Trianglecheese makes tasty dabs: Join me with your interesting extracts

TriangleCheese

Greetings fellow growers,

I love the feeling when I hit something really hard and tasty like a fine extract. I love smoking nugs but extracts have always been my first choice. I had Blue Gelato 41 and Pink Kush on my last grow and both strains turned out pretty amazing. My Pink Kush plant though is the best I've came across in last four years, in terms of nug quality. I'm feeling lucky about that because I have a PK bonsai mother and cloning her for my next batch. Anyways, PK nugs are really amazing and I am almost having extract level pleasure with these nugs. But I never say enough and since I'll be growing a hell lot of PK clones in the future, I decided to blast half of the entire PK yield with butane. I used 70 grams of material and collected 29.4 grams of return. The big batch is in a dark vac. extract container but I have some nice pictures from the test run.

Pink Kush butane blast test run results;

I had two types of extracts from a single test run. I am evaporating butane with low heat and don't have a vac. chamber and pump. Sometimes a seperation like this happens on the evaporating phase of the extraction. If you need total control on what you are doing, you'll be needing vac. gear.

My smoke review on these Pink Kush extracts will be both 420/10 :jawdropper: They have the most intense taste I've ever had from a cannabis product. Rolled a very fat spliff with half gram honeywax boost and it blew my mind pretty fast and hard. I am a non-stop smoker for almost 10 years and have a huge tolerance btw. Extracts are making it possible for me to still feel that old mindfuck type of buzz no matter what tolerance I have :)

Something I would like to note is that the smell of these products fill the whole room like a Danish blue cheese. My other extracts are doing the same thing but Pink Kush stuff just stinks. Smells kinda like a sugary fermented product.

And lets check some butane extracts with fresh cut Blue Gelato 41 nugs. These are also amazing and clear. All of the extracts had a very clear smoke and didn't cause much cough at all. I might say silky smooth for these BG41 products.

I tried to make diamonds and sauce as well but my jars didn't work. I'll get you guys some nice diamonds and sauce after harvesting my next grow with four quadlined Pink Kush clones. I am also waiting for 10 more clones to root and I will flip the succesful ones with the big clones fast. You'll be seeing here more from Pink Kush and hopefully some Purple Punch on my next batch.

I am not running BG41 anymore but Barney's Farm was kind enough to sponsor me with some of their finest genetics recently. You'll be seeing me grow, breed and dab these strains in 2021 guys. They sent the whole package to my friend in NL and I hope I can get my hands on these fine genetics soon. I am also expecting some gifts from fellow mastergrowers here but I am focused on Barney's lineup. Check them out;

Cheers :passitleft:

popcorn.gif

not too sure how well the brass will respond to chatter about butane etc:rip:

perty sure i recall that a nono,,

karma sent friend

sure, sry,, the staff, least i think so,, used to be,,

they did not want folks chatting about butane extraction because of the danger posed by used the harsh chemicals
is all

perhaps, no worries at all

peace and karma sent friend

sure, sry,, the staff, least i think so,, used to be,,

they did not want folks chatting about butane extraction because of the danger posed by used the harsh chemicals
is all

perhaps, no worries at all

peace and karma sent friend

I'm making clean stuff but you are right not every extraction is safe or clean. I won't be teaching or promoting techniques here but share some dabs that I make with my nugs. I usually share them elsewhere but I will be blasting butane for a while and thought this was the appropriate place. I guess we'll see where this goes :passitleft:

Triangle cheese, You are speaking my language. I have a high tolerance and I love a good extract. Like you, I love my nugs, but if I can get my hands on accessible quality extracts, I think I’d prefer that. Pink Kush is my favourite strain. I have never grown it. I’m a new grower and only have 1 harvest under my belt. I just got some Barney’s Farm - Gorilla Zkittles I’m growing 2 of them hydro in hope of turning into extracts. In the meantime by bro gave me some outdoor home grown weed to try to make some extracts with.
How do I get your info on removing the butane without the vac gear? You know, not to influence anyone or anything..

Triangle cheese, You are speaking my language. I have a high tolerance and I love a good extract. Like you, I love my nugs, but if I can get my hands on accessible quality extracts, I think I’d prefer that. Pink Kush is my favourite strain. I have never grown it. I’m a new grower and only have 1 harvest under my belt. I just got some Barney’s Farm - Gorilla Zkittles I’m growing 2 of them hydro in hope of turning into extracts. In the meantime by bro gave me some outdoor home grown weed to try to make some extracts with.
How do I get your info on removing the butane without the vac gear? You know, not to influence anyone or anything..

Hi PS :passitleft: I've also grown Gorilla Zkittlez from Barney's and it is also pretty good but Pink Kush is real deal fire. About the butane, I let it sit for a very long time. I don't like any solvent in my extract and vacuum gear is just too noisy. I don't want to get in trouble with my neighbors so I have to be patient. If you got a Wi-Fi router or a modem surface should get around 55-60 degrees. If you place a thin magazine between modem and the extract, it would reduce the heat to 30-35 degrees which is kinda great to evaporate solvents from an extract. I let it sit for 2-3 weeks and I don't think any nasty stuff remains present in my final product.

I think you should also look into winterization.

Is winterization when you freeze everything for 24hrs first? I have everything in my freezer and cranked for a week now. Just waiting for my confidence to come in and I’m good to go. I was going to use iso 99% because it seems the easiest for me as a first attempt. However I’m considering the Honey Bee Extracter because it’s a cheap set up. My only concerns for either solvent was getting the most solvent out as possible the safest with out the vac equipment. I’d like to think I will purchase one if there is a desire to continue making my own concentrates.

Is winterization when you freeze everything for 24hrs first? I have everything in my freezer and cranked for a week now. Just waiting for my confidence to come in and I’m good to go. I was going to use iso 99% because it seems the easiest for me as a first attempt. However I’m considering the Honey Bee Extracter because it’s a cheap set up. My only concerns for either solvent was getting the most solvent out as possible the safest with out the vac equipment. I’d like to think I will purchase one if there is a desire to continue making my own concentrates.

I follow a different winterization procedure. I let all the butane evaporate first but leave the tincture in a dense liquid form. I can say %95 of the butane should easily be evaporated at that point. After that I dump some very cold ethanol into the crude oil. I put this crude oil and ethanol mix inside the freezer and max. the settings. Leave it there for 48 and it is good to go. Just remember to pre-soak a coffee filter with some ethanol before you filter this winterized mixture. You need to leave the bottom part of the mixture inside the jar because this is where the nasty stuff gets winterized and locate.

I don't recommend using isopropyl alcohol in no condition. Butane is not safe but it is an amazing solvent. If you are aware of the whole process then you can blast some butane outdoors but there are ways to get solventless extracts. I think I'll be going down that path too. Safe and as clean as can be. However, it is possible to produce top shelf quality extracts with butane and ethanol combined but as you say, a vac. gear would be essential at that point. I don't think these are too cheap either. You can just go and buy some cheaper Nugsmasher alternative and enjoy safe and pure extracts each time.

I'll build my own heat press so I'll be blasting butane for a little more while. Here is what I'm smoking these days. Some amazing hash made with the dry ice sift of the Pink Kush. Cooked only with hand warmth and press. Since it was so sticky I didn't need much time to properly extract the oils. I can't imagine how this strain would yield inside a heat press. Peace folks :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom