Travelling with a vaporizer

newleaf1968

Hello
I have my Canadian medical card .
I'll be traveling from Toronto to Jamaica this month and was wondering if anyone would know if I can bring my Da Vinci vaporizer in my carry on through customs .
Thanks

Welcome newleaf1968 :welcome:

I would say that it is not worth the risk. I remember sitting in the sun at Mo Bay airport watching security walk dogs up & down the rows of departing passenger's luggage. Would a dog flag on a vaporizer? I know my vape smells like burnt herb so I wouldn't take mine.

Ian

Welcome newleaf1968 :welcome:

I would say that it is not worth the risk. I remember sitting in the sun at Mo Bay airport watching security walk dogs up & down the rows of departing passenger's luggage. Would a dog flag on a vaporizer? I know my vape smells like burnt herb so I wouldn't take mine.

Ian

Yeah, your Canadian med card prolly don't mean much to a Jamaican cop, you pothead foreigner. ;)

I suppose if you cleaned it before and after there wouldn't be an issue. If you are actually carrying anything that you don't want to attract attention with, don't.

It's one of those even if all the Countries you go thru are "legal" for possession, once you start importing/exporting (crossing Country borders or in the US States even) it can be considered "Trafficking" which can be a whole different ball of wax if they so choose to be that way about it. So you would have to know the rules everywhere and the other problem is they change quite regularly too along with not knowing how much they enforce said rules. So one of those "is it worth taking the risk or not to you" kind of things that only you can answer. As Medical Cards tend to only be "valid" where they were issued as everywhere has it's own rules, be it Countries or States or Provinces.

sweetsue and friends made a Jamaica trip awhile back They might have a good answer for you. A relative told me you could buy good product from everybody there including the cop lol

There is also a 'bring it back into Canada' question to be investigated

Ok just realized you are a new member as of Jan2018 - so welcome to a lovely place. You wont know people yet or where they hang out so I'll ask her to drop by.:welcome:

Hello
I’ll be traveling from Toronto to Jamaica this month and was wondering if anyone would know if I can bring my Da Vinci vaporizer in my carry on through customs .
Thanks

Lol, leave that thing at home or get arrested. Your choice. If it was brand new and never had anything in it I'd say you're fine. But then you would be stuck leaving in Jamaica once you used it there. I can't believe you'd even consider taking it

Hello
I'll be traveling from Toronto to Jamaica this month and was wondering if anyone would know if I can bring my Da Vinci vaporizer in my carry on through customs .
Thanks ��

:welcome: newleaf.

I wouldn't try it. Pack it in you checked baggage. They don't give a hoot about the checked baggage. When I traveled to and from Jamaica I made sure I cleaned my devices so there was no residue in them at all. Sound advice for a foreign traveler.

Have a wonderful time. There's a group of HB guys from our forum going in February. I envy you. :battingeyelashes:

I used capsules to tide me over for the traveling time. I packed enough for the return trip. Capsules are easier to drop in the luggage too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Do not check it on your luggage, tsa rules state that vape devices cant be in checked luggage. If it's spotted in x-rays it will be removed from your bag.

I fly with my Pax 2 and my yocan evolve plus. Heres what i do, clean the piss out of my Pax so it has no smell. I clean the yocan up and put a new unused coil on it, and i do stash wax in the lil storage bottom cap.

I go through security with no issues, they dont care, and they don't search for cannabis. To TSA its a vaping device, whether it does nicotine or cannabis or oil or wax and your supposed to have it with you per their rules. Just dont make it obvious and have a vape that smells like a Cypress Hill Concert.
Once im through security i find somewhere to eat. Grab a toothpick on my way out to use as a loading device for my wax and i dab out in the bathroom before i board. I love that wax has no smell.

Also, dogs at airports 99% of the time are bomb dogs not narcotic dogs.

All that said, you stated vaporizor, not herb. Just flying with the vape to and from is no issue.

