We don't get top shelf here. My friend has a dealer and he is mostly selling some good strains but I don't want to contact him directly on my phone. So I can't buy from him frequently and when I buy, I buy a fair amount. Gram price of that kind of bud is like 25USD. Last one was NYC Diesel. He has some Jack and Widow phenos and said that he will expand his menu :) His product usually not exactly my type but has generally OK taste and OK high. He is the best dealer in this city and I have never managed to find a better bud than this. Ironically, having the best bud in town, he sells it for the cheapest price as well. Still, even my bad grows taste and kick in better while lasting longer.

I am back with this mini-tutorial on supercropping since I promised doing so yesterday. I don't have enough time to crop all of the branches but I did supercrop 2 thin and 1 thick branch for you guys. I am supposed to be working instead of doing this :laugh:

A few words first. Supercropping is a process that the grower should be very very patient in order to do it properly. I uploaded a video that reveals how I am bending these branches but you should also be very very patient when waiting for the video to buffer :rofl: I just found this website random on Google and it is doing the job.

Main idea is to damage the branch like pinching it. Consider two pieces of metal wire. If you apply pressure and squeeze the branch strongly between them, branch will lose its rigidity and bend its top downwards. It won't break but it will get squashed on a small area. I am practically doing a similar thing but I am using my hands. I have never tried the wire stuff but who knows maybe it would work too. Keep in mind that all of the supercropping attempts performed today should work in my opinion. I could have bent them more but that would do the job for me.

Since I broke a branch yesterday, I decided to go with two similar weak branches first. Since I watered the plants yesterday, supercropping became much more easier. Here is how they look after supercropping;

After doing that, I decided to supercrop the second tallest branch for you guys. I will cover every branch if I have time. Won't be sharing any more detailed pics but I will leave some branches non-supercropped for us to compare the bud size in the end. Here is how the tall branch looks like after supercropping;

And here is the video revealing how I bend these branches with a gentle and repetative move using my thumb, index and middle fingers;

Sorry for the ugly looking link but I guess I can't directly post a video here unless it is on Youtube.

I will be back with some recovered photos in a couple of days. I hope that would help you out.

Peace :roorrip:

I am back with this mini-tutorial on supercropping since I promised doing so yesterday. I don't have enough time to crop all of the branches but I did supercrop 2 thin and 1 thick branch for you guys. I am supposed to be working instead of doing this :laugh:

A few words first. Supercropping is a process that the grower should be very very patient in order to do it properly. I uploaded a video that reveals how I am bending these branches but you should also be very very patient when waiting for the video to buffer :rofl: I just found this website random on Google and it is doing the job.

Main idea is to damage the branch like pinching it. Consider two pieces of metal wire. If you apply pressure and squeeze the branch strongly between them, branch will lose its rigidity and bend its top downwards. It won't break but it will get squashed on a small area. I am practically doing a similar thing but I am using my hands. I have never tried the wire stuff but who knows maybe it would work too. Keep in mind that all of the supercropping attempts performed today should work in my opinion. I could have bent them more but that would do the job for me.

Since I broke a branch yesterday, I decided to go with two similar weak branches first. Since I watered the plants yesterday, supercropping became much more easier. Here is how they look after supercropping;

After doing that, I decided to supercrop the second tallest branch for you guys. I will cover every branch if I have time. Won't be sharing any more detailed pics but I will leave some branches non-supercropped for us to compare the bud size in the end. Here is how the tall branch looks like after supercropping;

And here is the video revealing how I bend these branches with a gentle and repetative move using my thumb, index and middle fingers;

Sorry for the ugly looking link but I guess I can't directly post a video here unless it is on Youtube.

I will be back with some recovered photos in a couple of days. I hope that would help you out.

Thank you for the tutorial TriangleCheese!! Very informative. I appreciate the time you took and the fact you mentioned supercropping to me at all and introduced the whole concept to me. :thumb:

We don't get top shelf here. My friend has a dealer and he is mostly selling some good strains but I don't want to contact him directly on my phone. So I can't buy from him frequently and when I buy, I buy a fair amount. Gram price of that kind of bud is like 25USD. Last one was NYC Diesel. He has some Jack and Widow phenos and said that he will expand his menu :) His product usually not exactly my type but has generally OK taste and OK high. He is the best dealer in this city and I have never managed to find a better bud than this. Ironically, having the best bud in town, he sells it for the cheapest price as well. Still, even my bad grows taste and kick in better while lasting longer.
And that's why I like living under a rock. Especially now I can grow!

Awesome tutorial TC thanks.

Back
Top Bottom