Trimming question.

KJM

I'm about ready to harvest, and this is my first time growing. my question is on trimming the buds. I've decided to dry trim and am just wondering how picky I need to be about removing the sugar leaves. Do I just trim them in even with the buds or do I try to dig in and get the sugar leaves off right into the stem?

It depends on the end result you are looking for - I personally don't trim too close because it takes a lot of time, I don't care what they look like and they all end up in the same place anyway. I trim wet because everything is still standing up and then I bud wash. That's just me - you will get a variety of responses. Good luck!!! :ciao:

I had an unsupported smaller branch break off Friday, so it cut that and wet trimmed it today. You are right, it does take a lot of time! Whats the purpose of a bud wash and how do you do it? Also if you wet trim do you still get kief thru a screen in a trim tray or is everything too sticky?

I don’t trim to close either. I also dry and wet trim. I always remove larger leaves and ensure no buds are touching or to tight against one another. I’ve had a few to close together and mold appear.
To answer your fan leaf question. I find it easier to to deal with the remaining stem portions after it’s dry. Like @greenjeans said, it all ends of in the same place anyways :ganjamon:

If you wet trim i guess you have to dry the trim to get kief thru a screen? Too sticky otherwise?

Back
Top Bottom