Traveling to California

fahq

This summer I will be traveling to California with my dad for his work. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get a MMJ when not claiming residency in California(currently in Nebraska). I do suffer from depression and I have had migraines for the greater part of my life. If I even apply for this card what will getting one involve?
Thanks for the help:bong:

You need residency and you have to get a doctors reccomendation. So unless youre staying for awhile I wouldnt expect much.

I guess that will not be me then. I will only be going for weeks at a time if that long.

pretty much, i would read over the MJ laws and see if "residency" is an issue. not sure if its even possible to get a doctors note, when the state law only applies to current state residents.

I checked out that NORML page but it did not seem to have anything about being a citizen, it is probably assumed, but I sent an email to the California NORML to hopefully get a for sure answer one way or another.

you should get an answer soon, NORML is usually good regarding the 'replies' .

I got an answer the same day but it did not seem very helpful. Here is the email

>This summer I will be traveling to California for about a week at
>time. I suffer from depression and have had severe migraines for
>the better part of my life. Is it possible for me to obtain a
>medical marijuana card when I claim residency out of California?
>(currently Nebraska)

Yes, for info see California NORML

> If I can what will I have to do to obtain it and about how long
>should I expect it to take?
>Thank You
>Paul

I looked at the website and did not find anything.

Off the top of my head.. you'll have to get a CDL to prove residency which takes 1 day at DMV and 4-7 days to get in mail (for which you'll need a CA address).
With CDL in hand it takes another day to get Doc rec and then you're set.

Drug Policy Alliance: Proposition 215 and You

Ca SB 420 Text

""Qualified patient" means a person who is entitled to the protections of Section 11362.5, but who does not have an identification card issued pursuant to this article."

Don't think so mate.. Good luck.

CDL = California Driver License

Back
Top Bottom