TriangleCheese Grows Barney's Purple Punch & Dinafem Super Silver

The taste is here on the Super Silver. Extremely clean and tasty sativa here. Purple Punch will be there in a couple of days but except the bad fresh taste that one is also perfect. I will write smoke report on both genetics in a couple of days after tasting some good parts of the PP.

Here are some dried nug and trich close ups for you folks. Happy growing :passitleft:

Purple Punch;

This is the biggest cola. There is some extra stem on it but it weights 31 grams;

Super Silver;

Well I am back with some bad and good news.

Super Silver nugs are all packed but not sealed. They are staying in the jar with the lid open for now. I will wait for a couple of days to observe all of the nugs because there was one suspicious nug and today I spotted some early phase mold on it. I don't think the mold is spreaded but I checked all of the other nugs and couldn't spot any other. I wouldn't be this surprised if the mold was on the Purple Punch but there is a lesson here for me to learn.

RH was around %45 on the SS tent but there was only an intake and outlet fan. There was nothing blowing onto the plant. That bud was the furthest one from the airflow and maybe thats why it has a very early phase of mold. Purple Punch flowered around %55 RH and it had two fans blowing on her. I think airflow plays a bigger role than RH and I used both of my fans for the PP and that was the right call.

I will keep my buds drying for a little more time. They are already dried but longer air curing would do a safer job than jar curing. I have some maintainance to handle in the grow area and when all these work gets done I will sanitize the whole grow area for good.

I think there is a lot to discuss here. Mold spores are everywhere and I need to defoliate my plants better. I must spray the whole area with alcohol and clean the tents for multiple times. I worked very hard to prevent mold in this grow but still I have a single moldy bud. Thats not too much and I think I am very lucky. I just need to make a clean start and keep doing this after every grow.

Btw, Purple Punch looks green but when you grind these nugs you get purple. Thats kinda cool :hmmmm:

And here are some more shots of the Super Silver. That f*ck*ng mold shot first;

And some others;

Well I am back with some bad and good news.

Super Silver nugs are all packed but not sealed. They are staying in the jar with the lid open for now. I will wait for a couple of days to observe all of the nugs because there was one suspicious nug and today I spotted some early phase mold on it. I don't think the mold is spreaded but I checked all of the other nugs and couldn't spot any other. I wouldn't be this surprised if the mold was on the Purple Punch but there is a lesson here for me to learn.

RH was around %45 on the SS tent but there was only an intake and outlet fan. There was nothing blowing onto the plant. That bud was the furthest one from the airflow and maybe thats why it has a very early phase of mold. Purple Punch flowered around %55 RH and it had two fans blowing on her. I think airflow plays a bigger role than RH and I used both of my fans for the PP and that was the right call.

I will keep my buds drying for a little more time. They are already dried but longer air curing would do a safer job than jar curing. I have some maintainance to handle in the grow area and when all these work gets done I will sanitize the whole grow area for good.

I think there is a lot to discuss here. Mold spores are everywhere and I need to defoliate my plants better. I must spray the whole area with alcohol and clean the tents for multiple times. I worked very hard to prevent mold in this grow but still I have a single moldy bud. Thats not too much and I think I am very lucky. I just need to make a clean start and keep doing this after every grow.

Btw, Purple Punch looks green but when you grind these nugs you get purple. Thats kinda cool :hmmmm:

And here are some more shots of the Super Silver. That f*ck*ng mold shot first;

And some others;

Good catch on the nug TC. Really wouldn't want that one in a jar with the rest. Man I hate mould!

I got some nice purple on the top buds with my PP but the lowers had a green appearance to them. Like you said though, they ground up much darker looking and are nice and fluffy.

That was a great yield as well which I've yet to congratulate you on. Well done TC
:passitleft:

Good catch on the nug TC. Really wouldn't want that one in a jar with the rest. Man I hate mould!

I got some nice purple on the top buds with my PP but the lowers had a green appearance to them. Like you said though, they ground up much darker looking and are nice and fluffy.

That was a great yield as well which I've yet to congratulate you on. Well done TC

Thanks a lot Prof. I will grow Purple Punch in the fall again. I'll give her low humidity and heat but lot of calcium this time. Btw, have you noticed any calcium hunger of this strain?

Thanks a lot Prof. I will grow Purple Punch in the fall again. I'll give her low humidity and heat but lot of calcium this time. Btw, have you noticed any calcium hunger of this strain?

Sorry TC. I missed this one.
I didn't notice any cal issues with her. Since switching to megacrop I haven't had any cal issues

Sorry TC. I missed this one.
I didn't notice any cal issues with her. Since switching to megacrop I haven't had any cal issues

Thats nice to hear. Maybe my pH pen is f*ck*d up idk. I'll definately get another and try 6.1 pH this time.

I am always aiming for 5.9 on coco and using Plagron coco but since this time I used biobizz coco mix and it has a pH of 5.5(I've learned this a few days ago), plant may suffered from low pH therefore the low intake of calcium. That is the most recent and logical reason I can come up with. This time I may go up to 6.2. There is some deficiency on my new grow as well. I will do the experiment on BG41 and Pink Kush before trying that on the last Purple Punch. I won't be using bloom boosters but Fulvic and Rhino Skin(for silica). If these provide fine results I will go down the same road with the PP.

I'll also check megacrop. I've been hearing all about it and it sounds really great with silica and L-Amino acids but we don't have access to that brand here. I can ask my friends to get me a big bag if you recommend it that much :passitleft:

We are now officially in curing phase. Jar lids and vac. bags are sealed to burp once or twice each day for a week. After that I think I will burp them a couple times a week because they are nicely dried. Only trimbags are vacuumed and they are in the freezer.

This grow turned out to be a zero waste one. I will keep this journal on until I finish the extraction process and demonstrate some different products here.

Here is 120 grams of the Super Silver and around 310 grams of Purple Punch;

It's been a while and I've been enjoying these nugs a lot guys :passitleft:

Its time to end this journal and share some more final results. Purple Punch trim yielded 17g and Super Silver yielded around 13g in pollen shaker. I pressed some of them with mild heat to get some hashish but the majority is still with me as you can see;

I dumped like 10 grams of Super Silver pollen inside alcohol and shaked for a long time. I've already filtered most of the clorophyl out in pollen shaker so I think this extract will taste awesome.

I am not sure what to do with the Purple Punch pollen but when I do, I'll update this journal for the last time, probably in completed journals division of the forum.

I want to thank all of you fine fellows to join me on this ride. If you are looking for more, you can visit my journal on plant training from my signature. I'll also start two more journals. One will be focusing on the new LED modules that I've built and the other one would probably be a SOG one.

Here are some pictures of my new full spectrum LED's. If you are interested in observing the process and any discussions on LED's, make sure you stay subbed to this thread. I'll share links for these new journals here for you guys.

Happy growing :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Superb hash right there TC. That stuff looks awesome.

Is that the light you mentioned a little while back? Looks great. When you starting your SOG grow?

Thanks a lot Prof :passitleft:

Yeah these are the lights but this one and couple others are literally handmade by me. I drilled every single hole and did the whole PCB design. But now I am abandoning LM301H's to try a completely different approach to mid-power LED's. I am expecting at least %15 more light compared to the LM301H's at the same power and spectrum(except the new ones will have red boost). I've made an agreement with a manufacturer here and explained them the whole design. They will take care of the assembling part for us and ship directly to customers. I will be back with the final 120W(or140W) and 240W(or 280W) model soon. These will also be full spectrum but I also added some red boost with quality high power diodes for possible future marketing reasons. I've got a supplier of electrooptics here and they got their own amazing lens design. These make my lights better than the ones I've tried so far because almost nobody is using optics and I am just able to access much better lenses. Readings are amazing with XLG-240 and I'll test these boards with ELG series or OSRAM drivers. We are already going commercial locally and we have no doubt that we will rock the grow light market here. I hope that I can be successful enough to be a sponsor for 420MAG :blunt:

About the SOG plans, things are really complicated these days :laugh:

I am planning to buy a new grow tent, which is 90x150x200cm. I might go and run three tents or I can just postpone the SOG grow and get these plants big like I usually do. It's incredibly hot and humid here and unfortunately we can't get out of this climate until the end of this summer. Flowering in these conditions will be terrible so I am leaning to stick to the original plan and spare one 3x3 tent for SOG if I can find a proper place in my apartment :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom