Triggle's Extra Short Breeding Journal - CBD Strain - Frank's Gift 2:1 CBD Mother

Hey 420Mag,

I wanted to post a quick thread about a project I've been working on. It started with a friend of mine getting to know the folks over at the Oregon Microgrowers Guild in Eugene, Oregon. He secured some seeds of Frank's Gift while he was there. We ran the Frank's in a greenhouse setup this year and it performed wonderfully.

We kept clones and had them tested for CBD:THC ratios. Some nice 1:1 phenos and a few 3:2 phenos. We had a 2:1 pheno as well, dubbed "F9" as she was the 9th one we got to as we moved down the line. A few weeks into regrowth (clones taken about 1 week after flowering began), we found spider mites and the clones were all discarded, except for one- F9. She was the first to root in the cloner and was always a few days ahead of the rest of the cuts. Because of this, she was moved into the veg room first, and just before the spider mites hit the rest of them.

So now we had a single female plant that had been slightly re-vegged, we knew it was a 2:1 CBD pheno and we wanted to save it somehow. Saving her was especially important to us as the original line has become no longer available (at least from the guild...I'm sure there are some cuts out there somewhere). THey now carry an S1 version of the Franks called Purple Frank Dawg.

What to do?....We had just popped a pack of Archive gear that included some Grimace OG (Purple Urkel x Face/Off OG)...One of the Grimace males was extra huge and had a skunk funk to him that was very pungent. His fan leaves were nearly 12" across after week 5 of veg. We decided to keep him and use him to breed with the Frank's. Grimace OG is not a CBD strain but it is a purple strain and in the end....it's what we had.

So we did it, and it worked, and we have seeds.....lots of seeds...on the way. We will make a limited supply of them available to OMMP growers and to The Guild in Eugene. Hopefully, folks will find some CBD phenos from the progeny and they will perform well.

Here are a few pictures of her, 2 weeks after pollination (8 days ago).

image5695.jpeg
image5696.jpeg
image5697.jpeg

We expect the progeny to perform well as the Grimace male was very vigorous and the Frank's out-performed everything else in the summer garden. We also have a 2:1 Critical Henry [(Crit Mass x Crit Mass) x Crit Mass] that we will use to hybridize with our new creation once we fish out a CBD rich male from these seeds.

Thank's for stopping by. I'll post more pictures of the mother and of the father when I get them uploaded.

Trig

The Male....Grimace OG originally intended to cross back to our Grimace OG female but we haven't had the best of luck with our grimace girls so we did not do the backcross. The male was around at the time that we were attempting to do a Frank's backcross with Frank's pollen that we harvested from multiple males. That pollen was improperly stored, though, and got moldy. We did not use it for fear of introducing mold to the plant/ grow.

So we turned to the Grimace, cloned it and flowered the clone in a solo cup...here are some pics of them.

IMG_206019.JPG
IMG_195922.JPG
FullSizeRender109.jpg
IMG_204225.JPG
IMG_205523.JPG
IMG_205622.JPG
FullSizeRender_1_25.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_38.jpg

Peace

Trig

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

What? That's it? It's over? :thedoubletake:

Well the plants looked great and good luck with the seeds...

What? That's it? It's over? :thedoubletake:

Well the plants looked great and good luck with the seeds...

I have another post or two to put up in here! The mods got impatient and moved it over to completed journals and I didn't have the energy to ask them to move it back. I'll get some new info in here later on!

Trig

I have another post or two to put up in here! The mods got impatient and moved it over to completed journals and I didn't have the energy to ask them to move it back. I'll get some new info in here later on!

Trig

We move any journal that has not been updated in a month or so. You may continue to post while it is in Completed Journals or have it moved back to Journals in Progress. It is your call.

We move any journal that has not been updated in a month or so. You may continue to post while it is in Completed Journals or have it moved back to Journals in Progress. It is your call.

Haha what a thorough combing of recent posts! I'm impressed BowMod! It wasn't a huge concern so I didn't say anything, I know you guys are always down to move stuff around.

You can leave it here for now :)

Thanks,
Trig

Sup my broham. Grimace just took a load of grimace splouge. Meanwhile o.l. male is dropping wad after wad. That lady should be ready for her money shot in a week or so. :)
Happy daze.

Wuttup broski! That's awesome news buddy. I just got results of 16.9% and 18.8% on my two keepers of lemons...they're nutty stoney! Let me know how those projects progress along the way! I'd love to run them....Just popped the DMS and the BubsxPapaya my dude, thanks again! (I'm experimenting with in-soil germination- i hope it's not a mistake!)

This Franks Gift x Grimace froom this journal yielded me 942 mature seeds!!! I'll get the pics up soon.

P.S.- I've named her Legacy Haze, I'll go into detail in another post.

Peace

Trig

So why the name Legacy Haze?

The Frank's is a special CBD pheno of a Skunk Haze from the CBDcrew that was fished out by Adam Jaques. I named my strain Legacy Haze to make it clear that my goal was to preserve (Legacy) the CBD (Haze) trait of our specific Franks mother plant. As Franks is also a purple strain, the Grimace ends up being a nice pairing due to its Purple Urkle genes but it was coincidental in this case. The Frank's was a fast finisher and the Afghan genes in the Skunk/Urkle/OG lines have locked down those fast flowering times while letting the CBD shine(I typically think sativa when I think CBD, then I think long flowering times).

So that's why it's the Legacy Haze. A one off attempt to save a special plant. I've yet to get any of the Legacy Haze tested for CBD/potency/ratios but after seeing some of the finished flowers, I'm happy to say the worst that I've done is create a tasty new strain thatll get you faded just right. We'll know very soon if the mama bred true and passed on her rare CBD concentrations.

F2's are in the works as the original parents no longer exist.

Nice triggle I have been doing the same type of breeding projects I still have a bit of Pennywise pollen from this last summers grow. I have been searching all over Eugene, Portland, Grants Pass and Salem for landrace strains from back in the day.
I live in the Eugene area. I actually met and worked with a guy that used to grow down in California He moved up to the Eugene area and after awhile he decided to grow again so he called his old grow buddy, he sent some seeds to him, all before any medical programs, when his buddy came to check out the crop he noticed a plant that wasn't one of the phenotypes of his strain, they all loved it and it was super hearty so they named it God back in the early 90's since it was so easy to grow. I'm always trying to talk a few seeds out of him someday he might cough some up. I'm pretty sure it's the original God strain from Humboldt.

Back
Top Bottom