Transplanting

Thank you so very much for that plethora of information. I have noticed my girls, all 18 of them, started sucking up water on approximately 30 hour span. I will uppot them asap. .
Beauties!

Yeah I agree. I actually pulled them off my crop for some folks to adopt, but they all backed out.
I held them in the 1g because I didn’t want to have to deal with building the soil, transplanting, and everything else involved.
The two Afghans were like that, the 3 AKs were just right. Really wasn’t wanting to go at another run, but it is what it is. Lol!
They were at 2days dry, 3rd wilted. They were where they needed to be to TP.

$30 HD light, no nutes, no temp/Rh adjustment. Cut July 21st.
11D53851-C901-4528-ACAE-A52CA8EAFB89.jpeg
FBB25379-37B1-464B-9D58-6022B3FE1677.jpeg
922C6549-0AF7-4B13-B19A-0AC736E9E214.jpeg
71C07B3E-0EA6-41A6-86FF-7B4370C42279.jpeg
4A5DFFF1-F755-4D7B-AD23-624DC0ACBC3A.jpeg

89270066-0382-470A-9AB8-BDB316D7DBB5.jpeg
What is that thing in the middle?

I wanted to be able to adjust my temp/Rh gauge as the plants grew, so I saw “personal flag poles” on Amazon and thought it’d work.
The one I got was the 6’. It’s a bit more than a 1/2” in diameter at the base, so I drilled a hole in the center of the floor, hammered it in snug, and now I can raise them as the ladies grow.
I have one on top to read when I’m in the room, and the one on the bottom is wireless so I can monitor when upstairs.
I wanted an ambient temp, and a canopy(ish) temp.

Ok maybe off subject but I have one of my girls may be sick. I just repotted all 18 plants. Strawberry cough and kush. I noticed the top center leaves and the a couple of the other leaves are light green on the outside edges. What do y'all think is wrong?

Attachments

• sick girl.jpg
    sick girl.jpg
    923.6 KB · Views: 29
Ok maybe off subject but I have one of my girls may be sick. I just repotted all 18 plants. Strawberry cough and kush. I noticed the top center leaves and the a couple of the other leaves are light green on the outside edges. What do y'all think is wrong?
Let me also add, when I watered I just watered with water only,,, no nutrients.

Was the PH checked and within range? For soil optimum is 6.5, lol
Yes I did but I think my testing is somewhat inadequate. I have to up my game on that. I is currently the kind in the tube. But that being said it showed it was around 7.5 to the best of my knowledge. So would that make just that one plant do that. Also I will add this one plant was the closest to my rooms opening and it has been cold here. Although it stays 75 to 82 in the room.

Yes I did but I think my testing is somewhat inadequate. I have to up my game on that. I is currently the kind in the tube. But that being said it showed it was around 7.5 to the best of my knowledge. So would that make just that one plant do that. Also I will add this one plant was the closest to my rooms opening and it has been cold here. Although it stays 75 to 82 in the room.
You need a pH pen so that you can hit 6.2-6.5 on the dot. What soil are you using?
I’d be careful when you get up in the 80s. Don’t let it creep too high on ya.

pH outside of the usable range can definitely cause nutrient lockouts. That appears to be the problem... get a better way to measure and adjust your pH
Ty. I am all over that today. Will get some Ph lowering stuff as well

Ty. I am all over that today. Will get some Ph lowering stuff as well
I use lemon juice.
In my experience some seaweed kelp additives will drop the pH for you. I use Neptune’s and it drops my 7.0 spring water between 6.2-6.5 every time.

You need a pH pen so that you can hit 6.2-6.5 on the dot. What soil are you using?
I’d be careful when you get up in the 80s. Don’t let it creep too high on ya.
Gotcha. Ty. I was unaware of that. I mixed up these in equal parts in a wheelbarrow. Miracle grow garden soil vegetable, flowers, and two kinds of potting mix. See pics. I also bought this ph lower stuff but it smells like ass. How much lemon juice would I put in my water and should I add it with the nutrients. My plants are in 3.5 gallon bags and are about 2 ft tall .

Attachments

• Photo Nov 14, 8 12 42 AM.jpg
    Photo Nov 14, 8 12 42 AM.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo Nov 14, 8 12 45 AM.jpg
    Photo Nov 14, 8 12 45 AM.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo Nov 14, 8 12 49 AM.jpg
    Photo Nov 14, 8 12 49 AM.jpg
    855.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo Nov 14, 8 12 54 AM.jpg
    Photo Nov 14, 8 12 54 AM.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo Nov 14, 8 12 58 AM.jpg
    Photo Nov 14, 8 12 58 AM.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 26
Gotcha. Ty. I was unaware of that. I mixed up these in equal parts in a wheelbarrow. Miracle grow garden soil vegetable, flowers, and two kinds of potting mix. See pics. I also bought this ph lower stuff but it smells like ass. How much lemon juice would I put in my water and should I add it with the nutrients. My plants are in 3.5 gallon bags and are about 2 ft tall .

