Skybound's Journal

I think I see Teddy Roosevelt hiding in there? somewhere... Hope the left doesn't come after bud shops.. otherwise,,, they woo just seal it............. fatter your plants, the more it's needed in Chaz...........

I watched that run from Cali with 1% clubs taken patches off and want to ride pony ride,,, straight thru Seattle.............. On te 4th........... I think the proud boys will show also.. But even without them Bikers for Trump-like to stomp first talk later they will work things out...................????????

I think I see Teddy Roosevelt hiding in there? somewhere... Hope the left doesn't come after bud shops.. otherwise,,, they woo just seal it............. fatter your plants, the more it's needed in Chaz...........

I watched that run from Cali with 1% clubs taken patches off and want to ride pony ride,,, straight thru Seattle.............. On te 4th........... I think the proud boys will show also.. But even without them Bikers for Trump-like to stomp first talk later they will work things out...................????????

I saw a post on social media yesterday that depited a bunch of pale thin soy fed fem ANTIFA boys bragging that they took some training to learn how to punch Nazis and now they're ready to go try out their new Nazi punching skills. If all of them clubs ride up for the 4th and them fem boys step to the plate, there's going to be so much damn knock out footage flooding the internet that it'll take days to watch it all.

nazipunch.png

I'm relentlessly recycling the peat

Hmmm why don’t I do this I wonder. Some pro gardeners told me the peat moss is really only good for a season and starts to break down and lose its water retention qualities, etc. Clearly not completely true because the high-brixers get away with it.

Hmmm why don’t I do this I wonder. Some pro gardeners told me the peat moss is really only good for a season and starts to break down and lose its water retention qualities, etc. Clearly not completely true because the high-brixers get away with it.

I think the brixers only go 4 or 5 rounds. FWIW, I sent my last year's peat soil out to the yard to grow some veggies in pots and notice that the soil is rather airy, so maybe it can't retain as much water after a time? IDK or care because whatever the issue, I can just adjust the ferts as needed, lol.

How's things up on top of the world?

Well- two friends I know who garden professionally and definitely know a lot of stuff once told me that the peat moss/perlite mixes are really done after a season. So ever since I was told that (many years ago) my approach has always been to compost the stuff after one grow. Looks like I could save myself some money and effort.

Things are good! I’ve been out on the water a lot. The fishing is so awesome now without all the sporties and tourists around. Have been stocking the freezer- smoking and canning salmon, getting a few deer, trying to keep up with all the harvests and gardening,etc.
The bigger boat, while it’s enabled us to catch large amounts of fish, comes with so many new learning challenges. Mostly fun ones. . Basically this time of year it’s always hard for me to get inside to where my Internet access is before I’m too brain dead to find anything smart to say, lol.

I will update my journal! Trust me it’s on my mind every day. I keep trying.

How are things in America? You guys get me a little worried sometimes...

We're about to rip each other to pieces down here, but hopefully it doesn't get that out of hand. Sounds like you're firing on all cylinders up there. Have you researched making fish hydrolysate or burying fish is the ground? The natives taught the pilgrims this when they first got over here. I think the reason I can reuse the peat is because I use it like a soilless medium and don't reply on it to retain anything more than roots. After a harvest and chopping the plant right to the ground, I flip the can over a tote, peel off the fabric pot, and poke the root mass a shit load of times with these shelf cuts to loosen the peat from the roots and gently comb and poke as much peat as I can loosen from the roots, and am able to mostly get it down to the main bunch of roots so that what's left behind has minimal roots left in it.

This lock down made certain things harder to locate for me. Perlite was one of those things. Normally I could shoot up to Home Depot that was 3 miles away and grab a 2 cubic foot bag of perlite for $18, now they no longer stock that at my local store and had to order it over the internet. IDK what sized perlite you use, but I don't know how to reclaim my perlite if I needed to, so if my peat ever stopped working, I think I'd probably just throw it all out and start over. Mixing 3 cubic feet of dried peat is no easy task when done n a bedroom, so when I do it, I want it to last for months and months. I wish I was this frugal when I was buying $40 bags of rockwool frequently, though if I could ever go back to hydro, I would probably just use big stone perlite like Tead does. But generally speaking, my grow is fantastic. I use very little electricity and water and all other aspects are paid for. Making nutes and reusing the $25 medium has my only expense to be the utilities and still taking 1 plant every week. I'm even weeding out the GSC and A Purple because they don't yield well and will focus my attention on the cheese, Bulk and PC till I can get another seed order.

ther than that, there's not much to say. Everyday and every week it's the same routine. Take clones, then harvest, take clones then harvest, take clones then harvest. I look forward to your journal update.

IMG_20200714_173845352.jpg

Edit - sorry, I forgot to include the pic of the shelf cuts

Though I'll keep lurking in the shadows, I'd say my journaling days are done. My grow is doing great, but every week I start new clones and harvest a medium sized plant and everything is just rinse and repeat. If any'a'yous get bored and want to talk nutrients and PPM and all that crap, stop by my HydroBuddy thread and we'll chew some fat, otherwise, happy growing and thanks for contributing to my journals.

Back
Top Bottom