bad I know I have done it and had to cut them out of their cup . On a recovery note this last grow I used azos and mycos when I transplanted and let me tell you she didn't skip a beat she flourished . It was the first time I have ever tried those products and I did slightly use more than directed by the results where definitely noticeable so much so that I'm mentioning it here ..ha

Well, it's been over 14 hours since I took the first pic above, and there are no signs of wilting. Looks like things are gonna be okay.

sDGyx27.jpg

Oh, if anyone's curious, the strains are 2x Red Diesel, 3x Ayahuasca Purple, 1x Grandaddy Purple (2 beans didn't pop for some reason), 3x Gelat.OG, 2x The White, and 3x Alaskan Purple

Yes cutting the main stem and cutting the main root are the same thing so think about it like topping. Plants have an root apical meristem which has similar function as the main stem above ground.

Think about how growth hormones and that sort of thing. This is where they get developed. The plant will grow a new main root and continue development after the new root is grown.

Your plants will recover.

This happens to me regularly and the root coming out the btm of the cup is the indicator to up-pot.

I cut a X shaped hole in my cups and then peel back the cup and pull the root thru the hole that I made in the cup by pulling back one or 2 of the slits in the cup. I usually add a small flat rock in the btm cup to keep the cup with the plant in it from sitting in the water that runs thru at watering.

Well, it's a bit too late for that now, but I've added both to my AMZ "Cannabis" wish list as a reminder for my next grow. Thanks for the tip!
:passitleft:
You're very welcome . Its not to late for azos you can dose with that through your entire grow .

Since you all seem to be interested and im glad that you are ..here are some before transplant and after . The pic showing the roots is prior to application of azos and mycos to demonstrate the root structure and depth and this is in Coco. So the order of the pics are Before,during , after and then wait for it …....10 days later !!! Boom ! On a feed that never exceeded 550 ppm on a 500 scale the entire grow .

Attachments

• IMG_6218.JPG
    IMG_6218.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6219.JPG
    IMG_6219.JPG
    889.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6221.JPG
    IMG_6221.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6249.JPG
    IMG_6249.JPG