Yea Brotha, eod(every other day.) Wen u water only. Make sure u get at least a 10% run off. Watering is not for water only. Plants get water in thier food. U water eod to flush out old sugars, carbs or anything sticking around in your medium. Like taking a bath for roots. Keeps build up is all. Try it out. Your plants will thank you. Stay away from soil! Soil causes problems n pests. U cant feed or flush in soil the same. U can drown your plants. Keep it up Brotha...Were all learning! Im 40 and still learning new shit! Gud luck

Yea Brotha, eod(every other day.) Wen u water only. Make sure u get at least a 10% run off. Watering is not for water only. Plants get water in thier food. U water eod to flush out old sugars, carbs or anything sticking around in your medium. Like taking a bath for roots. Keeps build up is all. Try it out. Your plants will thank you. Stay away from soil! Soil causes problems n pests. U cant feed or flush in soil the same. U can drown your plants. Keep it up Brotha...Were all learning! Im 40 and still learning new shit! Gud luck

You are absolutely right. We can't stop learning right? For soil debate, I want to say that my environment is kinda controlled. I had bud mold in the past but that was my fault. I installed vantilation and regulated the humidity levels as well as heat. I think soil is the most convinient media, if you don't have any pests or molds.

About watering every other day, I think I am kinda doing a similar thing. I feed my plants with plain water and the next day I introduce nutrients. I let the soil dry and use plain water for the next watering. That way roots take a bath before they recieve fresh nutrients. Also they get moist before they contact with the nutrients. In the dry period, they recieve oxygen.

I raise the ppm levels in flowering. I tend to obtain like 900-1000. In grow phase, I don't pay much attention to feeding. I prefer spending my limited time on training but it would be great if I could have enough time to control everything.

Thank you for your suggestions bro. Real appreciated :passitleft:

I will add some more pics tomorrow. Hopefully I will add an Exhale CO2 bag to the tent before I flip to flowering. I fed them with a mild solution yesterday. I gave them lots of water with AN Tarantula, Piranha and Biobizz ActiVera. AN goes 2ml/l and Biobizz goes for 4ml/l. I think the bat guano in the soil will be finished in flowering week 1 or 2. I am planning to start on Thrive bloom and Bio Bud on week 2 of flowering. I will add 5 ml/l Fish mix in the transition week. I will also be using root products as well as AlgaMic, ActiVera and Diamond Black. I am already using the transition week recipe minus the root products and Diamond Black for current state. I will keep feeding them with this recipe for one more week and then flip into flowering hopefully.

Plants are growing in a nice pace. I started foilar spray today and I want to share some details with you. Any advice on foilar spray is appriciated because it will be the first time I will try that. If I wasn't using organic material, I wouldn't consider foilar spray but I feel a lot safer now. Still I am using light ratios for the spray mix which is 0.3-0.4 ml/l of Advanced Nutrients Nirvana and 1ml/l of Activera. I am planning to replace the solution each time because I am not quite sure if these two ingredients are compatible with each other. I thought I better apply them when they are just mixed and fresh as possible.

Here are some new pics from earlier today. I applied foilar spray 10 minutes after the lights went on. In 20 minutes all leaves were dried so I am assuming that I applied the spray properly :goodjob:

Peace :420:

Plants are growing in a nice pace. I started foilar spray today and I want to share some details with you. Any advice on foilar spray is appriciated because it will be the first time I will try that. If I wasn't using organic material, I wouldn't consider foilar spray but I feel a lot safer now. Still I am using light ratios for the spray mix which is 0.3-0.4 ml/l of Advanced Nutrients Nirvana and 1ml/l of Activera. I am planning to replace the solution each time because I am not quite sure if these two ingredients are compatible with each other. I thought I better apply them when they are just mixed and fresh as possible.

Here are some new pics from earlier today. I applied foilar spray 10 minutes after the lights went on. In 20 minutes all leaves were dried so I am assuming that I applied the spray properly :goodjob:

Peace :420:

Hey TC your chunky girls are looking sweet. Nice setup too. I enjoyed growing mine.

I will add some more pics tomorrow. Hopefully I will add an Exhale CO2 bag to the tent before I flip to flowering. I fed them with a mild solution yesterday. I gave them lots of water with AN Tarantula, Piranha and Biobizz ActiVera. AN goes 2ml/l and Biobizz goes for 4ml/l. I think the bat guano in the soil will be finished in flowering week 1 or 2. I am planning to start on Thrive bloom and Bio Bud on week 2 of flowering. I will add 5 ml/l Fish mix in the transition week. I will also be using root products as well as AlgaMic, ActiVera and Diamond Black. I am already using the transition week recipe minus the root products and Diamond Black for current state. I will keep feeding them with this recipe for one more week and then flip into flowering hopefully.
Dayum I like the way you get down! Stay with Advanced Nutrients brotha...u cant go wrong! That fuckn C02 bag will make a Huge huge difference! Trust Me! Not just a little, Huge trics, terpenes n fat buds! C02 is the key to flower. But, remember u can feed stronger, stronger light, PPMs higher...push the Fuck outa those Gurlz

Dayum I like the way you get down! Stay with Advanced Nutrients brotha...u cant go wrong! That fuckn C02 bag will make a Huge huge difference! Trust Me! Not just a little, Huge trics, terpenes n fat buds! C02 is the key to flower. But, remember u can feed stronger, stronger light, PPMs higher...push the Fuck outa those Gurlz

I like Advanced Nutrients very much but they don't taste as good as Canna or Biobizz in my experience. For this grow I would like to achieve the possible best taste. I will definately add CO2 and will push a little bit harder on the nutes when I switch to flowering. It is all about roots on vegetation for me. This is why I don't feed them hard on veg. If roots gain enough mass, plant will grow enough on first 2 weeks of flowering.

