Skybound's Journal

Some pics from Veg. The only Girl Scout Cookies looks decent. I almost damped all of them off, so I alternate between a top feed squirt and a bottom feed leaching squirt from day to day. This seems to keep the bottom of the cube wet for the roots and the top of it moist to dry. However, both of the Ayahuasca Purple seedlings are still sitting perfectly still and not growing much. They're still alive, have good light, and decent airflow, yet they just lay there looking straight busted! I wish they'd shit or get off the pot already so I can focus on other things. I plan to start new beans again really soon. Incredible Bulk, OG Kush, maybe that one freebie with the Skunk in it? These APs are holding things up, lol.

I also got the last 2 plants that were in the cloth bags potted up to plastic pots. One is in a 7 gal air pot and I presume I will just bloom her out in that starting in like 4 days. Those 2 gallon fabric pots suck balls! Already I learned I don't want to be delicate when digging rootballs out of them bag. That is such a PITA. The roots get super plentiful and super fine though so they both had very nice and dense root balls.

air pot glue.jpg
mid pot glue.jpg
Ugle APs side.jpg
ugle APs top.jpg

Looking good in here brother :high-five: .... Saturday night and I'm just chilling with Dankwoman. Maybe another episode of American horror story tonight :hookah:

I'm marathonning Rescue Me, lol. I think shows from that era are the best.

Here's the hangers I designed for my COBs to hang from. I'll get small eye bolts to hang from the center hole, then use paracord on a pulley for height adjustment. I also need to wait till I j have some funds to buy more wire to build a wire harness, but essentially, I'd like the ability to individually adjust the height of each COB around the circumference of the center light fixture. I will also want to route all of the hanger cords to the outside of the room so I could adjust all of the heights from outside the room. IDK if I will need the ability to do that, but it's my experience that every other time I needed to adjust light height that it was a pain to deal with. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the ratchet hangers? But if I'm going through the hassle of routing the 16 cords for the 16 COBs, I might as well do 2 more for the center fixture.

Rev 2 Hanger1.jpg
Rev 2 Hanger2.jpg

Thanks sticky! Having this printer really enables my inner tinkerer to come to life and have fun. These things are just so damned useful!

Highya SB,

Love the ingenuity in you cob brackett design. Simple but it works! Love the tinkering spirit! Cheers

I could see how a guy could almost get hooked on that just making all kinds of gadgets im sure its fun too when you see the finished product! :)

You have no idea. I wish these things were invented in the 60s when ideas were a lot more mechanical. but yeah, every fleeting thought I have that can be expressed in 3 dimensions and fits inside of an 8 inch cube, I can make into reality. Brackets galore, custom sized things, I also use it to map out drill holes for things I want to make. It makes great templates and can reproduce all geometry so if you needed a custom angle printed for speed cutting lumber, you got it! Of course it takes a measure of computer savyness, especially for the CAD program(s), but the app that configures the printer ("slicer") is fairly straight forward and limited. It takes months to get very accustomed to the slicer app, but once you do, then that's knowledge that can be applied to other brands of slicers. A lot of people like to print artsy things such as superhero masks, or action figures, weapon upgrades, but another cool thing they can make is something called "lithophanes" which prints a 3D positive of a photo so you can view it with light shined from behind. Here's a random image I pulled off the net to show what a lithophane is. All that's needed is a black&white photo, and the slicer does the rest. FYI, it takes upwards of 15 hours to print one litho. The faster you print, the worse the quality gets so to make something nice, ya gotta print it slow.

il_570xN.1171749100_8c5r.jpg

I just had a peak into Veg and noticed the Ayahuasca Purple is finally starting to grow. They're both growing the same way characteristically, but the other has smaller growths. The both started as a tri-leaf and now appear to be growing a paired main top, so 2 tops from the first node of true leafs. It's weird, but it's as if the plant was pre-topped and I have 2 new nodes, except that it's starting out that way. It's trippy, but like I said, both plants are growing the same way.

AP paired new growth.jpg

the possibilities are endless :) is that you and your wife and kids:)

I wish! Sadly pro-choice does not give any say to the men involved and as a result, both my would be children were taken from me. No, that was just a random image I grabbed from the web to show you what a lithophane is. If you search lithophane, then click images, you'll see that and many other images depicting the same.

That dude looks like he could be a mad scientist :laugh:

yeah he does. He looks like a younger Walter White, lol.

I played with rock wool for abit,, but I too was getting too many damp offs.

If I needed a plug I'd opt for rapid rooters. Less damping-off and still works great for hydro or soil..

That glue you unglued.. I've had to rip more than one fabric pots from plants. Done easily,,, NP

Some strange-looking seedling poles..

Plants look good tho,,, Keepem Green

I think I about have veg dialed in more or less. I have several of 5 stages of veg growth that taper off to a single of the oldest. I took one last week, one last night and this Gglue (2 pics) goes into bloom in 6 days. I just cleaned her undersides and will likely transplant to a 10gal fabric pot tomorrow.

next up 2.jpg
Next up.jpg

The next biggest one that is earmarked for bloom the week after doesn't look so hot. I suspect all of the yellowing in micro nutrient related and I've been cheating by adding a short dose of Megacrop's micro mix I have on hand just to get some copper and iron into the soil. I will have to put more thought into my soil amendments. It's a work in progress, lol.

one after.jpg

Here's one I got last night of bloom before the HID popped on. It will likely be better than a week before I get any of my COBs lit up. I need to buy a bunch of connectors and cabling to build the wire harnesses, plus some other hardware, but I might be able to stitch some scraps together to get a couple lights lit before then, but I'll have to see what I can do now with what I have on hand. I probably won't update too much till I get all of them COBs lit back up as the HID light color is just too tough for snapping pics which is already my weak suit.

Ebloom.jpg

your grow looks good but this glue is doing very well is this a seed or clone sorry for asking I should no this your med patients are going to like this one!

That one is from clone stock. I've had the Glue and the Em Dog alive for about 4-6 months now and the Pineapple Chunk for about a year. The PC yields OK, but the other 2 are light yielders. That won't be a problem soon, but it has been when I was only taking a plant every 3 weeks.

There's some nice frost on that one! Is that the room you were just working on

That decently frosty one is the Em Dog. I thought it would be bigger by now, but it's doing Ok and will only need to hold me over for 2 weeks. The big one to the right of her is also a larger Em Dog and she'll yield well when her time comes around, but as soon as I get to the next harvest, my hard times should be about ended after that.

Yes, that's the new bloom room. It's not quite 9 x 9 ft, but close enough. When it's going full speed, I'll have 9 plants and should turn around every 9 weeks or so. I will finally be able to dip my toes into some Sativas w/o getting killed by the extended finish times.

I potted this up yesterday and will put her into bloom in 5 days. She rooted on 9/29 so she's about 2 months in veg. Herbies Bulk Gorilla Glue. IDK what it is about this soil, or just soil in general but the top stays put while the side branches do most of the stretching out. No training and from 3 different strains, they all pretty much grow the same way. I like!

3.jpg

Here are the 3 seedlings (2-Apurple, 1-GSC) and a pineapple chunk in a small bit of soil. I've verified that the rockwool grows them almost twice as fast which is great as it gives me 2 options to consider as soon as clones root. If I need fast growth, I can start in cubes, if I need slow growth, I can go right into the direct with a rooted cube.
2.jpg

And here's all of the various stages between. There's 1 in 3 gallons, and the rest in 1 gallon pots, though the ones in the 1 gal I believe are at 3 different ages. I've culled a few already as I had too many going, but slowly my veg is falling into line and is becoming more conducive to give me 1 good sized plant a week to put into bloom.
1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom