Trimming Roots?

jaspertodd

Ok i almost finished with my 1st grow.I grew in a 20 gallon rubbermad storage bin.
But my 2nd grow iam gonna use a fllood and drain table.So what happens to the roots when they grow threw the block of rockwool??Do you just let them grow onto the table?Or do they actualy stay in the block of rockwool?Iam very confused??I tried watching vids on youtube but no one went in to depth on the subject?And iam getting no replys.

Ok i almost finished with my 1st grow.I grew in a 20 gallon rubbermad storage bin.
But my 2nd grow iam gonna use a fllood and drain table.So what happens to the roots when they grow threw the block of rockwool??Do you just let them grow onto the table?Or do they actualy stay in the block of rockwool?Iam very confused??I tried watching vids on youtube but no one went in to depth on the subject?And iam getting no replys.

Let me first preface my response with the fact that I'm not a hydro guy. That said I've studied it and I don't think trimming the roots is something you want to do.

I've seen many, many hydro journals here with root zones that are off the charts. I've never heard or seen of anyone pruning roots.

I have heard of "air pruning" of certain pots like smart pots, air pots, etc. But that is a gradual natural process not active like grabbing a root and cutting it.

Just my take...

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom