Treezzz 1st Grow - Bag Seed - White Widow in Soil

so its time for an update. this is just for my vegging/germing plants because its lights off in the flowring room right now. first off here's a couple pics of my veg. box. its made from 2x4's and OSB, has a 350W commercial MH light and no air ventilation yet so ileave the door cracked with a fan. i plan on running a duct and 6 inch can fan from this box to my big flowering box right next to it so it runs my veg. box's air through my flowring box's carbon filter. i added mylar to the inside since the last update:
Picture_1077.jpg

Picture_1089.jpg

And here are the Purps! they are 38 days old from seed, 27 days into veg. the ones in soil in the front are in 4 gallon pots, one is 10% perlite, 90% black gold potting soil and the other is 10% perlite, 90% Happy Frog. The ones in the back are in a 6 site bubbler w/ 30 gallon res. i am using GH nutes (gro, micro, bloom, and floraliscious plus right now) and i am following the formula on the bottle for "growth" right now. The plants in the bubbler have massive leaves and are extremely dense. hopefully you can tell in the pictures :) and the one in the middle in the front has some damage from a pH issue a few days ago. she seems to be much more sensitive than the others in the same res. she is the one that started with 3 leaf sets but has switched to the normal 2 leaf sets now
Picture_1097.jpg

Picture_1108.jpg

Picture_1117.jpg

Picture_1124.jpg

Picture_1137.jpg

Picture_1147.jpg

Picture_1156.jpg

Picture_1226.jpg

Picture_1233.jpg

here's the normal sized soil leaves for comparison:
Picture_1244.jpg

so does anyone know if growth this size is normal? i haven't seen it in any of my other hydro experiments including a 5 gallon bubble bucket with the same Purps plant in it and same nutes under my 1000W HPS. it seems almost unnatural. the individual fan leaves are as tall or taller than the whole height of the plant and idk how any of the undergrowth gets any light but somehow it is bushy as hell...

here's a couple with the yard stick:
Picture_1254.jpg

Picture_1265.jpg

these biatches are definitely going to go in the flowering room with the next res. change in a few days. they've pretty much outgrown the veg box now. i will keep the 2 soil plants in there vegging and the best one will be my purps mom. good thing i had all those hermies cause the 6 bubbler purps will already take up half my flowring box. i can't wait to see what they do under a 1000W HPS. i am also going to double the air being pumped into the res. when i change it by adding another pump.

here is the next generation. 5 feminized white widow seedlings and 5 feminized master kush seedlings from Nirvana Seeds: :love::love::love: i started germing them 5 days ago. first up is MK:
Picture_1184.jpg

Picture_1176.jpg

Picture_1194.jpg

and now the WW:
Picture_1201.jpg

Picture_1213.jpg

group shot of the babies:
Picture_1165.jpg

as soon as they are strong enough they will all be going in my 24 site aero cloner i just built. i forgot to take pics but i will have some in the flowering room update.

once they outgrow the cloner i hopefully will have my second grow room built. i am planning out a second room that will have a 9 bucket recirculating dwc system i am building myself and 2x 400W HPS lights. this room will house 4 of each strain and i will have 1 of each strain in soil in the veg box to serve as moms. the 9th bucket is for the sake of symmetry and to utilize all the space in the squar-ish room and will have a Purps clone in it or something. thanks to anyone who took the time to read this massive update :) happy growing everyone!!!

Oh man that poor little seedling pushed itself out of the hole. What are you gonna do with that one? Try and move it back into the hole or..? Everything else looks top notch and I can't wait to see your DWC system when it is built.:thumb:

Oh man that poor little seedling pushed itself out of the hole. What are you gonna do with that one? Try and move it back into the hole or..? Everything else looks top notch and I can't wait to see your DWC system when it is built.:thumb:

yeah that one is growing crazy. she looks like a snake or somethin. she already fell out once and i put her back and i'm scared to keep messin with her so i'm just gonna see how it goes i guess. i'm hopin she makes it though :cheer:

Have any party cups? If so Bury the rapid rooter plug and then carefully fill it up keeping her "helmet" Above the soil. It should help her in the long run.

thanks man that's a good idea and a good tip. i always have this problem with my seedlings (except with the purps i think, they've grown really strongly from seed) so i will definitely give that a try. do you think perlite would work as well if i did the same thing? thanks again! :rollit:

I usually don't use perlite for anything under 1gal pots. It just isn't enough to need drainage. I add a bit of perlite when I go into 3-5 gal pots.

160z to 1gal I use straight soil. You will have fast enough dry time to keep a decent schedule.

so here's the second part of my update with the flowering room pics and my cloner (yes i know the first part was already huge and i'm sorry). this is what happens when i take thursday and friday off work and have a 4 day weekend haha.

so fisrt here are the plants from the flowering room. this is a purps plant i dropped a couple weeks ago and almost gave up on it cause it uprooted and all the leaves broke off but now i'm glad i didn't :)
Picture_1304.jpg

isn't she cute? :love:

and next are the soil Purps i put straight into flowering after a couple weeks from seed:
Picture_1314.jpg

Picture_1334.jpg

this 5 gallon dwc Purps plant has droopy leaves that look like overwatering and slow growth but i don't think its lack of oxygen cause it has the same pump the 6 plant bubbler has in it. ppm pH and ec are right on too... any help?
Picture_1344.jpg

these next 7 are the only 2 bagseed that didn't go hermie. one is the smallest of the group, the other was medium sized but had the smallest buds and deformed leaves
Picture_1355.jpg

Picture_1364.jpg

Picture_1374.jpg

Picture_1383.jpg

Picture_1393.jpg

Picture_1403.jpg

Picture_1417.jpg

yay for non-hermies!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

so up next here's a shot of the outside of the cloner and a shot of the pump mechanism. the mister heads i ordered should be here today and i have to drill holes for those and insert them and then its done. so i'll have more pics soon when its done. i also ordered a fogger that should be here in about a week. my bubble bags should be arriving today as well. so here it is:
Picture_1284.jpg

this is a 250 GPH connected to 1/2" PVC and fittings for anyone wondering:

Picture_1294.jpg

and now this is a little preview of what will become my second flowering room so i can do a before and after:
Picture_1427.jpg

Picture_1434.jpg

and lastly my rDWC plans:

Picture_1452.jpg

Picture_1447.jpg

i also was going to post my plans for bloom room 2 but i forgot to take pics so i will next time. and as of 6 am this morning, the seedlings are doing very well and look like they all will open and that droopy 5 gallon bucket bubbler purps perked up :thumb: let me know what you guys think. thanks! :)

I usually don't use perlite for anything under 1gal pots. It just isn't enough to need drainage. I add a bit of perlite when I go into 3-5 gal pots.

160z to 1gal I use straight soil. You will have fast enough dry time to keep a decent schedule.

makes sense. the reason i ask is cause these are goin in my aero cloner for a couple weeks and then my rDWC once i finish that so i don't wanna put em in soil. i ended up doin what you said basically though. i got a 2 inch net pot out of my cloner, put the rooting cube in the net pot and picked out all the smallest pieces of hydroton to gently cover the big twisty root and give her a push in the right direction... just like any good father would haha. i had to do this to one other seedling also but she was more obstinent and i had to handle her a lot more so i hope she lives. as of right now it looks like all 10 should survive. their cotyldons (sp) are popping and they're stretching like crazy. one MK is almost 2 inches tall now. thanks again for the advice. i'll have updates soon :)

Good deal my friend.( You were off by one letter lol. Cotyledon) Oh if you were gonna do that with no soil you could've just done a hempy. mixture of perlite and vermiculite would have sufficed. either way you should be fine.:welldone:

Good deal my friend.( You were off by one letter lol. Cotyledon) Oh if you were gonna do that with no soil you could've just done a hempy. mixture of perlite and vermiculite would have sufficed. either way you should be fine.:welldone:

hey thanks again. both of the seedlings that grew out of their cubes survived and are as healthy as the others. but one of the other seeds MK seeds that was originally doing fine stopped growing a few days ago. i don't think its gonna come back but the 9 others are doing really well. tomorrow they go in my newly built aero cloner and get their first light nute dose :)

:peace:

I'm jealous of all the extra space you have! All the possibilities run through my head. One of my friends has a spot so I might be setting up a grow room for him and being a partner gardener. Gonna teach him while seeing what I can do with a large area of space. As for the seedlings going into the cloner. Are they gonna live their lives in the 2inch net pots?

Looking good Treezzz...i see you are on top of things...got buds:bravo:..i won't see those on mine until 2012...

haha yeah but they'll be worth the wait i'm sure

:welldone:good job lookin frwrd 2 more of your grow , nicely kept up on ..funny how it consums us:morenutes:

yeah i would definitely say i'm consumed by growing haha

I'm jealous of all the extra space you have! All the possibilities run through my head. One of my friends has a spot so I might be setting up a grow room for him and being a partner gardener. Gonna teach him while seeing what I can do with a large area of space. As for the seedlings going into the cloner. Are they gonna live their lives in the 2inch net pots?

yeah i wish it was mine but its a rented house so it sucks everything here is temperary. i love the space though. now its just a matter of funding my second room... i helped one of my friends set up a little closet grow and his little Da Purps is doin awesome. it's great sharing your growing experience with someone else. and as for the seedlings in the cloner, yeah they're gonna stay in those net pots. they're goin from the cloner to my partially complete 9 bucket recirc dwc/aero system. do you think 2" net pots in a 5 gallon bucket is a bad idea? i don't see many other people doin it but idk why a 6" would be better. thanks for following along and responding everyone! peace!

sorry i haven't had any pics lately i've been really really busy. but i will definitely have some before the long weekend is over. happy thanksgiving everyone!!! :party: don't forget to give thanks for the existence of such an awesome plant hahaha. peace!

Happy Thanksgiving Treezzz...to you and yours...:yahoo::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom