Trimming machine

I can't remember the name but I'm pretty sure it's European.Hope that helps,I think it's a awesome trimmer as far as what I've seen anyway.

A shoe box, a few razor blades (razor knifes), a 1" or larger "AUGER" bore style drill bit and a "CLEAN" shop vac.

( if my camera worked I would upload pics)

cut a hole in the top of the shoe box (or strong box of that size) the length of the drill bit, and just about a 16th to 1/8th wider than the bit.. Tape the blades (the long snap off cheap style blades work best) to the top of the box along the hole, exposing the sharp bits.

cut hole in one side of box just big enough for you vac hose and tape it in, cut a hole in the other side of the box large enough to insert the drill bit (while attached to a drill, cordless ones work best because they can typically stand on their own), make sure everything is level and stable, you may need to stand the box on some books, or use some clamps to make sure everything stays steady. and turn on both the drill (highest speed you got) and the vac.

take buds to trim and rotate them over the spinning bit and the blade, being very carefull not to cut too close, and being even more carefull of your fingers.

vac will suck up shake and you will be left with trimmed buds.

when done you can collect the shake (freeze the hose and knock out the tricombs caught inside) and make hash.

enjoy.

A shoe box, a few razor blades (razor knifes), a 1" or larger "AUGER" bore style drill bit and a "CLEAN" shop vac.

( if my camera worked I would upload pics)

cut a hole in the top of the shoe box (or strong box of that size) the length of the drill bit, and just about a 16th to 1/8th wider than the bit.. Tape the blades (the long snap off cheap style blades work best) to the top of the box along the hole, exposing the sharp bits.

cut hole in one side of box just big enough for you vac hose and tape it in, cut a hole in the other side of the box large enough to insert the drill bit (while attached to a drill, cordless ones work best because they can typically stand on their own), make sure everything is level and stable, you may need to stand the box on some books, or use some clamps to make sure everything stays steady. and turn on both the drill (highest speed you got) and the vac.

take buds to trim and rotate them over the spinning bit and the blade, being very carefull not to cut too close, and being even more carefull of your fingers.

vac will suck up shake and you will be left with trimmed buds.

when done you can collect the shake (freeze the hose and knock out the tricombs caught inside) and make hash.

enjoy.

HUH? I think I need a visual! Get a camera!lol

hahah... as soon as I get my camera working (or a new one) I'll get some pics up. I read about it somewhere... it was just a small blurb. And I thought.. hey that could work... started playing around with it and made it happen. I will say that a regular cardboard shoe box is a one use item... it takes some abuse. I plan on making a box from wood to use next. I'll have a camera by then.

hahah... as soon as I get my camera working (or a new one) I'll get some pics up. I read about it somewhere... it was just a small blurb. And I thought.. hey that could work... started playing around with it and made it happen. I will say that a regular cardboard shoe box is a one use item... it takes some abuse. I plan on making a box from wood to use next. I'll have a camera by then.

Please do follow up when you get a camera!

:Rasta:

I most certainly will... It may be a while though. I;m in between projects, and money is not as plentiful as it has been.

I've been thinking along the same lines, using a plastic food storage container and perhaps mounting an old fan motor to the side to rotate the drill bit (I don't imagine it needs much torque). I really wasn't thinking in terms of hooking a vac up to it, figured I'd just empty the container when it starts to fill up. Planning on putting something together in the near future to try out with my next harvest. If I come up with a working model, I'l post pics.

Use Hair clippers dudes, adjustable blades etc and start at about 30 bucks not 500!

I would like to hear more details about the hair clipper method of trimming.
Do you have to clean the cutter blades frequently?
It seems like it would get gummed up pretty quickly.

Do you use one of the height spacers on the cutter head or just the bare blades?

Back
Top Bottom