Trichomes - Cloudy - Ready?

2bfree

First year determining harvest through trichomes. Interesting indeed! So much information. I have read that you should look for in indica strains, cloudy being careful to avoid amber or at least as few as possible. Whereas Sativa harvest is based on cloudy and amber %. Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I am working with a pineapple chunk, indica dominant. It appears as though the trichomes have turned milky and only a few clear. I did see one amber in my search. This bud was taken from the middle of plant, a little recessed from the other buds.

Help greatly appreciate.

Re: Trichomes - Cloudy - Ready??

Oh I am so excited!!!! Looking at the Trichomes, I feel so much more confident than I did by determination of the hairs. I can't thank you enough. I wanted to be sure, excited about the sugar too. Thank you for your help.
What are your thoughts on placing it in a dark period? I understand that it is best to harvest her before she wakes, so I am aiming for that.

EXCITED INDEED!!

Re: Trichomes - Cloudy - Ready??

harvest your girls in the dark,before 'lights on' normally occurs. green light is excellent for this too btw.
If possible, do not allow the plants to see direct light as long as their roots are attached.
Direct light on a plant will draw up stored starches and sugars from the root system, and that's how smooth smoke becomes harsh smoke.

Oh, I normally grow indoors/undetected.
If you know for sure someones gonna rip you off, i guess cutting your loss is all you can do.
But if its just a hunch, place a hunters/wildlife camera that takes shots when motion is detected and stores it on a sd card. that way youll be able to see if anything/anyone has been in the vicinity of your crop.

I am rite on the border between milky and starting to go towards amber. I'm new and just wondering the reason for letting it go a little more amber than usual

I'd recommend cloudy with some amber maybe 20% . I've noticed over the years that patients reviews and our entries into cups and such people preferred the smoke with some amber. I've also noticed and recorded test results of just cloudy. Can test higher terpenes but thc may not be at its peak yet. But i do agree with Ricorico if you have a well trained eye, great microscope then you can potentially pull it all at its peak.

Back
Top Bottom