Skybound's Journal

At least your buds are big, and I assume smelly. Should be a great harvest. I know, I always try to "fix" what appears to be wrong with a grow, always tinkering. Maybe good, maybe not, but it's our way! Cheers

Triacontanol. Experiments begin right away @ 25ppm foliar spray. I'm going to spray all my young PCs and the Em Dog seedling. I plan to spray once a week unless I read or observe anything that makes me want to space that out more. This stuff is like concentrated alfalfa tea that should greatly enhance photosynthesis and possibly make more shoots and sites. Just general overall enhanced growth speed. The PC I just want to speed up just a bit and the Em Dog I am paranoid will not be a yielder and I am juggling too many things to risk a bad round.

Mixing Triacontanol.jpg

For future researchers, when mixing, I tried 5ml, then 3ml then 1ml and next batch will be 1/2ml. The scooper that comes with I believe is a 1/16 TSP scooper, and 2 level ones makes one gallon of 25ppm. It absolutely does not matter how much polysorbate is used, the only math that needs consideration is ppm and finish volume of water. The more polysorbate, the harder it is to heat and dissolve the fatty alcohol. A 1/2ml would be plenty enough, yet still so little that I could heat it up quickly. I also recommend first adding the polysorbate, then the triacontanol. Going powder first as shown in the pic doesn't work b/c the polysorbate doesn't penetrate the powder and it will burn if heated first. I'm keeping that stuff in a drawer hoping it eventually blends together so it can be heated.

My timing is starting to get out of whack. I'm putting one in when the next just started to stretch. I hope the next chop is late to take back some of them days. It looks like I'll get that wish as that thick canopy of popcorn was full grown when I put her into bloom so I only let her stretch like 6 inches then I started snipping branches and bending over tops to piss her off enough to halt the stretch. The only problem now is that she has too many brnaches and too many buds and every time I open that room I get hit with a wave of high humidity. I can't really do anything but ride it out. I opened her middle about as much as I can w/o stressing her to hermie (fingers crossed)

A before and after shot

and the middle aged one will soon be stretching wide and I get to test my wall netting. I so hope I can stop using yoyos, they are so not good for me.

And I added some frass to my tea. I was fortunate enough to have gotten a test bag and so far I'm loving it.

Steamy.jpg
Before and after.jpg
just started to stretch.jpg
Great White Frass Tea.JPG

How long do you let it leach before you turn the air on?

I just snapped that pic because I hadn't turned up the air yet and the black cloud began to float itself out into the water and it just looked cool so I tossed it into the montage.

Sittin' in. Reminds me of the title of an old Jim Messina and Kenny Loggins album.

Anyway...I won't understand much about what you're doing over here but I do love to see 'em grow.

Glad to have ya tuned in Jim, though I disagree and believe we all speak the same lingo, just different dialects, lol. At any rate, welcome aboard!

I've found if you got a strain that tends to do too much of the stretch,, I use a MH bulb for the first 7-10 days. And zero Nitrogen... That's if I have a flip going,, that being all the same time....

Does it help??? Hell if I know,, but does seem to help.........

And they say the same for a finishing light,, bluer the better??????

Congrats on the harvest.

Thanks Wood. I don't really have a problem with the stretch, it was just that the super bushy plant was way too big coming out of veg, so when I put her into bloom, she only had about 1' of head room to stretch into. Also, she is the last of her line. I'm keeping the shorter pheno PC, and running some new strains and also changing my nutrient regimen in my quest to grow high brix cannabis in hydro. Though I just sprayed some plant steroids on a couple, so maybe I will see extremely vigorous growth in a few days or so, we'll see, lol.

Highya Sky,

Did you spray that mix on the leaves? That was a nice batch of amendments you put together. Seems like they should've gone in your growing medium. Mycos are for roots. I'm guessing you know that, just wondering what's going on. Cheers

Highya Sky,

Did you spray that mix on the leaves? That was a nice batch of amendments you put together. Seems like they should've gone in your growing medium. Mycos are for roots. I'm guessing you know that, just wondering what's going on. Cheers

The tea pictured above goes into the roots about every 2-3 days, I'm a microbe junky. Normal people that use it in hydro only do so about once a week, unless in DWC then it's gotta be very frequent.

I'm also studying how to improve my brix levels as well as identifying an ideal nutrient regimen that grows perfect plants, but getting high brix also aims to grow perfect plants, so I incorporated higher brix into my goals. That said, I'm in the process of concocting a formula of calcium&magnesium with most of the micros, as well as most of my organics to mix into a foliar spray to begin doing that about once every 7-10 days till about 2/3 into flower. The objective is to get important micro nutes into the upper level of the canopy to grow nutrient dense(er) buds as well as to improve energy production.

On top of those 2 things, I also started using Triacontanol which is a plant hormone that greatly increases several things in plant growth, so it's basically our equivalent to steroids or HGH to be more precise. This is to be applied via foliar every 2 weeks, so I am considering mixing it right into the micro spray, or to keep it separate and just spray both contents at the same time and mix them on the leaf. I will use the TC on most plants, but not the Gorilla Glues as I expect they will do perfectly fine on their own.

I got a lot going on at the same time.

You do have a lot going on! I remember you were trying to get a higher brix in hydro. Interesting about the Triacontanol. Do you need more bud sites, or bigger plants? Just curious. I grow outdoors (my perspective), so I have to top several times a grow, or keep the stepladder in the garden. And I use native (indigenous) flora for nutes, and homemade compost. As much fun for me, as mixing the exact mixture to feed your ladies. Cheers

You do have a lot going on! I remember you were trying to get a higher brix in hydro. Interesting about the Triacontanol. Do you need more bud sites, or bigger plants? Just curious. I grow outdoors (my perspective), so I have to top several times a grow, or keep the stepladder in the garden. And I use native (indigenous) flora for nutes, and homemade compost. As much fun for me, as mixing the exact mixture to feed your ladies. Cheers

Do I need more bud sites? Of course, who wouldn't want more bud? Well not so much with the strains I'm growing, but there are strains I will not grow due to poor yields, so to have TC on hand, I would be more likely to invest in better quality smoke but generally poor yielders. Triacontanol is known to do lots of great things in canna or other plants from thicker branches and leaves, more chlorophyll and increased photosynthesis, increased uptake and faster growth, more branches, more buds, bigger buds and faster root development. I already am trying to improve all of those areas anyways, but I think with the TC I will be able to skip past any short comings. This might skew my other tests for a while and I'm fine with settling for vigorous growth and nutrient stability for the time being. I can always stop using the tria for like a month to verify my nute ratios and concentrations.

I gotta read WTF TriA whatever it is is???? Whore-moan or what............... PGR? Things I used in the past that did work with things like stretch and stacking. They outlawed that stuff.. Least in the pot world........... But I'm jumping in before seein how deeps the water,,, amid convo... SO I bet read,, and might be able to remove foot... Least I hope... I was just driving thru looking for pictures?????

I gotta read WTF TriA whatever it is is???? Whore-moan or what............... PGR? Things I used in the past that did work with things like stretch and stacking. They outlawed that stuff.. Least in the pot world........... But I'm jumping in before seein how deeps the water,,, amid convo... SO I bet read,, and might be able to remove foot... Least I hope... I was just driving thru looking for pictures?????

Triacontanol is a natural Plant Growth Regulator that has been extracted from I think alfalfa, or maybe beeswax that recently caught my eye, so I put it into the "used to be nutes" budget. It's a white powder that gets cooked in a laboratory beaker with some polysorbate like free base. Once the powder dissolves, the process is repeated to dissolve the polysorbate into water than it could be used as a foliar or dilluted way down for root application. It is compared to auxins and kelp meal, but clearly is less popular and is being raked over the coals for being a PGR and the Organic Growers INSIST that all PGRs are bad.

Edit - sorry, no new pics. Nothing good is happening at the moment. Not implying something bad, just that nothing good.

While we are on this subject - have you ever looked at chitosan?

Just like an "in passing" kind of study. I know it's the product chitin is derivved from, it's also the major ingredient in frass which I now use in my tea and will be sending up north very soon as I can easily get more. I haven't yet read what major benefits can be gained from using it despite using it, lol. For me, I was just interested in trying some EWC in my tea, but when at the hydro store, I noticed the bag also said frass on it, so I asked about it, and once I told the guy I couldn't afford it then, he gave me a couple cups from an opened bag he has. That guy has given me so many sample over the years. It's awesome to have someone like that in your corner.

I see. I didn’t know what frass is. Don’t know much about chitosan either, other than that I use it for settling and clarifying wine. A member named VillageIdiot likes to go on about it as a sort of secret weapon of his. Says it stimulates the buds to produce more resin based on their response to the chitin (bug shells) because they (the plants) think they’re under attack.

Back
Top Bottom