Trimming fan leaves

BudCounselor

420 Member
Is it too early to trim fan leaves? Day 21.

05651035-ABEE-43D4-8F98-9659E82A731F.jpeg

C7A0853E-172B-4045-8CB2-AAEC85926C0E.jpeg

Hi @BudCounselor,

I personally don’t trim my fan leaves in veg. If the plant gets super thick and I’m worried about airflow I may selectively defoliate. I will do a heavier defoliation in flower to remove lower leaves and allow the plant to concentrate its energy on bud sites that are most opportune. I am a fan of low stress training (LST) and topping, but I don’t think that’s what you’re asking? Plants look good!

I'm not a big fan of trimming leaves in veg either. And, I only do it in flower if I have a scrog and need to clear out the bottom leaves/branches, otherwise I let the plants select which ones they don't need and/or are finished with...

My 2 cents :hmmmm: when you defoliate your taking the solar panels that have stored all the food they need to finish off, IMO it doesn't help to take them off to get "more light" to that spot, they're going to grow regardless...let 'em suck it dry

Thanks! Should I do LST now?
Hi @BudCounselor,

I personally don’t trim my fan leaves in veg. If the plant gets super thick and I’m worried about airflow I may selectively defoliate. I will do a heavier defoliation in flower to remove lower leaves and allow the plant to concentrate its energy on bud sites that are most opportune. I am a fan of low stress training (LST) and topping, but I don’t think that’s what you’re asking? Plants look good!

Thanks! Should I do LST now?
Hey @BudCounselor cute girl. I personally don't defoliate especially such a young girl. You could start lst, but personally I'd let her get a bit bigger, happy growing friend.

Back
Top Bottom