TriangleCheese Grows Barney's Purple Punch & Dinafem Super Silver

I want to thank you guys all for your company :thanks:

We are finally here for the final flush of the Purple Punch. I flushed the Super Silver 2 days ago and turned the lights off last night. I will harvest this plant tomorrow and share some nice pictures on monday. I will be flushing Purple Punch today and turn the lights off on monday morning. She will be harvested next tuesday or wednesday. I will probably go for tuesday.

I think I've waited enough because the weather is getting too hot around here. That reduced the yield a little bit as well because I wasn't expecting this much heat for the last couple of weeks. Here are the trichomes on the Purple Punch. Seems ready to couchlock me.

Cheers :passitleft:

Dat oil weights 0.55 grams after purge. I also collected 3x0.2g of scissor hash from the Purple Punch. I am f*ck*ng exhausted and I hurt my rib somehow while carrying the ten gal. pot :rip:

Looks like I got a big yield guys :laugh: I was expecting less to be honest. I feel happy now and currently rolling this half gram oil into a single joint with tobacco and some dried Purple Punch nugs.

Keep tuned for the grow data folks. I was thinking about revegging this Purple Punch since it was already trained great but I have some work in my apartment and I need to tidy everything before the service people come here. We will dry, scale and cure these buds. Purple Punch has amazing genetics and definately a keeper for me.

Cheers :passitleft:

Oil and scissor hash;

Purple Punch harvest session;

Super Silver drying on top shelf;

Congratulations on a Load of weed! Nice work!

Thanks a lot and I wish you a better one :passitleft:

That grow was a lot of fun because I am really impressed with the smell and taste so far. Granddady Purp x Larry OG is a cross between two of my wishlist strains and it sure produces a suitable high for me.

Let me share some facts. Humidity was around %40 and when I hang PP buds they incresed the RH to %50 and I will stack buds if it goes down below %40. These buds are big so it will take some time even in these RH levels. I think humidity will increase because these are not regular values here. I can achieve a slower drying then. Nugs usually never go crispy even outside of jars so I am trying to air cure them as long as possible.

Here are some more images. Peace :passitleft:

I want to share some pictures of the oil came from the Purple Punch. I harvested this plant without gloves and dunked my hand into cold ethanol when the procecess finished just like I did on Super Silver. Nothing sticky left on my fingers, palm or elbows and the color of ethanol turned to amber. I poured this ethanol in cooking paper and waited for it to evaporate.

I am left with 0.97g of fine quality oil in the end. I literally had zero waste on this harvest. I will make more of this oil but I will first collect the pollen with dry ice, then mix these with alcohol and winterize. Very clean and efficient method on your harvests. I am very glad to have this piece of oil instead of wasting the stuff on my hands.

Here it is. Happy dabbing folks :roorrip:

Congrats on the harvests TC. I can really see the similarities between mine and yours. She only needed a week in the jar and the flavour after that was incredible. It is really sleepy as well and I found myself not being able to make it to the end of any movie I watched lol.

What's the Haze like?
:passitleft:

Congrats on the harvests TC. I can really see the similarities between mine and yours. She only needed a week in the jar and the flavour after that was incredible. It is really sleepy as well and I found myself not being able to make it to the end of any movie I watched lol.

What's the Haze like?
:passitleft:

Thanks a lot:passitleft:I totally feel you Prof. I am not able to finish movies either these days :bongrip: Its a good thing for me to use my nugs as sleep medication though.

I am planning to remove big stems tomorrow and dry them for another two days. After that I will call the guy to fix something in the grow room so I need to remove everything there for a day. After that I will continue drying the nugs until the branches go crispy. I will start curing in the jars after that because drying takes forever in where I live. I think slow drying improves taste.

Super Silver also turned out terrific. It has a very sharp lime zest smell and fruity taste. It has a remarkable high and I think lots of people would find this one super high. I collected these seeds from the nugs that I bought from a friend. He has access to the grow area and told me that there were no male plants present and these seeds I find were feminized. Since I enjoyed these nugs very much I decided to plant this one. Very nice head buzz and totally sativa dominant. I don't always like the sativa buzz and energy. It produces anxiety when I consume too much. Purple Punch is more like my type. I will keep the best buds of the silver and give the rest of them to some friends. I will keep the whole Purple Punch stash to myself :blunt: That strain is definately a keeper for me. Very calming and sedative. I'll make a mother out of my last seed and definately get more beans asap. I will also look for other GDP and Larry OG crosses.

I will share the dry weight in a few days. I think I got around 140 grams of dried and trimmed silver buds. I am expecting the PP to yield between 250-300 grams.

Cheers :bongrip:

I am back with the dried yield since I've removed all of these big and small branches from the nugs. These are almost completely dried and crispy on the outside.

Super Silver yielded around 160 grams under 260W of power. Thats like 0.61g per watt so I consider this one an okay one in terms of yield.

Purple Punch yielded around 320 grams under 420W of power. Thats 0.76 grams per wat and I consider that one to be a good yield.

Quality of both plants is very satisfying but this much difference in g/W might make one think. Let me relist some facts here. PP had a pot two times bigger than Super Silver had but Silver had a better veg. and she was larger than the PP until late veg. Lights and training were both better on the Purple Punch. Stress levels of the Super Silver was definately lower. I think lights and the pot size are the two major factors causing the difference between yields of these two plants.

Quantum boards really work great because Viparspectra R300's are offering a better spectrum but they can't just outperform QB's. I am not saying that Vipar R300's are bad and actually I find these lights great for their price. R300 model can also be used as red booster and definately nice to have around. Colored lights always produce less light. They are better for boosting.

Total dry yield is around 480 grams and I think that is more than okay for me. There is a slight error on the dry weight but it won't be more than %5 and I am not counting the trim extraction goods and some nugs I've been smoking for almost a week. Definately over 450 grams so overal efficiency for this grow is 0.66 grams per watt and that sets the bar for my next grow.

For the ones that enjoyed this journal, you can also visit my current one featuring the Blue Gelato 41 and Pink Kush from Barney's Farm. This journal is also explaining how I properly train my plants and why these methods are working for me the best. I am calling my training method "Skylining" and I recommend that technique to growers who don't have a mother room and has limited seeds and growing space. If you need to get the most yield out of your seeds, you might want to check it out. If you are cloning from a mother or doing SOG with lot of seeds than you will be allright :blunt:

Another news is, I've been working on building my own LED's and yesterday I've finally managed to finish building the first unit. I am thinking commercial but I will keep things local for a while. I am planning to sponsor 420Mag in the future if this business attempt succeeds. I just want you guys to be able to see the whole story so I will be demonstrating these puppies in the "Skylining" journal as well as many others to come.

I already have the results of the 3000 K boards on this PP grow and I will be comparing it to the new full spectrum model that I've built. I will also compare both of these results to a red boosted version of the full spectrum base model and decide which is the most feasible model. I will be measuring with an Apogee meter and draw a PPFD map for 2x2 and 3x3 footprints.

Here is a sneak peak for you guys. Cheers :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom