TriangleCheese Grows Barney's Purple Punch & Dinafem Super Silver

Plants look great! I’m in for the ride. I see you’ve grown Gorilla Zkittlez before. Got any pointers for that? I flipped her 15 days ago.

Thanks mate and welcome aboard :passitleft:

Gorilla Zkittlez was the last grow of '19 for me and I couldn't finish that journal due to some unfortunate reasons. I had to leave my plants and asked my folks to take care of them. Nevertheless I have a lot to say about that strain and BG41 particularly.

I trained them and flipped the lights before leaving. I left on their 18th day of flowering. I had no idea that these strains could stretch this much after that point. I came home like a month later and was in shock. Plants gained almost 20/25(GZ/BG41) cm of vertical height so you better prepare for a bloom stretch. Your plants may not stretch but I've seen otherwise and its better to be prepared. I would suggest Light Addict's tip spreading method at this point. You can get colas instead of nugs if you can stack nodes tight as your plant stretches.

GZ is a heavy yielder. My buds were very dense and potent. This strain will definately get you to your desired height. I fed both strains hard and they responded great. I suggest using a bloom booster like AN Big Bud for hungry genetics. If you are growing organic, I suggest GH BioBud as a bloom booster. Just make sure you give them enough light and feeding. I can see that you have proper lighting but I am not familiar with Fox Farm products. If you have a bloom booster in there, that will also help.

I hope these information helps. More questions are welcomed :blunt:

Thanks mate and welcome aboard :passitleft:

Gorilla Zkittlez was the last grow of '19 for me and I couldn't finish that journal due to some unfortunate reasons. I had to leave my plants and asked my folks to take care of them. Nevertheless I have a lot to say about that strain and BG41 particularly.

I trained them and flipped the lights before leaving. I left on their 18th day of flowering. I had no idea that these strains could stretch this much after that point. I came home like a month later and was in shock. Plants gained almost 20/25(GZ/BG41) cm of vertical height so you better prepare for a bloom stretch. Your plants may not stretch but I've seen otherwise and its better to be prepared. I would suggest Light Addict's tip spreading method at this point. You can get colas instead of nugs if you can stack nodes tight as your plant stretches.

GZ is a heavy yielder. My buds were very dense and potent. This strain will definately get you to your desired height. I fed both strains hard and they responded great. I suggest using a bloom booster like AN Big Bud for hungry genetics. If you are growing organic, I suggest GH BioBud as a bloom booster. Just make sure you give them enough light and feeding. I can see that you have proper lighting but I am not familiar with Fox Farm products. If you have a bloom booster in there, that will also help.

I hope these information helps. More questions are welcomed :blunt:
Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

I am back with more trichome pictures. I am paying close attention and I think I have more time than I thought. There are still clear trichomes on the most ripened buds. I am expecting bigger colas from PP to be honest. Super Silver is doing all she can though. I might switch to Ripen on Purple Punch in a couple of days. I am observing some Cal deficiency and I hope Ripen has some in it because I don't have anything with calcium. I might also try to extract Calcium from eggshells. I haven't decided yet so we'll see about that in a few days.

Here we go;

Purple Punch;

Super Silver;

I am back with some recent pictures of the Super Silver. Actually I was keeping this one for an early harvest to fill my empty quarantine stash but this plant thrived like crazy and start developing these fat nugs so I decided to let her bloom until the end. I installed another SCROG net to get some seperation in the budsite. Smell is exactly like lime zest :surf:

Purple lights suck on pictures but I will get you some great harvest pictures next week so keep tuned for that guys :passitleft:

Happy growing folks. We'll check the trichomes tomorrow :roorrip:

Hey folks :passitleft:I am back with some update on feeding and lighting.

I will harvest the Super Silver in a few days. I am planning to flush her for the last time with Florakleen this wednesday. I will keep the flush for two days then turn the lights off for another 48 hours. I moved one R300 to Purple Punch's tent. I have been feeding the Super Silver with GH Ripen for the last nine days. Purple Punch is on her 3rd day with Ripen. pH is around 5.7 and PPM is around 830.

Coming close :Rasta:

I ordered a macro clip on lens for iphone and its finally here. I think these lenses are the wise choice when it comes to take trichome photos. 60x microscope out macro in :blunt:

I am still feeding them with Ripen. I won't flush until I see some noticable amber. Ripen can keep plants going up to 15 days. This saturday, Super Silver will finish her 15th day on ripen and therefore, I need to flush her this weekend instead of these weekdays. Purple Punch will be flushed one week after that. I might keep flushing longer but I don't think they can flower more than 10 weeks. 14th of march was the beginning of flowering and they are now both in their 9th week of flowering. A bit longer than I planned.

Here are some better trich shots from plants. Cheerz :passitleft:

Purple Punch;

Super Silver;

Back
Top Bottom