420 Magazine Background

Traveling to California

fahq

This summer I will be traveling to California with my dad for his work. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get a MMJ when not claiming residency in California(currently in Nebraska). I do suffer from depression and I have had migraines for the greater part of my life. If I even apply for this card what will getting one involve?
Thanks for the help:bong:

jakemeup

You need residency and you have to get a doctors reccomendation. So unless youre staying for awhile I wouldnt expect much.

fahq

I guess that will not be me then. I will only be going for weeks at a time if that long.

ALWAYS-420

pretty much, i would read over the MJ laws and see if "residency" is an issue. not sure if its even possible to get a doctors note, when the state law only applies to current state residents.

fahq

I checked out that NORML page but it did not seem to have anything about being a citizen, it is probably assumed, but I sent an email to the California NORML to hopefully get a for sure answer one way or another.

fahq

you should get an answer soon, NORML is usually good regarding the 'replies' .

I got an answer the same day but it did not seem very helpful. Here is the email

>This summer I will be traveling to California for about a week at
>time. I suffer from depression and have had severe migraines for
>the better part of my life. Is it possible for me to obtain a
>medical marijuana card when I claim residency out of California?
>(currently Nebraska)

Yes, for info see California NORML

> If I can what will I have to do to obtain it and about how long
>should I expect it to take?
>Thank You
>Paul

I looked at the website and did not find anything.

Pinch

Off the top of my head.. you'll have to get a CDL to prove residency which takes 1 day at DMV and 4-7 days to get in mail (for which you'll need a CA address).
With CDL in hand it takes another day to get Doc rec and then you're set.

Drug Policy Alliance: Proposition 215 and You

Ca SB 420 Text

""Qualified patient" means a person who is entitled to the protections of Section 11362.5, but who does not have an identification card issued pursuant to this article."

Don't think so mate.. Good luck.

Pinch

CDL = California Driver License

Top Bottom