Trichomes & Harvest: Opinions Needed, Newbie Here

S27

Hi all, I just joined this forum! After lurking for a bit I have seen a lot of helpful folks here and was hoping for opinions on a couple of my plants. This is the first time I've grown and I think I'm close to harvest! : ) :cheer:

I'll start with this plant. This is from a feminized auto flower tangerine dream seed (seed is from Growers Choice Seeds). Photos were taken early this morning and today would be day 88 since breaking soil.

I come to those of you with experience! : ) Do you think she is ready to be cut or should I wait a little longer?

Hoping I post these pics correctly lol...

Thank you in advance! :thanks:

TD Amber Leaf.jpg
TD 8.jpg
TD 1.jpg
TD 2.jpg
TD 3.jpg
TD 4.jpg
TD 5.jpg
TD 6.jpg
TD 7.jpg
TD Full View.jpg

Hi S27...welcome to the site.

Without further magnification of the trichs, it's not certain.

Judging by the ones you've posted, I'd agree that they are close but not quite. Then again this can be a subjective decision. I waited til mine were approx 80% cloudy, 10 clear and 10 amber. Works for me :)

I would give them a week but check them daily. It's good practice using the loupe:laughtwo:

Hi S27...welcome to the site.

Without further magnification of the trichs, it's not certain.

Judging by the ones you've posted, I'd agree that they are close but not quite. Then again this can be a subjective decision. I waited til mine were approx 80% cloudy, 10 clear and 10 amber. Works for me :)

I would give them a week but check them daily. It's good practice using the loupe:laughtwo:

Thanks Billotto! Yes I definitely need a loupe lol!
Appreciate the advice. :Namaste:

Welcome. I'd say they just have a bit to go, but it's hard to say without any magnification. A loupe is my most used tool. I use it looking for critters on my plants, and to determine sex and harvest time. Make sure you use the loupe properly. It goes against your eye, and you move the sample to focus with the light behind your sample.

Welcome @S27 nice job! I bet you'll see a fair amount of amber in there already. Knowing how long they've been in flower rather than when they popped through the soil would be more helpful.

If you can stand waiting, wait a bit more...but I'd say you could chop those sucker if you wanted. Cheers, congrats!:yahoo:

Welcome. I'd say they just have a bit to go, but it's hard to say without any magnification. A loupe is my most used tool. I use it looking for critters on my plants, and to determine sex and harvest time. Make sure you use the loupe properly. It goes against your eye, and you move the sample to focus with the light behind your sample.

Hi Bush Doctor! Thanks for the advice! I've never used a loupe but I like to consider myself a quick learner haha. I just ordered this pocket microscope from Amazon.

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

1665094069203.png

Are there any particular loupes you (or others) would recommend? I'd love to get something that I will be able to snap pics with while closely observing the trichomes so that I can share updates here. : )

:ciao:

Welcome @S27 nice job! I bet you'll see a fair amount of amber in there already. Knowing how long they've been in flower rather than when they popped through the soil would be more helpful.

If you can stand waiting, wait a bit more...but I'd say you could chop those sucker if you wanted. Cheers, congrats!:yahoo:

Hey Pbass! The tangerine dream auto has been in flower for approximately 45 days based on my calendar, however she was an eager grower and seemed to move along faster than expected so it's possible that it might be slightly more days in flower.

As badly as I want to harvest her asap (and as little patience as I have lol), I would prefer better quality bud so I have no problem waiting longer. It's been an exciting process watching these plants grow!

Thanks so much for your insight! :circle-of-love:

Hi Bush Doctor! Thanks for the advice! I've never used a loupe but I like to consider myself a quick learner haha. I just ordered this pocket microscope from Amazon.
1665094039918.png

Are there any particular loupes you (or others) would recommend? I'd love to get something that I will be able to snap pics with while closely observing the trichomes so that I can share updates here. : )

:ciao:
I use my geologist loupe. Had it for decades. Just a simple plastic loupe with three 5X lenses. I rarely use all three, as the focal length becomes tough to hold at 15X. 10X is enough for most purposes.

I use my geologist loupe. Had it for decades. Just a simple plastic loupe with three 5X lenses. I rarely use all three, as the focal length becomes tough to hold at 15X. 10X is enough for most purposes.

Good to know, thank you! :thanks:

I've discovered that I do NOT have a steady hand lol! The microscope I ordered from Amazon arrived yesterday and although it works, I can't seem to keep the thing in place and still long enough to see a whole lot. I did spot some amber trichomes though! : )

Soooo...I ordered this yesterday and it just arrived a few minutes ago.
1665093689827.png

I'm hoping this might work out better for me as I won't have to hold my face against the branches lol! I'm gonna go give it a try and will upload a few pics soon.

:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom