It was a fun ride for sure TC! I can't wait to see what your reward is. I have 2 PCs in late bloom that I will start in about 2 weeks. Man these plants are both short and stupid wide. I'll probably drop the Triple Cheese and just run the Pineapples for a while. Everywhere I look, there's rave reviews about the taste and high. The Cheese is good, but I'm looking for better, plus more weight if possible, lol.

To flush or not to flush is a highly contested debate. I personally like to. Maybe it's not as needed in soil, but I strongly believe it's needed in hydro.

Oh boy! I'm in time. I have to sat the PC is my all time favorite taste to date. I can't keep my hand out of the jar!

We are finally there. I just bought some weed from a good dealer. I don't know which strain it is but it is super high. Thanks to him I can dry my PC's longer and slower. I am planning to dry them gradually in 10 days. I have very high hopes about the taste :passitleft:

It was a fun ride for sure TC! I can't wait to see what your reward is. I have 2 PCs in late bloom that I will start in about 2 weeks. Man these plants are both short and stupid wide. I'll probably drop the Triple Cheese and just run the Pineapples for a while. Everywhere I look, there's rave reviews about the taste and high. The Cheese is good, but I'm looking for better, plus more weight if possible, lol.

To flush or not to flush is a highly contested debate. I personally like to. Maybe it's not as needed in soil, but I strongly believe it's needed in hydro.

Anytime mate :passitleft:

I will also keep running PC's for a while. I have just started growing Blue Chees by Dinafem. I really suggest this strain too because it has high THC content and plants yield a lot. I don't have much information about Triple Cheese though. I will go PC and BC for the next cycle.

I always flushed my plants both between feedings and in the end. I agree that keeping things in control through the grow should be enough. No further flush will have a dramatic effect. For this grow, final flush is planned to take 5 days since I already flushed them regularly between feedings. I am using Flawless Finish by AN and this is the main reason for me to do a final flush. I am not totally sure that works as the manufacturer promotes their product but I don't think I lose anything by using that.

We are finally there. I just bought some weed from a good dealer. I don't know which strain it is but it is super high. Thanks to him I can dry my PC's longer and slower. I am planning to dry them gradually in 10 days. I have very high hopes about the taste :passitleft:

Anytime mate :passitleft:

I will also keep running PC's for a while. I have just started growing Blue Chees by Dinafem. I really suggest this strain too because it has high THC content and plants yield a lot. I don't have much information about Triple Cheese though. I will go PC and BC for the next cycle.

I always flushed my plants both between feedings and in the end. I agree that keeping things in control through the grow should be enough. No further flush will have a dramatic effect. For this grow, final flush is planned to take 5 days since I already flushed them regularly between feedings. I am using Flawless Finish by AN and this is the main reason for me to do a final flush. I am not totally sure that works as the manufacturer promotes their product but I don't think I lose anything by using that.
I've smoked ounces of it now and I still can not describe the taste and you know how I feel about it. You're going to have to bail me out when it gets nice.

I've smoked ounces of it now and I still can not describe the taste and you know how I feel about it. You're going to have to bail me out when it gets nice.

growing Triple Cheese which is the major ingredient in PC and this shit smells and tastes like Boo Berry cereal from the 80s. I pray that when I harvest my PCs that they taste just like that with pineapple notes added. I'm telling you guys, Epsom salts make the smoke taste wonderful!

growing Triple Cheese which is the major ingredient in PC and this shit smells and tastes like Boo Berry cereal from the 80s. I pray that when I harvest my PCs that they taste just like that with pineapple notes added. I'm telling you guys, Epsom salts make the smoke taste wonderful!
Epsom for taste huh? That's heavy on the magnesium, I wonder what makes it do that.

Epsom for taste huh? That's heavy on the magnesium, I wonder what makes it do that.

Sulfur is the active ingredient for odors. I guess because I make my own nutes, I can raise or lower the ppm of each nutrient more so than those that use bottled nutes. But if you look at the ingredients of flavor enhancers, they're all made of various sulfate products, magnesium sulfate usually being the most used. Probably cuz it's dirt cheap.

Sulfur is the active ingredient for odors. I guess because I make my own nutes, I can raise or lower the ppm of each nutrient more so than those that use bottled nutes. But if you look at the ingredients of flavor enhancers, they're all made of various sulfate products, magnesium sulfate usually being the most used. Probably cuz it's dirt cheap.
So do you add it late in flower? The whole flower period?

So do you add it late in flower? The whole flower period?

I use sulfur since early veg and have witnessed symptoms of sulfur deficiency (red/purple streaks on stems/stalk) recently so clearly I wasn't adding enough and have since raised the level some. GH for instance, uses sulfur at about 50ppm~ and raises it up to 60 for finish. This is the 3 part, and all supplements for that line of nutes. Flora Nectar is the supplement that adds more sulfur to the 3part's baseline of sulfur.

When mixing your own nutes, you buy all the salts for a fraction of the cost of a brand, then you can mix right to water by weights, or you can make concentrates which is what I prefer. Then the user has total control of all the levels of each element right down the line till you get to the trace elements (those below 1 PPM). That's when I find myself boxed in, but I'm working my way out of that box. That small concern aside though, I have full control how much N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S, Si, Fe and Mn to a certain degree. Zn, B, Cu and Mo I have little to no control over, but those 4 are always less than 1 ppm. That aside, I can throttle P and K during mid bloom while walking down the N so not to have toxic situations at my harvest. My weeks never get above 750ppm on the meter so flushing doesn't need to be as long, if at all. I choose to flush, but it's debatable if that's even needed.

Edit - If you learn to use Hydro Buddy, you can work the same magic with nute brands too just by inputting the percentages you find on the bottles into the app, then when you target each element how you see fit, the app will compute your whole line and output how much you need of each to accomplish your targets. This way, you can factually augment the line you're currently using, and since Hydro Buddy is free, I think it's a no brainer.

Edit2 - Except Advanced Nutes. Those fuckers hide their Analysis so users can't copy their recipe.

When mixing your own nutes, you buy all the salts for a fraction of the cost of a brand, then you can mix right to water by weights, or you can make concentrates which is what I prefer. Then the user has total control of all the levels of each element right down the line till you get to the trace elements (those below 1 PPM). That's when I find myself boxed in, but I'm working my way out of that box. That small concern aside though, I have full control how much N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S, Si, Fe and Mn to a certain degree. Zn, B, Cu and Mo I have little to no control over, but those 4 are always less than 1 ppm. That aside, I can throttle P and K during mid bloom while walking down the N so not to have toxic situations at my harvest. My weeks never get above 750ppm on the meter so flushing doesn't need to be as long, if at all. I choose to flush, but it's debatable if that's even needed.

Edit - If you learn to use Hydro Buddy, you can work the same magic with nute brands too just by inputting the percentages you find on the bottles into the app, then when you target each element how you see fit, the app will compute your whole line and output how much you need of each to accomplish your targets. This way, you can factually augment the line you're currently using, and since Hydro Buddy is free, I think it's a no brainer.

Edit2 - Except Advanced Nutes. Those fuckers hide their Analysis so users can't copy their recipe.

Flushing is a way to fix problems. If you don't have any problems at all, then you may not feel the need to flush.

Gorgeous frosty colorful plant @TriangleCheese! I'm drying my plants at a lower humidity level around 45-50% humidity. It seems to work out for me. Hope to see a smoke report soon. I've loved the Barney's Farm strains I've grown. About to pop another liberty haze seed soon as well!

Thanks mate :passitleft:

As far as I know the slower your buds dry, the more taste you get out of them. I try to dry them for 2-3 weeks very slowly. Then I place them into jars. I will definately write a detailed smoke report about PC. My friend also grown this strain and his nugs were also real cool.

Barney kicks ass so far. I don't recommend Peyote Cookies though. My favourites from Barney's are Liberty Haze and Pineapple Chunk. As you know I lost 2 seeds in my other grow and feeling very upset about that. I will definately get some more LH beans in following months.

Back
Top Bottom