Trichomes: clear to cloudy time-frame?

NunyaBis

Stupid question time (the only type I ask, it seems)

Can anyone tell me, roughly, how long it takes for trichomes to go from clear to cloudy, and then from cloudy to amber? (On White Widows / Dark Angels from CKS, under a 1000w HPS)

I know this is VERY plant specific, but all I want is a sort of ballpark answer. Both the CKS WW and DA are supposedly 8 week strains.

I'm starting week 8 of flower tomorrow, and I was planning to start my final flush, but the most recent check with my horribly crap "magnifier" and 30x jeweler's loupe reveal mostly clear (like 90-95%) trichomes on all 3 plants. Around 25-30% of the pistils have turned orange on one of the WW's and the DA. The other WW (if it even is one, since it looks totally different for whatever reason) pistils are at like 10% orange.

Are these likely to get to around 50-75% cloudy inside of a week?

If I start the flush, and they end up needing another 2 weeks or something, I'll be screwing myself over. Anyone have any advice / input?

P.S. I know pictures would REALLY help answer my question, and I'd attach some, if I could get any worth a damn. The only camera I've got that's even close to good enough is on my phone, and all it can manage to do is show that there are trichomes, and that's when I can get it to sort of focus.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delay, had to wait til near lights on, and then I had more delays before I could upload. I could have timed these shots a bit better, I only managed to snag a few before the light came on and made everything yellow. I tried snapping a few shots through my glasses, but most of them turned out pretty badly.

Oh, and if anyone could tell me how the hell to either rotate, or stop the website from rotating the pics I upload, that'd be appreciated. They look right side up on my computer, they look right side up when you first upload them, but then when you have to go through that 2nd upload stage where you press "Process" they flip sideways. >.<

Top / main cola of what I've been calling the "Large White Widow" All the hairs on this one are still white, but the smaller colas / buds all have bout 30% orange hairs.

LWW_1.jpg

Top / main cola of the Dark Angel - As with the LWW above, still all white hairs on the main cola, but the smaller ones are at about 30%

DA_Top.jpg

2nd shot of the DA

DA1.jpg

Top / main cola of what I've been calling the "Small White Widow" because it, you guessed it, was smaller than the other one. Then all of a sudden it just exploded and grew like 10 inches in a few days. The main cola on this thing ended up being sorta similar to the LWW, but then like a week ago it turned into this weird Christmas tree shape thing.

SWW_1.jpg

Another shot of the "smaller" "White Widow" - I honestly have my doubts about this one's heritage, not only does it look very different, it matured more slowly, and it smells VERY lemony. I can't help thinking I got a Lemon Haze seed in my WW pack or something.

SWW_2.jpg

Shot of a smaller cola / bud on the LWW - Light had come on by now and I was trying to overpower it with the flash to catch the orange hairs.

LWW_SC1.jpg

Another one

LWW_SC2.jpg

Small cola / bud on the LWW as seen through the lens of my Method 7 HPS glasses. Camera had a hard time focusing properly because of the reflection

Glasses5.jpg

Group shot of the girls under the light

Group_Shot46.jpg

Edit : Oh, and the leaf / nutrient burn you see on the leaves all happened during the 5th week of flower, 2 days after I added House & Garden's Top Booster (I've been using their entire coco lineup and nutrient calculator).

You know, I'm an idiot.

After looking at some strain info again, it turns out the Dark Angel smells a bit like lemon (apparently), so I gave each of the plants a very good sniff. I must have mixed up the seedlings at some point. That would explain a few things.

Also : Slight update, between pic time yesterday and feed time tonight, a bunch more pistils / hairs have turned orange, including on the main colas, so I guess we're getting close after all. Still going to give them that extra week to be safe though, so I suppose these ended up being 9+ week strains/plants instead of 8. Oh well, the buds are SUPER dense and the main colas are pretty much as thick as coke cans (more actually), so I'm happy enough, heh.

Stupid question time (the only type I ask, it seems)

Can anyone tell me, roughly, how long it takes for trichomes to go from clear to cloudy, and then from cloudy to amber? (On White Widows / Dark Angels from CKS, under a 1000w HPS)

I know this is VERY plant specific, but all I want is a sort of ballpark answer. Both the CKS WW and DA are supposedly 8 week strains.

I'm starting week 8 of flower tomorrow, and I was planning to start my final flush, but the most recent check with my horribly crap "magnifier" and 30x jeweler's loupe reveal mostly clear (like 90-95%) trichomes on all 3 plants. Around 25-30% of the pistils have turned orange on one of the WW's and the DA. The other WW (if it even is one, since it looks totally different for whatever reason) pistils are at like 10% orange.

Are these likely to get to around 50-75% cloudy inside of a week?

If I start the flush, and they end up needing another 2 weeks or something, I'll be screwing myself over. Anyone have any advice / input?

P.S. I know pictures would REALLY help answer my question, and I'd attach some, if I could get any worth a damn. The only camera I've got that's even close to good enough is on my phone, and all it can manage to do is show that there are trichomes, and that's when I can get it to sort of focus.

Thanks in advance.
Flush with dextrose. Plants wi still add wieght and will flush as well

*sigh*

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Not the end of the world I guess, I'm just getting really impatient, heh.
I Get impatient. Waiting on three right now. One I figured would be first got beat by one that still has white pistols but trichomes are all white.deceiving. so I am waiting til last ditch. Had one go Hermie at end had to cut it down. Had one mature seed. Better not be anymore of that.

Back
Top Bottom