I get confused under HPS light. I can clearly see some tips turning amber. Some trichs look like amber but I can't decide because it is hard for me to stabilize the camera. Pictures are not so clear as you can see :) I think 3-4 more days won't hurt.
ive got a breeder 9 week at 14 weeks right now. some sites just starting to show amber

Some bad side effects get involved in my experience. I observed couchlock effect and felt real hungry in my previous grows when I used to wait too much for harvest. Also some people say that potency decreases as we let lots of trichomes turn amber. I am not sure if this is a fact though I enjoy my nugs more with mostly milky trichomes.
yes the amber is when the THCA starts to become CBN i believe. The CBN is known for the things you describe. I think anyways. Soo many cannabinoids with such drastic effect. love this plant

I strongly suggest getting a cheap USB microscope. If using Android (maybe IOS too?), using an app called Mscopes, I can plug the USB cope into my phone. The scope has a ring of white LEDs around the lens and you can zoom in and out really easily while displaying to your phone. If need be, you can turn off the lights for a minute or two to get good visuals.

As too choosing a harvest window, first figure how long you want to flush for, then the minimum profile you'll accept to begin that flush. My preferred time to start a week to 10 day flush is when most trics are cloudy with singular amber heads. If I see one amber tric in every 3 or so inspection sites, I'm starting flush. Sometimes this is slightly before the breeder's suggested finish time, but not always. Of course other needs dictate when, such as cash cropping and the need for end$. I also try to stay away from Sativa dom strains, but if my girls foxtail on me, I expect finding a good window to be more difficult due to the new growth with newer trics. I favor the original materials in that situation. I try my level best to give my girls the most ideal everything that's within my ability in hopes of preventing foxtails, but if I get them anyways, they don't really influence my timing even though I should.

In the end, I don't think it is that critical.

I have a small macro lens that’s I just got and it has hands down Improved my photo quality. Try to take your plant out and place her in natural light or under a white bulb. This will show you the colours better. Here are a few closeups that I got with my new macro lens. Crystal clear and I’m very pleased with it! If you want to know more about it let me know.

Hope you don’t mind the few photos!

I strongly suggest getting a cheap USB microscope. If using Android (maybe IOS too?), using an app called Mscopes, I can plug the USB cope into my phone. The scope has a ring of white LEDs around the lens and you can zoom in and out really easily while displaying to your phone. If need be, you can turn off the lights for a minute or two to get good visuals.

As too choosing a harvest window, first figure how long you want to flush for, then the minimum profile you'll accept to begin that flush. My preferred time to start a week to 10 day flush is when most trics are cloudy with singular amber heads. If I see one amber tric in every 3 or so inspection sites, I'm starting flush. Sometimes this is slightly before the breeder's suggested finish time, but not always. Of course other needs dictate when, such as cash cropping and the need for end$. I also try to stay away from Sativa dom strains, but if my girls foxtail on me, I expect finding a good window to be more difficult due to the new growth with newer trics. I favor the original materials in that situation. I try my level best to give my girls the most ideal everything that's within my ability in hopes of preventing foxtails, but if I get them anyways, they don't really influence my timing even though I should.

In the end, I don't think it is that critical.

Thanks for the tip mate really appriciated :passitleft:

Btw these babies won't be needing flush since I mini flush them practically every week. I like indica buzz for sure but until this grow I had mostly sativa seeds and share your thoughts about them.

I have a small macro lens that’s I just got and it has hands down Improved my photo quality. Try to take your plant out and place her in natural light or under a white bulb. This will show you the colours better. Here are a few closeups that I got with my new macro lens. Crystal clear and I’m very pleased with it! If you want to know more about it let me know.

Hope you don’t mind the few photos!

Real nice images there bro :passitleft:

I can't move these plants because of the SCROG but I can get some white bulbs there for taking pictures. I don't think anybody should check trichomes under purple light :ganjamon:

Btw I think 2x Vipar's are clearly outperforming the 250W HPS. Consumption is nearly the same.

Real nice images there bro :passitleft:

I can't move these plants because of the SCROG but I can get some white bulbs there for taking pictures. I don't think anybody should check trichomes under purple light :ganjamon:

Btw I think 2x Vipar's are clearly outperforming the 250W HPS. Consumption is nearly the same.

They are vipar 450w? And totally agree bkurple pictures of any kind are hard on the eyes and difficult to see any issues

I got very few ambers now. I still can't take good pictures so you guys have to trust me on this one :passitleft:

I flushed the plants today, using AN Flawless Finish. I will turn the lights off in three days. That means we will harvest these babies in five days with a short final flush. Manufacturer is promoting the Flawless Finish for a better final flush. They claim that it helps plants to use leftovers even in flowers while flushing, so it would reduce some negative effects of flushing like nutrient deficiencies and resin production for that time period.

I will be back on the harvest day. I wish this was a pleasent ride for everyone. I will keep posting on post-harvest period. I will share how I dry and cure my nugs as well as some results from this grow like a nice smoke report and yield amount.

Back
Top Bottom