TriangleCheese

Gretings 420 community;

I am glad to say that I have switched to organics for my next grow. I decided to do that simply because I don't need oversized yields anymore. I am looking for the best taste with the possible maximum potency. I decided to grow one of my favourite strains, which is Pineapple Chunk, to enjoy its taste boosted with organic nutrients for this time. Below you can find the details about this grow ranging from the strategy to the technical equipment used;

Grow Equipment and Seeds;

- 60x60cms grow tent.
- General Electric 250W HPS with cooltube and reflector.
- 6 Gal x2 cloth pots. Air transparency for roots.
- 360 m^3/h Silent fan, inlet fan and carbon filter.
- Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk feminised seeds.

Soil and Nutrients;

- Plagron -- Bat Mix soil.
- Biobizz -- Acti Vera(4ml/l), Alga Mic(3ml/l for grow 5ml/l for bloom), Fish Mix(3ml/l for grow 5ml/l for bloom).
- General Organics -- Black Diamond, Bio Bud, Bio Thrive Bloom.
- Advanced Nutrients -- Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Tarantula, Nirvana using 2ml/l for each.

Current Situation and Future Strategy;

Plants are now in 2nd week of grow phase with 18/6 photoperiod. I topped the plants once and removed the first node set. I am watering the plants with plain water and Voodoo Juice twice a week. I am also watering them, using full grow products for 2 times a week. They get fed 4 times a week and they seem happy. One plant have heat deficiency but I solved that problem earlier so the problem is not present in fresher nodes and fan leaves. I am watering the plants away from the stem, to encourage the roots to expand by making them crave for water. Root mass is really impressive so far. I can see some roots coming out of the bottom of the cloth pots. I am using LST technique to spread the main nodes for now but I will try scrogging in 2 weeks. I am also planning to switch into flowering in 2 weeks after a flush. I am using the nutes with a customised ratio because I don't like to overfeed my plants especially in grow phase. In flowering I can be more generous :)

I will try to add as much photos as possible to this journal. This is my first organic grow and I am very excited to see the outcome. I had lots of trouble in my last grow but the air is cooler now and I think I will be able to produce magnificent buds this time.

It will be much appriciated if you guys can all share your thoughts and advices on organics. Thank you all for visiting and I hope we will witness a great organic grow.

My previous grow if you guys want to check ====>> Trianglecheese's Tent Grow Ayahuasca Purple & Peyote Cookies - Barney's Farm

Peace :roorrip:

Here are some recent pictures;

I have installed a fan for air circulation. This improvement regulated the humidity as well as the temperature. Environment has %52 RH and 26-27 degrees celsius when lights are on. I know that these are good values for vegetation state. The temperature will fall under 25 degrees when I switch to 12/12. I also made further LST and will share some more photos tomorrow hopefully.

Any spesific advice on this strain? You know I shared all the info in the first message and I am still in veg. so it is a good time for tips :) For example I wonder how tall they get after I switch to 12/12. Do they reach twice the size or 1.5x ? I can go for a fairly long veg time for bushy structure.
I’d say bout 2 times with lots of training. More without.

Outdoors the plant all the way to right. Tent pics are Pinapple Chunk and thc bomb.

Hey triple ! I’ll sub up and grab one of these comfy seats up front! Recliner yes please!
Haha looks like a good setup excited to see what you can do with organics!

Thank you for coming Dutch bruh :goodjob: I think we will observe great results here because the temperature and the humidity levels are available for a great grow now. I will do some changes today and will mention these below.

I have already checked your grow but thank you for sharing it for one more time here as a guide for me. You really rock mate :passitleft: I have a question for you. How can you flush these SCROG grows? Only thing I don't know about SCROG is that and usually I break the screen when its time to flush my plants for the first time in flowering.

After topping I supercropped the plant and now I have 4 main branches on each one. I think I will pass on the second top because if I top one main branch, I'll have to perform 7 more cuts to have 16 main nodes. Maybe that is the way to go but I have 60x60 cm cabinet and my previous plants were having trouble fitting into the cabinet eventhough I haven't topped them. If I can switch to a 90x90 cm cabinet I am planning to top for the second time.

I got some CO2 from the grow shop today and I will apply foilar spray using the Advnced Nutrients Nirvana. This combo is working greatly for many people including me. I will spray them once a week until I swap to 12/12. In my previous grows, I experienced a yield and taste boost after adding Nirvana to the diet. It will be the first time I'll use it in an organic grow but since its supposed to be fully organic I think I'll be just fine.

Here are some more recent pics ;

Peace out :roorrip:

Can you share the logic behind this? In my case, plants always benefit from flush. But I am researching detailed information about organics now and just found out that you might replace a flush with a plain watering without nutes, after using your nutrient solution for every two times. Do you think these are true?

Cheers

Check this out
There is a link to an article that spoke my language and lays out my thinking.
I choose not to based on organic soil growing and personal opinion. I smoke it all and share often. No one has ever noted whether I flushed or not. I don’t notice anything harsh. I also use molasses through whole grow and don’t feel like I’m smoking sugars. I do harvest in dark cycle. Nute schedule is significantly decreased in last weeks, not none, less. And I cure, for months. Take your pick :Namaste:

Check this out
There is a link to an article that spoke my language and lays out my thinking.
I choose not to based on organic soil growing and personal opinion. I smoke it all and share often. No one has ever noted whether I flushed or not. I don’t notice anything harsh. I also use molasses through whole grow and don’t feel like I’m smoking sugars. I do harvest in dark cycle. Nute schedule is significantly decreased in last weeks, not none, less. And I cure, for months. Take your pick :Namaste:

Thank you for nice link. I think curing shouldn't take less than 3 months. Nothing can improve the taste more for sure. I think I will be fine if I won't flush my plants after reading these. I won't ever experience a situation where there is a lot of nutes stacked in the soil. I am already using my organic nutes in a light schedule. I am not planning to give them more than they can take so I think they will be just fine. I just want to note that, I am watering them with plain water before the feeding day. I don't like to introduce nutrient solution to dry roots. I think that little amount of water is doing more job than a flush when you apply it before nutes as a routine part of your watering procedure. I still have questions about the flush products like flawless finish by Advance Nutrients though. I remember some promotions about this product, which claims that flawless finish helps cleaning the buds from unwanted material.

Here is some update on the grow. I took a picture of my nutrient set as well as the latest state of the so called LST. I will stop LST in a couple of days and start SCROG'ing. I think this much stress is enough for my plants even though they don't seem to care :) I cracked the stem on one plant and included pictures. It seems she doesn't care about the crack at all ! I tied a patch around both stems of the plants, so it won't get broken in the future. I will untie this frequently and let the stem gain some girth. Other plant is doing just fine :goodjob:

Furher into LST;

After some more trimming plants revealed their side branches. I like to trim fan leaves in grow phase. They grow more vigorously after trimming. Stress should affect them in a negative way but I think when you cut fan leaves they become more interested in growing
I disagree. Fan leaves in veg are for photosynthesis. I don’t touch fans in upper canopy till late flowering when most the benefit have been pulled out. There is always going to be controversy though I think :)

I just trimmed the fan leaves that were blocking nice sidebranches actually. Since the plants are already under a lot of stress, I thought I should perform stressful maintenance before I release them back. I won't be trimming or training further for a while because I spread the stems wide enough to cover the surface area. I will decide whether any trimming will be necessary or not, just before flowering. I am also planning to use Alg-a-mic and Acti-vera as foilar spray once a week, preferably on the plain watering days. Another upgrade will be the Exhale CO2 bag. I think it will boost photosynthesis pretty good with some new set of fan leaves :popcorn:

Can you share the logic behind this? In my case, plants always benefit from flush. But I am researching detailed information about organics now and just found out that you might replace a flush with a plain watering without nutes, after using your nutrient solution for every two times. Do you think these are true?

Cheers
Thats what a flush is. Using only water after a couple feedings. 10% for every flush. Using only ph water eod is a key to growing clean bud. Feed heavy(high ppms) n water eod. Learn this trick.

Back
Top Bottom