TriangleCheese's Multistrain Perpetual Ride: Actual 450Watts Quantum Boards & 120Watts

TriangleCheese

Greetings :cough:

I have been harvesting perpetually for a while and decided to start a perpetual journal like some of our fellow growers here do. I just harvested my small Blue Cheese plant yesterday. Grow turned out nice. If anybody is interested, you guys can check BC from the link in my signature. I will keep posting there for a little while but here is one for you;

Currently, I am vegging another Blue Cheese plant in my big tent. It is not that big but you can't go too big and stealthy at the same time. At least in my case... This plant has been vegging for 4 months and I will flip this one into flowering in a couple of days. I just need to visit the hydro store before I do that because I ran out of some critical ingredients. We will be observing this plant here as it blooms.

I will start this journal with my current setup but I will build some LED modules soon. I think my setup works great so I have no intention to change anything other than LED's and carbon filters unless I have to.

So lets talk about the room and nutrient setup. I am using a combination of nutrients from different brands and this combination will be my default setup. I am not thinking of replacing anything because I have access to a few brands and among all combinations, this works the best for me.

GROW ROOM

- 2x2 and 3x3 feet grow tents.
- 2x Viparspectra r300 LED's and 2x 130W DIY LED assemblies. CFL's for seedlings and clones.
- 4x 5 gal. Fabric Pots
- 2x carbon filters, 2x intake, exhaust fan and blow fan
- 2x SCROG nets

NUTRIENTS

Advanced Nutrients : Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Tarantula, Sensizym, Sensi Cal/Mag xtra, Nirvana, Flawless Finish.
Biobizz : Fish Mix, Acti Vera, Bio Heaven
General Organics: Diamond Black, pH Down, G.O. Thrive Bloom, G.O. Bio Bud

Grow Medium: Mostly coco coir. Topped with perlite.

STRAINS

This one is a little bit tough to decide but I will grow what I have. Here is my current seeds;

-Blue Gelato 41 (Barney's Farm)

Type: Feminised
Photoperiod: Normal
Cultivation: Indoor/outdoor
Genetics: Blueberry x Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
Effect: Clear headed, Energetic
Outdoor Yield (g): up to 2500-3000
Indoor Yield (g):up to 600-700 gr/m²
Flowering Time (days): 63 - 70
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month: October
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month Week: 2nd-3rd week
Height (cm): 150-200cm
Height: Tall
Indica %: 60%
Sativa %: 40%
Indica/Sativa: Mostly Indica
Medical Level: Medium
Medical: Yes

-Gorilla Zkittlez (Barney's Farm)

Type: Feminised
Photoperiod: Normal
Cultivation: Indoor/outdoor
Genetics: Gorilla Glue x Zkittlez
Effect: Powerful, Relaxing, Thought Provoking
Outdoor Yield (g): up to 2000-2500
Indoor Yield (g):up to 500-700 gr/m²
Flowering Time (days): 56 - 63
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month: October
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month Week: 1st-2nd week
Height (cm): 140-170cm
Height Outdoor (cm): 140-170cm
Height: Tall
Indica %: 60%
Sativa %: 40%
Indica/Sativa: Mostly Indica
Medical Level: Medium
Medical: Yes

These are all the information I have so far. I am SCROG'ing my plants and I am feeding them very mild with organic products. I will experiment some new stuff here and keep this journal as detailed as I can.

Any advice and comment is welcomed. Lets go perpetual :lot-o-toke:

I will start germinating Blue Gelato and Gorilla Zkittlez in a few days. I will share the pictures from seed to hash as usual. These babies will veg. with CFL's for at least 6-7 weeks. That is not good news but I will pay close attention to prevent stretching. CFL's can be good for veg.

Blue Cheese is consuming a gal. of water easily everyday. I am feeding her around 550 PPMs and around 5.6 pH. Watering her twice a day keeps the pH very stable within the 5.6-6 region. PPM decreases and pH raises in runoff water so everything seems to be in control. I have some small bugs in the pot but I am spraying them with milk and that seems to keep them under control.

I will share recipes for flowering weeks as we proceed. I am feeding very light since this plant is in coco. I am using less than half of the suggested dosages for nutrients but I am using micro life products all the way up.

-20th of May is the 1st week of bloom(the transition week 12/12)

Advanced Nutrients - Sensizym, Piranha, Tarantula, Voodoo Juice 2ml/l each. Sensi Cal/Mag xtra 1.5ml/l.
Biobizz - Activera(1ml/l), FishMix(2ml/l), BioHeaven(1.5ml/l)
General Hydroponics - pH down(0.8ml/l)

This mixture has around 550 PPMs and 5.5-5.6 pH. I will use this recipe for late veg. and transition week in the future as well to save some time from measuring the pH and EC on every irrigation.

On 27th of the may, I will start giving the bloom products and cut down on fish mix. I think we will see some pistils and early flowers in that week.

Still waiting for that alcohol to evaporate. I want some glove hash in my joints :cough:

Harvest pics are here :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Yield looks great for 2x2 tent. Trimmed the buds and removed the lights from the tent. Ventilation is on and RH is around %60 but I think that should be acceptable since I have a nice air flow inside the tent. I will reduce humidity if it doesn't lower itself. So far so good. This Blue Cheese will definately taste the way I like. I trimmed buds using a glove and then I cut the fingertips of the glove and mixed that with alcohol. I am expecting some small but very effective hash from that mix.

Check them out;

Nice Harvest man and I’m in for this new journal! Can’t wait to see how the BG41 and Zkittles turn out for you!

I am here with some great news :goof: and some update on veg. tent.

I just got a driver and some PCB's to use for my quantum boards. I will be using MW HLG240 driver and 576 pieces of Samsung LM301B diodes. I believe this assembly will replace a 500W HPS. I will support my QB's with one R300 in flowering. I believe we will start observing some great results in a two weeks.

Here is how she looked 7 days ago;

And here is how she looks now;

Remarkable growth in one week. I am still feeding with the same ingredients around 600PPM and 5.5-5.6 pH. I am watering this plant 3 times a day. She is consuming around 1.7 gal. of water everyday.

I will be back with my new LED's and frequent updates.

Any comment or advise is welcomed as usual :passitleft:

Good stuff TC! Good for 10 days into flower. I see what you mean about needing a lollipop but I wouldn't worry just yet. With another 10 day+ of stretch to go it could get pretty claustrophobic in there. You've filled that tent nicely though and it looks like you have decent coverage so good things to come. I'm in! :thumb:

Gorilla Zkittlez and Blue Gelato 41 are here :goof::goof:

I planted these in jiffy pellets and used some root boosters. Didn't adjusted the pH as the instructions adviced. Hope they will turn out great.

Here they are;

Another good news is my mushrooms are almost ready.

Blue Cheese is also doing great. She is drinking over a gal. of water everyday. I will upgrade her tent with 2x 288 LM301B LED assemblies in a week or so. Hope she will produce even more.

Let the fun begin. I get to follow your BG now as I pretty much killed mine lol

Feels good to have some extra seeds am I right :ganjamon:

Its a shame that SL and BG didn't make it. I will be growing them in coco and was planning to watch your journal as a guide for BG but now you can observe this little girl :hug:

Your GZ looks pretty much like an indica dominant one. I guess I will be SCROGging again.

I will also try a new method with these plants. I will chop down all the side branches. After the plants reach a certain height, I will top them three times to get 16 equal main tops. People say that topping above the 4th or 5th node is a bad thing but I couldn't find a scientific reason to back this idea. I think this method will save a lot of time for SCROGgers. The thing is, with sidebranches and some main nodes, you have too much plant tissue to build. You have extra leafs that contribute growing but when you have a single node without any sidebranches, I think it should reach the desired height earlier. After that, I will just have to train 16 main nodes and nothing else. It takes a lot of time to grow 16 main nodes from the surface of the medium to, lets say a meter. But after your plant reaches a meter of height, these 16 main nodes would only need like 40-50 cms to stretch, both horizontally and vertically(vector sum :)). That will save roughly 16x(
pi-s.gif
r^2
)x(50-60)cm of plant tissue:goof: Maybe this energy will bulk the main stem up as a bonus :nervous-guy:

Kinda like this one but the idea is similar to @Light Addict 's :Namaste: fluxing central. So all the colas will be fed from a main center and the plants will be topped above, lets say the 10th node or so.

Would be glad to hear your opinions about this idea guys :passitleft:

Here are the babies. Currently, I am waiting for my new LM301B LED assemblies. After that I will put one of the DIY LED's into this tent;

Feels good to have some extra seeds am I right :ganjamon:

Its a shame that SL and BG didn't make it. I will be growing them in coco and was planning to watch your journal as a guide for BG but now you can observe this little girl :hug:

Your GZ looks pretty much like an indica dominant one. I guess I will be SCROGging again.

I will also try a new method with these plants. I will chop down all the side branches. After the plants reach a certain height, I will top them three times to get 16 equal main tops. People say that topping above the 4th or 5th node is a bad thing but I couldn't find a scientific reason to back this idea. I think this method will save a lot of time for SCROGgers. The thing is, with sidebranches and some main nodes, you have too much plant tissue to build. You have extra leafs that contribute growing but when you have a single node without any sidebranches, I think it should reach the desired height earlier. After that, I will just have to train 16 main nodes and nothing else. It takes a lot of time to grow 16 main nodes from the surface of the medium to, lets say a meter. But after your plant reaches a meter of height, these 16 main nodes would only need like 40-50 cms to stretch, both horizontally and vertically(vector sum :)). That will save roughly 16x(
pi-s.gif
r^2
)x(50-60)cm of plant tissue:goof: Maybe this energy will bulk the main stem up as a bonus :nervous-guy:

Kinda like this one but the idea is similar to @Light Addict 's :Namaste: fluxing central. So all the colas will be fed from a main center and the plants will be topped above, lets say the 10th node or so.

Would be glad to hear your opinions about this idea guys :passitleft:

Here are the babies. Currently, I am waiting for my new LM301B LED assemblies. After that I will put one of the DIY LED's into this tent;

It's a great idea. I remember following light addict before I joined 420. The only thing that put me off the idea was the extra time vegging . Nowadays that wouldn't be so much of a problem as I'm fully stocked with meds and grow perpetually. I ended up going down the "more plants, less veg" route which was ok but turns out that it can be a lot of work with watering and keeping plants tidy.

It's a great idea. I remember following light addict before I joined 420. The only thing that put me off the idea was the extra time vegging . Nowadays that wouldn't be so much of a problem as I'm fully stocked with meds and grow perpetually. I ended up going down the "more plants, less veg" route which was ok but turns out that it can be a lot of work with watering and keeping plants tidy.

I just learned too much from journals. Light Addict was probably the reason I started hanging around here :Rasta:

More plants, less veg. is the way to go to achieve the maximum yield. This is what grower/dealers are doing. Maintenance should be hard though. Sea of green is also a great method with some short plants producing a single large nug but cloning process would take almost as long as veg.

I hope I can take it to the next level. Short veg. and fewer plants is the goal here. I spent 4.5 months of veg. on that Blue Cheese hybrid :Rasta:

So lets check her out. 20 days into flowering;

Hey :cough:

Gave her pH'd water only. I have been feeding her around 750 PPM for 5 days so I thought it would be nice to wash the medium. I forgot to share 3rd week feeding program so here it is;

Daily watering with 5+ gals of water;

Biobizz; Activera(2ml/l), BioHeaven(1ml/l)
General Organics; Go Thrive Bloom(2ml/l), BioBud(3ml/l), ph down
Advanced Nutrients; Nirvana(1ml/l), Sensizym(1ml/l)

PPM of this mixture is between 700-750. Kinda higher than I use normally but that is a big plant and still no burnt tips at all.

Watching her bloom is very exciting. One of my biggest plants so far.

23 days into flowering;

I am back with some news.

Still waiting for the delivery. I will move one of the Vipars to the veg. tent for Blue Gelato and Gorilla Zkittlez when I get my QB's.

BCxCC is now 30 days into flowering. Buds are getting heavy and the branches just can't carry the load. I got 4 more weeks and I am really excited to see how big these colas get. Smell is fantastic. I am having some humidity problems and I changed my watering schedule. I am still feeding her with a gal. per day if the humidity doesn't go wild. I will get a dehumidifier from amazon for 39 USD. Hope that will help.

Here she is. Gorgeous :drool:

Feeding this plant mild for a while. I dried out the coco so the roots can breathe for the last time before late flowering. I will be flushing out the medium for one more time and dry the medium for a day again. Then I will start feeding her around 700-750 PPM. Lets see how that will work out for me.

Further into flowering with the Blue Cheese x Chocolate Chunk;

Back
Top Bottom