Trimming lower autoflower branches?

leafy86

Hi all back with another question. I usually top my autos between day14-21 and only if there healthy. My question is I see a lot of pics of people cutting the bottom stems off to put more power into the main colas. How and when do you do this. Any advice please.

Lollypopping? I only have run photos but you just clean up the branches and leaves to wherever you want to start sending the extra growth, I've been told 4th or 5th node from the end is where to do it but its your preference I guess eh? I've had some problem plants I've trimmed right up to the top couple nodes so they looked like poodle plants, omg they go nuts for that crap I dunno why I don't do it more. Not sure on autos but seems like the same concepts would apply as long as you had time for regrowth before bud starts.

Lollypopping? I only have run photos but you just clean up the branches and leaves to wherever you want to start sending the extra growth, I've been told 4th or 5th node from the end is where to do it but its your preference I guess eh? I've had some problem plants I've trimmed right up to the top couple nodes so they looked like poodle plants, omg they go nuts for that crap I dunno why I don't do it more. Not sure on autos but seems like the same concepts would apply as long as you had time for regrowth before bud starts.
I read on here somewhere that you do it as soon as you see the flowers start.Thanks for the reply.

On autos I top and clear cut when I get 5 nodes. Day 14-21. 6th node if I do a sixline.

Attachments

• DSCN2278 (2).JPG
    DSCN2278 (2).JPG
    848.7 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN2344 (2).JPG
    DSCN2344 (2).JPG
    822.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN2413 (2).JPG
    DSCN2413 (2).JPG
    786.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN2640.JPG
    DSCN2640.JPG