Trichome color versus inherit Sativa & Indica effects?

toastmasta

Just curious about this, as everywhere I read, the more amber colored trichomes, the more of a couch-lock/Indica high you will feel. Versus having mostly milky colored, and a few scattered ambers which would result in more of a Sativa high.

But, doesn't the inherit DNA make the crucial difference?

From the sticky:

The milky trichomes have some "cerebral" qualities, as well as some of the more "physical" characteristics of the high. The last stage, amber, brings on a more sedative, physical stone. If this is what you're looking for, than I would recommend a sativa/indica cross, or an indica dominant plant. Amber trichomes seem to ruin a sativa high if the plant goes too long. [/IMG]

How is letting a Sour Diesel, a Sativa for example, get a majority of amber trichomes going to make you feel like you're on an Indica? I'm sure I've smoked ones that have had clear trichomes, milk and amber. As long as the strains lineage is true, then the effects are always the same for me.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I thought the trichomes were based more on the THC potency, and degradation to CBD.

re: Trichome color versus inherit Sativa & Indica effects?

Doesn't make sense to me either. It might be true that cloudy = peak thc and amber signifies the degradation to CBD, but I think maybe the terpenes make one strain energizing and another sedating? There's 3 main chemotypes for cannabis sativa: High THC (sensimilla), High CBD (hemp), and a chemotype that is about even thc/cbd. I know hemp doesn't get you high, but I don't really understand how much CBD in the chemotype is most potent or sedating.
Here's a study that goes into great detail about the other cannabinoids and terpenoids that contribute effects. I think the story is a lot more complicated than amber = couch lock.
Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects

re: Trichome color versus inherit Sativa & Indica effects?

Doesn't make sense to me either. It might be true that cloudy = peak thc and amber signifies the degradation to CBD, but I think maybe the terpenes make one strain energizing and another sedating? There's 3 main chemotypes for cannabis sativa: High THC (sensimilla), High CBD (hemp), and a chemotype that is about even thc/cbd. I know hemp doesn't get you high, but I don't really understand how much CBD in the chemotype is most potent or sedating.
Here's a study that goes into great detail about the other cannabinoids and terpenoids that contribute effects. I think the story is a lot more complicated than amber = couch lock.
Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects

Thanks for that link and for the mini breakdown

As the trics amber your CBD is now becoming CBN. This is why you'd harvest at cloudy/clear with high CBD strains.

Back
Top Bottom