I also did some research on foliar spraying. I am planning to spray plants once a week using Biobizz Algamic, Activera and Advanced Nutrients Nirvana, using %50 of the suggested ratio. I will spray from the top and bottom until leaves get all wet. I will apply the spray 15 minutes before the lights turn on. I got some minor leaf burns when I sprayed with the lights on so I thought it would be better if I stay safe. I will also turn the fans off and let the spray go into leaves smoother in a longer time. Another improvement will be the epsom salt for organic cal-mag treatment.

I will share some pics in 2 days. Still waiting for the flip. Veg is taking too long :)

Well I am hooked on journals these days and that makes me post pictures more often to mine. I switched to my old DIY LED's, after rewiring it yesterday, for the rest of the veg. phase. I will double these LED's for flowering or I will just swap back to HPS. Temperature dropped to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. That is a more suitable temp. for the plant and roots to grow. LED's are closer to the plants than HPS so I think maybe they provide a similar amount of light from that distance. I will test it and if I think they are strong enough, I will build a second module. LED's are 2x 50W Yellow and 2x 50 W Royal Blue from Cree.

Here are some pics with the blue view. Peace :bongrip:

Well, I don't think these LED's match the power of HPS:rip: So I went back to the old lights. I will use these LED's for a DIY autoflower room in the near future. I watered them with plain water today and I am planning to go a little bit harder on nutrients to increase the growth. I want to flip the lights but plants are still very stacky and short. So many sidebranches are contesting the main nodes. I think I won't top the plant for one more time and let these sidebranches grow thick like main branches. The cracked area on one plant is healed. I included some photos of main stem to provide more information about the crack.

Here are some pics live from the tent :cough:

Hey fellas :cough:

I can't go further on LST because sidebranches are also stretching now. I thought it would be more convinient if I just start SCROGing. I am planning to flip 12/12 next week. I also sprouted some seeds and I will grow them inside the cabinet for a week and then flip these into flowering as well. I am planning to grow these small plants near window. I will experiment on coco using these small plants in small pots. I am planning to switch to coco because I have done some research on it. It is more like hydroponics and in my experience, hydro gets you a very nice crop with a great taste. I have to do some more research on organic coco grow though.

Here are some pics from earlier today. Peace :bong:

We are getting real close to flowering. No update on the feeding schedule except the dose of fish mix but let me repeat what I am using for a while;

-Biobizz: Activera, Algamic, Fish Mix. 5ml/1.5l is the ratio. I was using 3ml of Fish Mix but I thought the bat guano in the soil could be finished so I increased the dose of Fish Mix. Fish mix is a veg fertilizer + fish. You can replace your main nutrient with Fish mix by increasing the ratio a little. I will use this one as a booster by decreasing the ratio of this nute in flowering.

-General Organics: Black Diamond 3ml/1.5l. I am using this one once a week to provide humic acids and stuff. You can check the ingredients from their website. I used this one 5ml/1.5l for the first 2 weeks of vegetation.

-Advanced Nutrients: Cal-Mag Extra 2ml/1.5l. This one is being used once or twice a week. I don't use it too much for now.

For weekly foilar spray;

-Biobizz: Activera and Algamic 1ml/1.5l

-Advanced Nutrients: Nirvana 1ml/1.5l

I am using a mild solution for foilar spray. Don't want to overfeed and burn the leaves by applying a dense spray. Applying it from the top and bottom until they start to drip a little. You can decide the spray amount by observing the leaves every 15 minutes for an hour after you spray them.

Cheers
:smokin:

Further into SCROG;

Not sure how I've missed this journal, but I'm in!
:high-five:

I've got the Pineapple Express auto from Barneys going right now. I definitely wanna see what your Pineapple Chunk is gonna do.

Looking good over there! I dig it. LoL

Stay lifted growmie!
:passitleft:

Not sure how I've missed this journal, but I'm in!
:high-five:

I've got the Pineapple Express auto from Barneys going right now. I definitely wanna see what your Pineapple Chunk is gonna do.

Looking good over there! I dig it. LoL

Stay lifted growmie!
:passitleft:

Welcome aboard and thank you for riding with us :passitleft:

I am a big fan of PC for almost a year. I never tried the express but it must be just as good considering some of my friends' comments. I think Barney's and Dinafem are the best choices when it comes to buying seeds in EU zone. I definately enjoy some GHS strains as well. You can't say no to a good SSH or WW from GHS right :)

I will be back when I flip to flowering. Or maybe sooner :rollit:

Well, I don't think these LED's match the power of HPS:rip: So I went back to the old lights. I will use these LED's for a DIY autoflower room in the near future. I watered them with plain water today and I am planning to go a little bit harder on nutrients to increase the growth. I want to flip the lights but plants are still very stacky and short. So many sidebranches are contesting the main nodes. I think I won't top the plant for one more time and let these sidebranches grow thick like main branches. The cracked area on one plant is healed. I included some photos of main stem to provide more information about the crack.

They're filling in real well. I think letting the side branching go is key, then up they go to stardome and filling the room.

Well well well...

Nothing much have changed. Plants are just growing at a nice pace. Main nodes can't stretch much because the energy is probably channeled to side branches at this point. Real bush going on here so I might consider flipping in a week. I don't want a tall structure. Even if the plants stay at this volume, I think they can yield like 3-4 ounces easily. I will complete SCROG in first two weeks of flowering. I hope they won't stretch and produce some big colas. I will get pH and EC meters for flowering. I lost my kit but I think plants are doing fine. I detected some holes and tears on leaves but I don't think I have pests. Mn deficiency is possible but not likely. Maybe I am tearing them without noticing when I do training but I am not quite sure :smokin:

Here is the current view. Peace :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom