I just ordered a new drinking water and guess what? It has only 16 PPM and that one will be my choice from now on. I used 0.7 ml/l more from GO Thrive Bloom and 1 ml/l more from BioBud and used the same formula with the 820 PPM solution. PPM is now 730 with these boosts. I was looking for a proper way to lower PPM but I was real happy with the bud growth. This water made heavy feeding possible for some more waterings.

Trichomes are mostly milky but still, there are some clear ones present. No amber yet so I guess we will keep going. I think purple is coming and when it comes it might tell me that these babies are totally ripened because they are changing color very slow and beatifully. It's almost like they have this mission to go purple. I hope buds will change color too. Would really love to have some jars filled with purple PC buds :passitleft:

Here is live from the tent. Peace :smokin:

When using organics, is EC all that important? I know from mixing my own salts for my DIY synthetic nutes that the elements are soluble and immediately available, but in my research I also learned that in organics, much of the elemental composition is not yet broken down into ionic form, and requires the use of microbial bacteria to achieve that, which then leads me to think that a generally hot organic mix would be less impactful on the plant, whereas a hot synthetic mix would impact the plant immediately.

Yeah that is usually a fact for me as well but Barney's is precise on harvest time for me so far. I won't consider the data sheet as a fact because I agree that conditions matter the most. I would turn the lights off when they have %90 milky and %10 amber. I will let them stay in dark for 48 hours and then harvest.

Here is a better pic. of trichomes;

Now I am measuring the ppm levels. The tap water has 175 ppm and it is not changing after two days of rest. Drinking water has 65 ppm and I think I will use this water for the following two weeks for heavy feeding. The filter I bought is filtering tap water ppm to 150. I haven't tried filtering the drinking water yet but 150ppm should do it for me.

What filter are you using to get ppm down?

When using organics, is EC all that important? I know from mixing my own salts for my DIY synthetic nutes that the elements are soluble and immediately available, but in my research I also learned that in organics, much of the elemental composition is not yet broken down into ionic form, and requires the use of microbial bacteria to achieve that, which then leads me to think that a generally hot organic mix would be less impactful on the plant, whereas a hot synthetic mix would impact the plant immediately.

I believe EC matters in every setup. For organics, I can say that I am measuring EC and using water with the lowest PPM. In late flowering feeding is very very critical and these two or three weeks are not like any other. I am trying to get rid of some PPM by filtering tap water or trying to find a better water source. Tap water has crazy shit in it because this building I am living in is really old. I can smell the minerals when I brush my teeth every night. That smell is mostly rust or metal. I tested some brands of water to decide which one has the lowest PPM and the current winner has only 16 PPM as I said.

That change in water source dropped the PPM by almost 150 and made room for some extra bloom products. I wasn't already using the suggested ratios from the manufacturers but still getting a higher PPM than they advise. I have been using almost the full ratio for heavy feeding and the solution was 150 PPM higher than it should be. Now by replacing the water source, I am using the full ratio within the proper PPM range, suggested by General Organics. I will customize this PPM chart but I am just experimenting for now. I will get my own chart in my next grow because I spent time understanding how PPM affects the growth. I don't think I will go crazy about PPM in veg. or early flowering though.

About the solubility of the products, I feel very safe using organics. I observed no deficiencies or problems throughout this grow or I have been easily fixing them. Slow release of nutrients or other stuff is a cool thing I believe. When I use a "synthetic or non-organic" line, I tend to observe several deficiencies or problems. Organics will definately lead your plants to yield less(at least compared to a very heavy nute line like AN Grandmasters) but I think the quality and the taste coming from these "non-organic lines" is nowhere near.

I am saying that after trying some early cuts and smoking them just dried but not cured enough. In my earlier grows, only Canna products gave me the buds that were almost as delicious as these early cuts. I have done lots of grows using AN Connoisseur Grandmaster line and only the Exodus Cheese Auto grow tasted like crazy. That is like below %10 success.

Can't wait to start on a new grow of PC's. I can't afford to run out of PC buds anymore :passitleft:
I have one more bean and still havnt forgotten it. It has a chance for being a keeper. I can only flower 2 and just a few smaller non flowering so I’m holding out picking one :)

Hard to say. The pics look clear mostly to me. What do see? Have you decided where in the clear to milky to amber do you think you might like it?

Yeah mostly clear it seems. I personally think that the more amber means the less strain characteristic high. I will turn the lights off when I see %15-20 amber. I like some clear trichomes in the end product but I collect them when they are mostly milky. I think I am 2 weeks apart from the sweet spot. Leaves are turning purple and I think when they ripen, buds will go purple too. I need these buds fatter and they are likely to reach a fair size in two weeks :cool: I tested the taste and have no doubt about that anymore. I am focused on the bud bulking recently, hence the PPM measurements of different water sources and some filtering.

Yeah mostly clear it seems. I personally think that the more amber means the less strain characteristic high. I will turn the lights off when I see %15-20 amber. I like some clear trichomes in the end product but I collect them when they are mostly milky. I think I am 2 weeks apart from the sweet spot. Leaves are turning purple and I think when they ripen, buds will go purple too. I need these buds fatter and they are likely to reach a fair size in two weeks :cool: I tested the taste and have no doubt about that anymore. I am focused on the bud bulking recently, hence the PPM measurements of different water sources and some filtering.
I've harvested when trichs are like that and enjoy it that way. My PC was outdoors and went milky and I had to harvest it. I don't think I saw many amber if any, and it's fine as is. No couch lock to speak of.

I also favor all milky/cloudy trics and start my flush the first sighting of amber trics, that is assuming most all others are cloudy. I think clear is still too green, but if the lot of them are cloudy, then I'll flush the week and chop. My feed is already high P and high K, so they're fattening up all throughout bloom, and I pre flush with a high K solution to pack on the rest of the weight, so all of the growth concerns have been addressed, it's just a matter of the trics and in some cases the pistils too.

I just harvested today and my trics looked identical. Mostly cloudy, a few clears and ambers spotted singularly. I knew I took mine too soon, but I needed the harvest so I made an executive decision, lol.

It looks like you found the borderline of ppm. You leaf tips are fairly burnt, so next grow I suggest staying in that 500-600 range. My tips just started to turn yellow and my ppm topped out at 730, but I'm in rockwool.

Back
Top Bottom