Now, random story time. About 10 years ago a friend of mine flew to Cancun and took an ounce of weed with him from Midwest USA. He said he knew he couldn't get better stuff than he can grow here. I told him he was nuts and going to be the only Gringo to get locked up smuggling weed into Mexico. But he pulled it off, friggin nuts lol.

Do not check it on your luggage, tsa rules state that vape devices cant be in checked luggage. If it's spotted in x-rays it will be removed from your bag.

I fly with my Pax 2 and my yocan evolve plus. Heres what i do, clean the piss out of my Pax so it has no smell. I clean the yocan up and put a new unused coil on it, and i do stash wax in the lil storage bottom cap.

I go through security with no issues, they dont care, and they don't search for cannabis. To TSA its a vaping device, whether it does nicotine or cannabis or oil or wax and your supposed to have it with you per their rules. Just dont make it obvious and have a vape that smells like a Cypress Hill Concert.
Once im through security i find somewhere to eat. Grab a toothpick on my way out to use as a loading device for my wax and i dab out in the bathroom before i board. I love that wax has no smell.

Also, dogs at airports 99% of the time are bomb dogs not narcotic dogs.

All that said, you stated vaporizor, not herb. Just flying with the vape to and from is no issue.

Now, random story time. About 10 years ago a friend of mine flew to Cancun and took an ounce of weed with him from Midwest USA. He said he knew he couldn't get better stuff than he can grow here. I told him he was nuts and going to be the only Gringo to get locked up smuggling weed into Mexico. But he pulled it off, friggin nuts lol.

This was excellent advice. You obviously travel by plane much more than I do. :laughtwo: I'll file all of this away, because my intent is to increase travel opportunities.

Speaking from recent experience, Jamaica didn't really offer anything that was better than what we took with us. Regardless, I don't recommend you take any cannabis along. It's still a significant risk. The surprising result of my trip was the seeds I brought back, one of which was a wild strain that turned out to be the perfect match to my daughter's ECS. That seed was worth every penny I spent on that delightful week in paradise. :battingeyelashes:

> Jamaica didn't really offer anything that was better than what we took with us.
Just as we no longer automatically assume that French wine is better than what comes from California--our domestic product has improved amazingly in the last 50 years (due in no small part to people just like those we interact with here at 420magazine.com ;)).

> my daughter's ECS
"Economy Class Syndrome"(?!)

> Jamaica didn't really offer anything that was better than what we took with us.
Just as we no longer automatically assume that French wine is better than what comes from California--our domestic product has improved amazingly in the last 50 years (due in no small part to people just like those we interact with here at 420magazine.com ;)).

> my daughter's ECS
"Economy Class Syndrome"(?!)

Endocannabinoid system - Wikipedia

Ive only flow like this 3 times so far. I flew with herb the 1st time and it wasnt worth the worry lol. But just vape devices with no herb they cant say crap. The wax is a risk, but the state i fly out of punishes concentrates the same as herb, (citation and fine) but i flew into a state that punishes any concentrate amount as a felony. I used my yocan at a bar there and had a sherif deputy i didnt see coming walk around the corner on me as i was exhaling, he didnt have a clue and walked on by.

TSA is not gonna hold a busy line up for a clean vape device.

The nice thing about concentrates is that they are so... concentrated. It's easy to stash a little packet between cheek and gum for the short time it takes to go through inspection.

The nice thing about concentrates is that they are so... concentrated. It's easy to stash a little packet between cheek and gum for the short time it takes to go through inspection.

That I won't try because im honestly suprised the body scanner cant pick that up. It can find a tiny end of a straw wrapper in my pocket. Not sure when you last flew, but they body scan everyone at my departure airport.

That I won't try because im honestly suprised the body scanner cant pick that up. It can find a tiny end of a straw wrapper in my pocket. Not sure when you last flew, but they body scan everyone at my departure airport.

They do the same when I fly too.

Back
Top Bottom