Attachments

• Photo Nov 12, 7 16 28 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 12, 7 16 28 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • Photo Nov 12, 7 16 48 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 12, 7 16 48 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • Photo Nov 12, 7 49 17 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 12, 7 49 17 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
That soil acidifier is a big problem for growing cannabis. I suspect that your soil no longer has a positive drift, or at least it has slowed down quite a bit and maybe you no longer have any drift at all. This is going to make your incoming pH that much more important, and I doubt you are going to be able to stay at any single number throughout this grow and keep the plants happy... it just depends on how much that hydrangea mix changed the nature of the soil and at this point that is a total unknown. Do you have anywhere near you that can do a proper soil analysis and give you an idea what your base pH has been lowered down to? This is going to be extremely hard to diagnose correctly and to determine what the proper pH is going to be and I think you are going to have to make some educated guesses to try to dial this in. I would first try to accurately measure the pH to the sweetspot, 6.3pH and see what happens.

That soil acidifier is a big problem for growing cannabis. I suspect that your soil no longer has a positive drift, or at least it has slowed down quite a bit and maybe you no longer have any drift at all. This is going to make your incoming pH that much more important, and I doubt you are going to be able to stay at any single number throughout this grow and keep the plants happy... it just depends on how much that hydrangea mix changed the nature of the soil and at this point that is a total unknown. Do you have anywhere near you that can do a proper soil analysis and give you an idea what your base pH has been lowered down to? This is going to be extremely hard to diagnose correctly and to determine what the proper pH is going to be and I think you are going to have to make some educated guesses to try to dial this in. I would first try to accurately measure the pH to the sweetspot, 6.3pH and see what happens.
Thanks. I did not put any of that stuff in my soil because when I opened it like I said it smelled like ass. I am going to go by the Hydro store and get help there. Again thank you Very much

By the way what is drift

Most soils are designed with buffers, oftentimes dolomite lime, and the soil is designed to have a base pH of around 6.8. When you water at 6.3 pH, near the low end of the usable range of 6.2-6.8, the buffers begin to react with that more acidic solution, causing it to start to drift upward. Also, since the dry base pH of the soil is 6.8, as the soil begins to dry from the top to the bottom, the dryer regions in the container rise up toward the base pH of the soil, while the wetter regions are still mostly under the influence of whatever the pH of the solution has drifted to. It is a neat system, all designed so that you can come in at 6.3 pH and then the soil takes over, and moves the pH through the entire range, picking up all the nutrients in turn as they become most mobile at different pH levels along the scale.

Most soils are designed with buffers, oftentimes dolomite lime, and the soil is designed to have a base pH of around 6.8. When you water at 6.3 pH, near the low end of the usable range of 6.2-6.8, the buffers begin to react with that more acidic solution, causing it to start to drift upward. Also, since the dry base pH of the soil is 6.8, as the soil begins to dry from the top to the bottom, the dryer regions in the container rise up toward the base pH of the soil, while the wetter regions are still mostly under the influence of whatever the pH of the solution has drifted to. It is a neat system, all designed so that you can come in at 6.3 pH and then the soil takes over, and moves the pH through the entire range, picking up all the nutrients in turn as they become most mobile at different pH levels along the scale.
WOW. And here I use to throw some seeds in the ground and pull them up when I thought they were ready to smoke. It’s come a long way. Now I know what drifting is. Old dog new tricks. Getting a pin and some ph lowering stuff today.

Not the best soil for pot to grow in....miracle grow has time release fertilizer. Pots needs to get different fertilizer at different times in its life the needs change as the plant matures imo.
That being said the next problem with miracle grow is it doesn't drain well very slow without
Proper drainage the roots will rot. Perlite mixed in helps drainage.

Thanks. I did not put any of that stuff in my soil because when I opened it like I said it smelled like ass. I am going to go by the Hydro store and get help there. Again thank you Very much
It smells that way because that is what it is, an organic additive for making soil more acid. I am pretty sure that if you contact Espoma they will tell you that the smell is caused by their use of Sulphur and Gypsum together. They might add in another ingredient or so but those two are the primary ones they use to lower the pH of soil for Hydrangea plants.

As far as I am aware, Espoma is one of the oldest and most trusted of the companies that specializes in organic additives for use by gardeners.

As Emilya mentions, you don't need that product. Maybe you can return it to the store where you bought it. Unless, you have some Hydrangea growing in your gardens. Works wonders at turning those flowers shades of blue.

Back
Top Bottom