Trigeminal Neuralgia by Sherrie Toland

Julie Gardener

Trigeminal Neuralgia by Sherrie Toland​

I have trigeminal neuralgia, which is rare. I have it bilaterally, which is very rare indeed.

I have had this since childhood. I'm 40 now. Trigeminal neuralgia is the worst pain known to medicine. I've been diagnosed as suicidal over it. Thank GOD I am now in counseling to deal with T.N. and all its evils.

Bottom line: nothing beats the pain of T.N.

And I've tried everything. Now I'm told none of the surgeries or even the latest and greatest Gamma Knife is likely to work. And since I've had this since childhood, I can understand why it wouldn't. Too little, too late. But I can't understand why I can get prescriptions for opiates on top of opiates and then more and more sedatives and anti depressants. It's enough to drive one crazy.

And the bottom line: marijuana works better than opiates and using it I would not need as many opiates. At the worst in my case, wouldn't marijuana be the lesser of two evils? I truly worry about all the opiates, and I don't want to be an addict. I qualify under the laws of Washington State for a marijuana recommendation. If A trigeminal neuralgia patient with the worst pain on the planet can't get marijuana in the U.S., what hope do we have?

Source: Comments and Observations

Hi Sherrie! Hope by the tie you read this you will have contacted the brilliant surgical team in OHSU in Portland. The top Trigeminal Neuralgia surgeons in the USA. and get that trigeminal fixed! There are many surgical options, gamma knife is just one of the first to try. AND get your medical marijuana card, find a good dispensary and start oil and flower medications soon, soon. The pain, anxiety, seizures and all kinds of relief can be yours. Don't let TN run and ruin your life! Fight back! Meditation, dogs, rest, marijuana, Tegretol & Gabapentin, and lots & lots of lovely cannabis. You will not become "an addict". You will become ore relaxed, happy and pain free! God bless!

Back
Top Bottom