Triple Cheese Clone Grow With Ebb & Flow

BTzGrow

Starting a new journal is always an exciting moment for me. Lots of hard work has gone into planning the grow, getting everything ready, putting everything together, and then actually making it happen.

To start I will be using an Ebb & Flow technique and process for feeding the grow.
Nutrient mix initially will consist of the following nutrients. Epsom Salt, General Hydroponics CALiMAGic 1-0-0, Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt 0-0-3, and Dyna-Gro Grow 7-9-5. I will be using RO WAter. I will detail the amounts and ppm readings in a following post.

Grow Media will be 100% Perlite # 3 I think is the size. Containers are the GroPro 7x7x9 pots.

Light initially will be a 100watt DIY HLG Quantum Board. I have had one previous excellent grow with an Auto UK cheese that yielded approximately 2oz. It was a beautiful issue free grow and I used the light 24hr/7days for the entire grow.

I'm starting the grow in a hand me down 2x2x4 tent @FelipeBlu gifted me. He's my mentor in all things grown green. In fact he turned me onto the Ebb&Flow idea and process. I will be using a blower and pulling fresh air in through a side screened panel opening that is close to the bottom and venting out through the top.

Feeding will be controlled by a separate AC timer that will control the 160GPM submersible pump at the bottom of the reservoir. I have a Air Stone system in place in the reservoir to provide oxygenation to the nutrient mix.

Regard the nutrient mix, initially I have a goal of keeping the reservoir pH at between 5.5 and 6, with a goal of attempting to maintain it around 5.75ph. Nutrient level initially until the plants demonstrate they have hit bottom of the pots will be around 400-425. Once they kickoff with their growing I will increase it to between 500-600ppm levels during the Veg cycle.

In approximately two-three weeks I plan on moving the grow operation into my larger Gorilla Grow Lite 2x2.5x6'7" tent. Once there the lighting will change from the 100watt Quantum board to a Perfect Sun Mini which is rated at 120watts AC from the wall. More on that when it happens.

So this is the start of an exciting new growing technique and method using my favorite growing media perlite.

This grow will focus on 4 Triple Cheese clones taken from my current 6th Grow - Triple Cheese just before flipping. The clones have been doing well and have produced plenty of roots out the bottom and sides of the Root Riots plugs I like to use. Clonex Rooting Gel along with Clonex Solution mixed very weakly at the start of my process. This picture taken about a week after the cuttings were taken.

This picture taken today as I began to process of selecting which four I would use in the grow.
The follow pictures are of the individual clones in their root riots being placed into the Hempy Bucket 100% Perlite media.
As you can see three weeks is a nice period for generating lots of roots.

I used some really nice pots brother @FelipeBlu found at his local hydro store made by GroPro. They are basically made just for doing some form of Hydro grow including Ebb&Flow.
Here you can see them placed in the clear tray that sits above the reservoir. The first shows the tray empty and ready to fill. The second shows the tray completely full to the overflow drains.

The pump will fill to that level and actually only one drain is enough to drain without filling any higher. The second one is basically a little over protection. Wouldn't want only one drain and it have a clog. Oh the mess! Besides making a huge mess, it could also create an issue where the reservoir would empty itself before shutting off and I would have to make more at perhaps a most inopportune time. Let alone the idea if I go away for a few days and don't have the ability to check on it. I'm currently looking for an internet based camera that I can mount in the tent to oversee things while not present.

I have a few more pictures of the process of creating the reservoir and tray. I will work towards creating a DIY journal for that build. Over all I'm very pleased with engineering that came out of my research to build this Ebb&Flow system.

Looks like you have a great start. I am a big fan of the Cheese strains. Triple Cheese is one I have wanted to try. I have a freebie of it that will be started someday. Good luck can't wait to watch and see how it goes. Even if you do grow hydro LMAO.
Thanks for the encouragement. I really got hooked on cheese after growing the UK Cheese Auto from Humboldt Seeds. If this cheese gives me the same pleasure of taste and high I will be extremely happy.

I know I drifted over into the dark side. But in the interest of science and attempting make life simpler, we shall see what this Ebb&Flow Experience is like. The tough part is getting them through the initial stage and hitting some moisture in the perlite. I'm augmenting some by pouring some of the flood down from the top and wetting the root riot a couple of times a day.

Awesome can’t wait to see how they turn out.

:passitleft:
Thanks buddy, I'm excited to give the Triple Cheese another shot and see if I can control the grow and train them better.

High Times ahead for sure. :ganjamon:

Hey @BTzGrow, i'll join in for the show! :nomo::passitleft:
Cheese varieties are my favorite, and iv'e never done a ebb flow grow so i'll keep an close eye.

Hey @BTzGrow, i'll join in for the show!
Cheese varieties are my favorite, and iv'e never done a ebb flow grow so i'll keep an close eye.
This will hopefully be a fun experiment. We will all learn something together on this. I used clones so I wouldn't use expensive seeds in case things go upside down. I'm really hoping this does well as it would reduce the amount of time I spend watering each week. I also would like to have a system in place that I could leave for a long weekend and not be concerned about.

I'm in as long as I can't smell the cheese :).
I understand you have an aversion to anyone cutting the cheese around ya. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

If you are a fan of the UK Cheese you may also want to try Greenhouse Exodus Cheese. It is by far my favorite. It could be he happiest weed I have grown. From what I hear the UK is a little more on the indica side than the Exodus is. If you don't find what you want in the Triple you should give it a try. Low priced considering how good the high is.

Thanks for sharing that option. I looked it up and found it to be about 60/40 Indica Dom with a proposed 18-19%THC. Nice numbers. A very nice mid-range as you say Happy High.

The Barney's Triple Cheese an 80% indica and 20% sativa and supposed to be in the 22%THC range, we will see.

The Uk Cheese is a 75% Indica / 25% Sativa with at 13-16% THC range. I don't know, but this stuff can kick my butt some times.

It may be a while before I buy more plants. If you are considering buying some of the Exodus, let me know and perhaps we could go in on some together.

:ganjamon:

I'm tracking my reservoir ppm levels each day and seeing a slight rise each day. The pH of the reservoir feed is also seeing a slight rise there also.

So today I added 2liters of RO pH'd to about 5.5. That lowered the ppm down close to the starting point a couple of days ago and readjusted the pH of the reservoir to the level I'm trying to maintain of 5.75.

I was able to lower the internal temp yesterday by adding a monkey fan to blow over the quantum board and a vent pulling air out just above the quantum board. Also added a timer today to start turning off the light for 6hrs during the afternoon to early evening hours. Will see if that in addition to reducing the temp with the fan and ventilation out has much of an impact on the reservoir levels.

Interesting process.

I'm in a interesting point with this grow in the moment. I waiting for the roots to get down to a level that they will be drinking easily from the moisture that is being created by the Ebb and Flow.

I've had to really be on the numbers so far with this effort. A couple of days ago, I drained 3gallons of the nute mix out and replaced with pH'd water only. I was having issues with the PPM rising to levels that I felt might be too high for seedling clones. I was seeing some major clawing on some of the leaves and my understanding is that is attributed to too high of a Nitrogen level.

I have dropped the ppm level down to around 300 in the moment.

Regarding pH levels, the pH seems to rise some each day to a little over 6.0 and I readjust it back down to 5.75. Today, I pushed the number down close to 5.5 and see if I can stay below 6 for tomorrow.

A side project in the moment. I still had 4 clones left from my initial cuttings. Today I put them in small Solo Cup size stadium cups with holes at the 1.5inche level. I'm kinda doing it as a back up to the clones in the Ebb&Flow system. I wanted to move them out of the propagation tray, yet keep them in the Seedling/Clone Tote with the single T5 blue bulb. Feeding them with a full strength mix of Clonex Solution @ 6.0pH.

A quick picture of the little side project of four clones in the little SoloCup sized Stadium cups.

I can be such a hoarder when it comes to certain things. I just hate throwing how beautiful little plants I have put effort into. Perhaps some of my local friends with adopt a couple.

Yesterday later in the afternoon I discovered quite to my delight that I had some what I consider major new growth. All four of the clones in this Ebb & Flow appear to have reached a point of receiving nourishment on a regular basis.

As you can see from the lower leaves I was have some very serious concerns leading up to this point. I believe I have a viable grow happening now. yeah! Next move will be in a few days, perhaps on Sunday when I move the operation into my smaller 2x2.5x6'7" Gorilla Grow Tent with a Perfect Sun Mini LED light. I'll do a drain of the current nutrient solution and that will make the process much easier and reduce the accident potential and required cleanup.

I'm going to call this point the beginning of Week One as of July 25th. My intent is to veg for at least 4weeks depending on the growth. Since these will be working within a very specific space they can't spread out too much. I will be topping and LST spreading out to get hopefully some amount of Sea of Green going. I'm excited now.

Hey BTz! Looking good in there. Things are warming up now, looking forward to seeing some good growth coming from these girls now! :yahoo:

Made a move this morning from the small veg tent over to the 2x2.5GGT. Drained the reservoir of about 3.5 gallons and once moved filled with 7 gallons. While I was at it I replaced the drain hose with a clear tube. I have a valve but as you can see here if it's open you can actually see the level of the fluid in the reservoir.
A pipe cleaner to hold it up vertical.

While filling with fresh nutrient water mix I measured with a small dowel at each gallon level. A good backup and perhaps more accurate.

A picture of each pair located on each side of the tray shows great progress with growing. It would appear that the roots have gotten low enough to be drinking regularly.
I trimmed the bottom yellowing leaves after the pictures so will get a good idea of the health after this.

I currently have the timer set to flood every 2.5 hours. I will slow that down some as shows progress. I want the roots to spread out as the are seeking water for their demand.

Part of the move also puts these plants under a single Perfect Sun Mini that is currently hanging 30inches above the tops of the plants. Company recommends that distance for the first 7days to allow the plants to adapt to the wavelengths and intensity. Neal hasn't failed me yet. Love these Mini's.

Yep the new growth is looking healthy :high-five: these girls are gonna be big before we know it!

August the 1st and these little clones are flourishing very nicely.
Compared with three days ago it's obvious they are feeding nicely and responding well to the light.

They are on an 18/6 schedule and the Mini will be lowered to about 24inches on Sunday after giving these little ones some time to adjust to the spectrum and intensity of the light.

Back
Top Bottom