It is way too cold for 2 weeks and I started having some problems in my grow room. Clones are hanging in there but no roots yet. I think some of them will start shooting in a couple days because I can see the white dots.

About the bonsai mother situation, I just popped a Tropicana Poison F1 from Sweet Seeds. Some of my friends already grow that strain so I am pretty familiar with its grow characteristics, which seem very charming. This plant is a speed racer like the Purple Punch so I will spare a SOG just for PP and TP alone. That brings me to the ultimate question. Should I let Pink Kush mom go?

I haven't decided what to do yet. Can you let this pheno go?

I think I'll keep the Pink Kush instead of Tropicana on the long run because this mom always produce top shelf clones and I am not certain about the Tropicana. However, the Tropicana finishes in 6-7 weeks according to the breeder and that is kinda tempting. I'll definitely need to works something out to get a multi-strain SOG going non stop.

I'll probably move the whole nursery into the main tent to properly train the mothers and repot them all. Then we'll see how many moms can my nursery host. If I can keep 4 mothers in there, I'll add Chocolate Chunk from T.H. Seeds to finalize my almost pure indica nursery.

Check the TP seedling popped today. Cheers;

And the first harvested nugs from the Purple Punch mom in here;

I'm back with the harvest guys. Nursery is moved into the main tent for recovery once again. They were looking almost dead on the moving day but after watering they looked like in the picture below. Plants are looking terrific now and I'll start posting frequently here. We'll be seeing plenty of action soon with 4 mothers. I'll start root pruning on PK mother and I'll train the PP mother. I am hoping the other small mother candidates (choco chunk and tropicana poison) will catch up soon. I need 4 clones from each strain for the next bloom cycle.

I am also working on some new LED project. I'll build my own propogation lighting which will include 6500K strips with 660nm boost. Current design produced poor PPFD so I'll replace these 6500K diodes with some Samsungs. I'll keep posting here as the project develops.

Cheers :passitleft::420:

We got some update on the nursery folks. I switched to 400W fixture to provide my plants more light. Let's inspect one strain at a time;

-Pink Kush;

Pink Kush mom is almost a year old now. She'll be celebrating mothers day soon. Clones are not happy cuz they had to root under 55 degrees F and it took longer than a month but weather is warmer now. Good news for future clones.

-Purple Punch;

Purple Punch mom is growing organic. She is happy but I am not feeding her much because she is too tall. I took enough clones from her and now she can stand by. Clones are almost rooted without clonex. I'm expecting some great roots in a few days.

-Tropicana Poison F1 fast version;

Mom is topped and soon will be giving some clones. Nothing planted in the propagator yet. This one is a fast grower so expect to see several plants on next bloom cycle.

-Chocolate Chunk;

This is a fairly young mother :) She is also growing organic and looks damn strong as I was expecting from her. I smoked this strain at a friends house and the grower guy rejected to share some clones with me. We said fuck that and got some seeds. Nugs we smoked back there was true indica fire with Afghani x Afghani genetic background. This will rock my world because I think I can grow better nugs than I smoked back in there. Feeling super excited to smoke this strain and I might wait for at least two clones from the Chocolate Chunk before I set my bloom line up. Definitely try this strain folks. Made for hardcore indica fetishists.

And the spectrum graph for my new 200W fixture is like below. 400W fixture almost have the same spectrum with 2x Watts. CRI is 94 on both. PPFD map is impressive. Check it out;

Cheers :passitleft:

Hi guys,

Cloning process is finally coming to an end. I waited this long just to get some clones from the Chocolate Chunk for flowering. Choco is a keeper and clones have some strong roots in 6th day. That is exceptional for me :) I've lost some clones due to crappy DWC cloner and I'll be building an aero cloner for the next round.

We have a surprise as well. When I was smoking a nice Purple Punch nug I found a seed inside. Seed was looking amazing and was big, so I decided to start another mother with it. Sprouted and popped fast. Growing strong and that seed accidentally bred in a garden full of Pink Kush and Purple Punch. Both are amazing strains but I don't know which strain had a herm branch. 3 seeds in 700 grams of dried nugs and I think the pollination might be caused by extended flowering.

This new mother doesn't look like Pink Kush or Purple Punch so far. I don't think anything bad can come from this combination as both phenos I have is fire. We'll see and try to detect which genetics does this one carry.

Here is how things look like;

Great project TC!:hookah:

Thanks Stunger and welcome :passitleft:

I got way more interesting plans for this project actually :)

Today I got my first prototype for my cloning system. That is basically a meter long LED strip. I'll produce two strips with different spectrums. I will wire them in a way that only one band can be ON at the same time. These strips will draw 50W from the wall. I will use 2x 50W from each band so in total we will have 4 x 50W but only a 120W driver to drive two bars. System will have two switches for the modes.

First mode will keep the mother plants short and make them produce as many side branches as your particular strain of choice can produce. Internode distance will be as short as possible. This is the mode that we will be using most of the time to make our nursery take less space.

Second mode will produce such a spectrum that it will cause these many side branches to stretch. After stretching you can get longer and stronger clones and plant them in your nursery next to the mother plant.

After planting, you need to switch to the first mode to promote root growth. With a lot of blue photons in mode 1, plants focus on producing many side branches as well as their root system. That is great for clones and also packs your mother plants with side branches.

It'll take some time for me to build an apparatus and a driver box to get a system ready. I also need a shorter bar because my nursery is 60cm wide. 60cm LED bar will draw between 32-34W from the wall so I'll be building a 120W system(4x60cm) with a 60W driver for myself. Design will be the same. Two bands of light with two ways switch and a single driver.

I'm still waiting for the last choco clone to grow some solid roots. All clones are ready but we lost two. They have slime :( But I didn't have room for those anyways. I got 7 more pots filled with coco and perlite. I'll plant these 4 Choco and 3 Purple Punch and let them veg for some time. Flowering will start soon and we will move everything back to the original nursery.

The mystery genetics plant is going amazing. I can't wait to finish this flowering season and start growing my clones from my accidental breed.

I'll finish this post with some nice Pink Kush from my private stash. Some good photos from the last harvest is here now:passitleft:

We are finally back in the nursery with bonsai moms. Main tent is now in a short veg. period and it will be kind of a multi strain SOG grow. You can check my perpetual journal for the flowering season with Purple Punch, Pink Kush, Chocolate Chunk and Tropicana Poison.

I decided to flower the Purple Punch mother. I'll try to reveg. her and I left a small node at the bottom of the plant to make this mother bonsai after harvest. I want to keep Purple Punch and we'll see if she comes back to life :)

We now have 3 bonsai mothers;

-Pink Kush: This plant is more than a year old now. She is actually a clone not a mother from seed so she has been alive for more than a year. She is the first mom in the nursery that deserves to celebrate the mothers day :passitleft:

-Chocolate Chunk: This is a fairly young mother. I think she is alive for around a month. She already gave birth to four healthy clones with killer roots. %100 success on this strain. Growing like a true classic. Reminds me of the real deal White Widow from late 2000's. I lose control when a plant looks that decent. Purple Punch also has a great growing pattern. My Pink Kush phenotype however is a pain in the ass to deal with :)

-Mystery genetics from Purple Punch bud: This is the youngest mother and she is topped like a week ago. She haven't gave any clones yet. I am not sure how this genetics will turn out but I have really high hopes since she is looking incredible so far. Had no problems and easily growing like Purple Punch. It is either Purple Punch x Purple Punch or Pink Kush x Purple Punch. Lots of possibilities here so I decided to keep this unique seed as mother. I will take some clones soon and place them in the balcony of the flowering tent :) No matter how excited I feel, I just want to test the genetics before investing deeply.

-LSD Barney's Farm: I think I might add one LSD mother to the line up. I'll share the details if I decide to pop a seed.

Thats all for now guys. It was a rough cloning season for me. Lost countless clones due to cold and now I have a great line up for flowering. Actually I didn't care too much because I wanted to grow Chocolate Chunk so bad that I agreed to delay the whole grow :) I am sure it will worth it.

Cheers :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom