TriangleCheese's Multistrain Perpetual Ride: Actual 450Watts Quantum Boards & 120Watts

Hey @TriangleCheese !!

Had to check out your diary :). Blue cheese is one of my favs and this cross is swelling like crazy.

I cant wait to see how those buds turn out .

4 and a half month veg!? That's crazy! I don't think I could be that patient.

Really looking forward to seeing your QB set up. It sounds similar to mine :). Deffo good idea adding one of the vipars in. As efficient as the 301bs are they lack the deep red which those vipars are pretty good for :). I was thinking of adding my old vipar into my tent until I got the bar with the added cree far reds.

Hope it's cool if I take a pew and watch what I expect will be an awesome grow?

✌️

Hey @triangle cheese, coming along for the ride as your timing is similar to one of my grows, (newbie here) so looking for perspective and comparison.
Btw that bluexchoco is a ferkin beast..!
Props for letting it grow out as nature (almost) intended.

Hey @TriangleCheese !!

Had to check out your diary :). Blue cheese is one of my favs and this cross is swelling like crazy.

I cant wait to see how those buds turn out .

4 and a half month veg!? That's crazy! I don't think I could be that patient.

Really looking forward to seeing your QB set up. It sounds similar to mine :). Deffo good idea adding one of the vipars in. As efficient as the 301bs are they lack the deep red which those vipars are pretty good for :). I was thinking of adding my old vipar into my tent until I got the bar with the added cree far reds.

Hope it's cool if I take a pew and watch what I expect will be an awesome grow?

Welcome aboard :passitleft:

I must say that waiting for that long is a bit hard. You don't get to see any flower for 4.5 months. Feels frustrating but it is also very rewarding.

I'll get my QB's tomorrow but I need to find a matching driver for them. I think I will go with OSRAM drivers as they are the most efficient ones as far as I know. They should outperform MW HLG's.

I will definately keep one of the Vipars inside. Actually I might go with 2 but heat is the issue here. 33 degrees of Celsius is a bit too high. I have 2 fans blowing towards the plant but it will be great if I can go below 30 degrees.

I am considering some far reds but they are too expensive in my opinion. You can get another 288 pcs QB for that price and I think that would provide more benefit compared to the red sticks.

This will be my perpetual journal so keep tuned for many more. Any advice or comment is always welcomed.

Hey @triangle cheese, coming along for the ride as your timing is similar to one of my grows, (newbie here) so looking for perspective and comparison.
Btw that bluexchoco is a ferkin beast..!
Props for letting it grow out as nature (almost) intended.

Welcome aboard :passitleft:

Just checked your plants. I think my girls will ride a little bit faster due to hydro. and comparing these with soil grown plants would feel kinda upsetting :morenutes:

You can always compare the training and other methods though. I am very open to new ideas and thoughts. Journals are here to discuss so let it flow.

Thanks for the compliment on BCxCC. An accidental cross turned out to be one of the greatest plants I have ever had. I worked very hard on this plant but the conditions are not perfect right now. I will regulate everything after installing my QB's tomorrow. I hope colas develope faster after that point. I guess I got good luck with bag seeds but couldn't forecast the temperature for this summer :idea:

Greetings,

We are getting close to the harvest. Blue Cheese x Chocolate Chunk is almost ready without amber trichomes. I won't wait for amber this time. I fed this plant for the last time today and I will flush it tomorrow. I will keep adding pH'd water with AN Flawless Finish for 2 more days and leave it dry for extra 24 hours. I will turn the lights of for 48 hours before harvest.

I have been feeding this plant very mild. I never fed her over 700 PPM. I flushed the medium regularly and observed no deficiencies until late flowering. Only one main branch had severe deficiencies but it wasn't getting any light and I realised that kinda late.

Gorilla Zkittles and Blue Gelato 41 is stretching with a crappy light. I am doing this intentionally since I want to top these plants from an unusually high point. I will stack some lights and transplant them for one more time in a couple of weeks. I am planning a 2 month veg. for GZ and I am expecting a similar size to BCxCC, which vegged for 4.5 months. I hope I can cut down on veg. time succesfully.

I got lots of images guys. Here we go;

Maaan! It's frostier than a coke heads nostril in that tent!

The swell is looking pretty damn good too. Are you going to take some pics in normal light for harvest @TriangleCheese?

Thats a LOL mate :passitleft:

I will add more pictures in sunlight. She will be participating POTM and NOTM contests on august.

I am flushing for 3 days. I will turn the lights off tomorrow for 48 hours. Lets dry and cure these nugs. Smell is amazing. I am very satisfied with the taste coming out from organic nutrients. Eventhough using organics reduce the yield significantly, I will keep producing amazing tasting buds with them.

My QB's have just arrived btw. I had problems with the shipping but Atreum has such a great customer support and they made me very satisfied in the end. I definately recommend these amazing people.

Cheers :Rasta:

Lights are off. I will be harvesting soon. I got some update on Gorilla Zkittlez and Blue Gelato 41 !

Plants stretched like crazy and they only have the 1st node so far. Things are going according to plan. I will top the plants from 2nd or 3rd node since I already have a nice vertical growth. I will save some time by growing only the main node instead of several topped nodes. I will start training for horizontal growth after topping. These babies will have 16 main nodes and no shit material.

Check these oddly proportioned ladies out :passitleft:

Gorilla Zkittlez and Blue Gelato are finally taking off. They had some problems due to lack of lighting but not anymore.

I stretched my plants and then topped them. I am trying to achieve both tall and girthy plants. There is major upgrade on lighting and here is how I will use my setup in the future;

3x3 tent ;
- 4x 288 pieces lm301B boards and 2x Meanwell Elg 240 54A LED driver.
- One Viparspectra R300 for 3 band red boost.

2x2 tent ;
- One Viparspectra R300 and 2 80W DIY assemblies.

I will be using 580 watts from the wall in the big tent. That would bring some fine sized colas I hope.

I planted GG#4 and God's Glue(from Ministry of Cannabis) in jiffy pellets. They will join the ride soon. I added VJ to the water.

I am planning to grow these two with General Hydroponics Flora Coco series, simply because they don't require any other supplements except the Florakeen for flushing and Ripen for the last week of bloom. I will still use some microbial products and planning to switch to Mykos and Azos duo, instead of the Advanced Nutrients trio because of the price.

Another update is that I have switched to Cannazym instead of Sensizym. I think it is a better product for cleaning the rootzone.

Here are the current plants;

Blue Cheese x Chocolate Chunk yielded around 300 grams dry and trimmed. I think Viparspectra's performed nice since it is a fairly large yield considering that the plant is grown with organic nutrients and the actual draw of the LED's were around 300 Watts. Yields compare to 400 Watts HPS. The new setup should outperform 800W easily. Lets see how these quantum boards really perform.

Nugs are dried slowly for 3 weeks and the final RH of the drying room was around %52 so I decided to move these in jars with Boveda 62 humidity packs. Smoke is amazing. Organic nutes really deliver a nice taste to the final product. The genetics turned out fantastic as I mentioned in the previous grow with the smaller plant. Blue Cheese never fails. Just roll a joint with a half gram and enjoy the high that lasts long. Of course I don't limit myself with an hourly joint :lot-o-toke:

Here is a single jar filled with BCxCC nugs. Can't wait to fill them with GZ and BG41 and other Gorillaz :passitleft:

I am back with some news,

God's Glue is popped her head and GG#4 is about to do the same.

I am still training Gorilla Zkittlez and Blue Gelato. I will move these plants to the big tent in a couple of weeks. I am using General Hydroponics Flora Coco series with Cannazym and Bioheaven right now. I decided to skip organics and get a large yield this time. I will be preparing some E-Liquid using terpenes and THC extracts in this journal. September will be a dab month for me :bong:

Check them out;

I am back with some major update on lighting.

I moved the plants to 3x3 tent. I installed all my QB's and a single R300 into that one. I will be using a single R300 for vegging a 2x2 cabinet. I think I will get some fine yields with this setup.

I have fed my plants with GH Flora Coco Grow and Bloom, Diamond Black, Biobizz Bioheaven and ActiVera. I used Advanced Nutrients root trio when I transplanted Blue Gelato 41. I will transplant Gorilla Zkittles in a couple of days, when GG#4 starts growing some leaves so I can pot her and God's Glue.

Things are going great. Have a look;

:passitleft:

Greetings,

GG #4 is no more. God's Glue is healthy and potted into soil. Yeah I decided to grow this one in soil. Gorilla Zkittlez and BG41 are both happy and healthy as hell. I am feeding them mild with the GH Flora Coco series. I am still adding the root trio from AN and Biobizz Activera. I will keep adding these until 3rd week of flowering. I also used Diamond Black(humic acids) and Biobizz BioHeaven for boosting the growth. I will grow God's Glue with all organic nutrients.

Here they are;

God's Glue;

Gorilla Zkittlez;

Blue Gelato 41;

Overview;

I am back with some major update on plants. I fliipped them on September 9th and they are now in pre-flowering week. I moved the God's Glue to the small tent for proper veg. I added DIY CO2 to the big tent. I am using dry yeast sugar and water. I am checking the CO2 output everyday and refilling the main container with a new batch if yeast stops producing gas. I don't know if its the CO2 but plants really took off.

Feeding schedule is like below;

Blue Gelato 41 and Gorilla Zkittlez;

-General Hydroponics Flora Coco series main line. 4ml/l grow 2ml/l bloom for pre-flowering week. I am using pH down at a customized ratio.
-Canna Cannazym 2.5ml/l for all weeks. I like my rootzone clean and Cannazym is probably the only popular product that actually does anything. No more Sensizym for me :straightface:

I will add Advanced Nutrients Big Bud because I had amazing plants in the past using that. It really increases yield and doesn't affect the taste much. I will use half of the suggested ratio.

I am flushing these plants with General Hydroponics FloraKleen every two weeks. That product cleans the excess salts in your medium. Definately recommended. I will cut down everything on last week. I will just use General Hydroponics Ripen and flush for the last time. I am not measuring PPM levels because plants look really healthy without any deficiencies or burnt tips. I will measure PPM when I start pushing my plants in a few weeks. These plants are flowering under 4x 288 pieces of LM301B(3000K) quantum boards. Each board is drawing around 105 Watts from the wall. I also have a single R300 for these plants to provide the red spectrum they need. Total actual draw is around 450 Watts and spectrum should be more than suitable for flowering.

God's Glue;

-Biobizz FishMix 2ml/l and BioHeaven 2ml/l
-Advanced Nutrients Root trio 2ml/l each. I am using these once for every two weeks.
-Canna Cannazym 2 ml/l.

Gods Glue is having a happy veg. I bent the plant and skipped topping this time. I am planning to train this plant without any topping. I tried fimming this one but I don't think it came out successful. We will see that in a few days for sure. This plant is vegging under a single Viparspectra R300. 130 ish Watts actual draw.

Here is how they look now;

I had to abandon this journal because some unfortunate stuff happened in the last quarter of 2019. Soon I will be growing perpetual again but until then you can follow my current grow from the link below. It is great to be back here. I missed some great journals and trying to catch up with them these days. Make sure you guys visit my current thread for some nice bud development. Purple Punch and mystery bagseed.

Peace :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom