Trichomes and potency - Do they become more potent throughout flower?

Good morning my 420 brothers and sisters. I am currently at 30 days flower on a couple sativa dom plants, Acapulco Gold and TrainWreck and i took a small bud from a dark corner to sample. I was sooo impresed with the buzz at 30 days. The trichomes are nice and clear as they should be. When trichomes ripen throughout flower are they gaining potency or just becoming more numerous on the buds? I guess im saying if the buzz is great now, will it be magnificent at harvest? Thanks all. Ill try to keep the sampling to a minimum, haha. Later

Yes they do :thumb:

From what i understand peak THC content is around 100% cloudy.

But many of us have our own ideal trichome ripening stage to when we may harvest to enjoy what we like best so it is rather an individual choice...

I'm near on 100% cloudy with a touch of amber myself... but then again some strains don't produce amber trics that easy.

Others may flower longer to increase amber trics.

Whilst some may like 50/50 clear/cloudy.

So it really is what works for you :thumb:

Yes they do :thumb:

From what i understand peak THC content is around 100% cloudy.

But many of us have our own ideal trichome ripening stage to when we may harvest to enjoy what we like best so it is rather an individual choice...

I'm near on 100% cloudy with a touch of amber myself... but then again some strains don't produce amber trics that easy.

Others may flower longer to increase amber trics.

Whilst some may like 50/50 clear/cloudy.

So it really is what works for you :thumb:

I agree, it will be good with 50/50 clear/cloudy.:Namaste:

Thanks fellas, just what i wanted to hear! Reps+

Yes. However some strains do not turn amber. Always watch your plants. It would suck to let one go to the point that you notice decline while waiting for amber. Bottom line, experience helps, you're getting it & seemingly successfully. Good job.

Yes. However some strains do not turn amber. Always watch your plants. It would suck to let one go to the point that you notice decline while waiting for amber. Bottom line, experience helps, you're getting it & seemingly successfully. Good job.

Yep. It's a fine line between trich color, hair color and flower swelling for me.

Same thing when it comes to dating..

Also trich color can help you identify the type of buzz. If i'm not mistaken, the more amber the trichomes the more thc has changed to cbd. If the trichs are clear you will have a super hyper energetic buzz. As the trichomes mature the more cannabanoids become present and/more defined.
I prefer all cloudy with about 15% amber trichomes. At that point I feel you have a good idea of how powerful (all around) a strain can be.

But as always, strain, growing conditions, and health all contribute
Just to echo, it really comes down to personal preference. Pull some earlier than others and keep tabs on trich color. See which buzz you like more :)

Back
Top Bottom