Trellis or tomato cage?

cranston1

We are in 25 gallon smart pots with pro mix hp. Anyway we plan on vegging until 3 to 4 ft. tall and our plants are quickly becoming trees. With 11 ft. of ceiling and all kinds of room. I'm wondering best way to hold up what are sure to be big droopy branches. Besides staking and yo- yos. Would a tomato cage for each big lady do the trick. A trellis would make moving around pretty tough. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hey Cranston1,

I would go w/ the cage! Most trellis use when it comes to Cannabis cultivation is used for SCROG. With that kind of height, and utilizing that kind of height properley, comes with some logistical challenges.

My two cents. Start a journal and you will have all the help you need!

You can start one here!

Welcome to the best 420 site on the net!

Hog wire.

You know Snowbender, You could roll that stuff up into a nice cone. Secure like you would any other wire and bam, there it is! Then you have your custom cage. I just might have to try that one.

I just roll it into a cylinder.
-regular ranch fence works ok but hog wire has nice big openings and is about 20 times stronger.

I just roll it into a cylinder.
-regular ranch fence works ok but hog wire has nice big openings and is about 20 times stronger.

I've seen fencing wire wrapped around some nice sized plants outdoors (6'+ diameter) in the same 25 gal smart pot containers. It works great. They used the fencing with like six inch or bigger holes. You can get it in different heights.

Hopefully you have a way to get light to the lower buds with a tall canopy.

Hopefully you have a way to get light to the lower buds with a tall canopy.
I never seem to have much trouble with the sun not penetrating deep enough into the canopy.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom