Trichomes question

Giantsfan24

So I read here and there that you need to get the trichomes about 50% amber for the most desirable high...

Is that 50% of the trichome itself or is that 50% of them are 100% amber? I've got a 40x microscope and it's a bitch to see just a few of the trichomes much less counting each individual one... :)

What's the story??

:Namaste:

The amount of amber trichs is relative to the type of high you can expect. The more amber trichs you have, the more narcotic (couch lock) the high. Fewer amber trichs produce a more head high than a body stone. Bear in mind that this is a guide, and each strain will have it's own contribution to the type of high. I usually harvest when 25% of the trichs are amber...:)

I don't think you have to be that precise GF. When you look through your scope, just estimate what percentage of the trich's you are seeing are amber, how many are cloudy. You will never be able to do it exactly 50/50 or 75/25, but you will be able to approximate. Hope this helps.

Giants,

I do start checking about two weeks before harvest. I pull off a small bud, and check it out with the microscope. Usually around the last week, I'll start test smoking them.

Even growing from the same mother for the last four harvest, each plant matures at a slightly different time. My sativa has gone from 10 to 14 weeks before I harvested.

Prairie

Giants,

I do start checking about two weeks before harvest. I pull off a small bud, and check it out with the microscope. Usually around the last week, I'll start test smoking them.

Even growing from the same mother for the last four harvest, each plant matures at a slightly different time. My sativa has gone from 10 to 14 weeks before I harvested.

Prairie

Is that because you've gotten better at determining when is the best time to harvest or because the strain is taking longer?

Thanks for that tip..that was exactly what I was looking for..

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom