Skybound's Journal

What sticky said ^^^^ :)

When ya look at the chart, it's not that complicated at all. The micros NEVER change, so there's 6 gone, silica, Cal and Mag pretty much stay steady, so that's 3 more gone. Really, all that changes is NPK and maybe S. It's not much movement at all.

Full Grow Targets.JPG

Beyond that, it's about who uses what to make theirs, and is the others better than that? Maybe, maybe not, but let's figure them all out, compare and try to conclude. This is helpful for us now, but who knows what may come for the next generation of growers, and beyond that, this could help people in 3rd world countries or on other planets.

I'm finding some info on the web, but sadly I don't think any other crop producers experiment as much as canna growers do, so it's pretty much just a few set of standard feed regimens given to a crop throughout the entire life cycle and with varying results between acceptable and poor.

I like to believe I get more/better out if I put more in.

When ya look at the chart, it's not that complicated at all. The micros NEVER change, so there's 6 gone, silica, Cal and Mag pretty much stay steady, so that's 3 more gone. Really, all that changes is NPK and maybe S. It's not much movement at all.

Full Grow Targets.JPG

Beyond that, it's about who uses what to make theirs, and is the others better than that? Maybe, maybe not, but let's figure them all out, compare and try to conclude. This is helpful for us now, but who knows what may come for the next generation of growers, and beyond that, this could help people in 3rd world countries or on other planets.

I'm finding some info on the web, but sadly I don't think any other crop producers experiment as much as canna growers do, so it's pretty much just a few set of standard feed regimens given to a crop throughout the entire life cycle and with varying results between acceptable and poor.

I like to believe I get more/better out if I put more in.
I agree the more you tailor that plant the happier it is which in turn gives you a good harvest!

I'm in potted rockwool and top feed once daily in veg, and 3 times daily by end of bloom. Nothing special at all, just tailored nutes for life at a fraction of the cost to buy into a brand one time. Actually, I'd go so far as to say I spent less on all my lifetime supply of salts than if I bough GH's 3part, plus all supplements I used, 1 gallon of each. GH's whole line in gallons would last me +/- 3-6 months and cost, oh, IDK, maybe $400. For all of the salts costs about $160 before shipping.

I really have to hand it to you sky you have this shit figured out. Someday I really want to try DWC. I have good luck cloning with it. But I'm still too busy ( really frightened ) to make the change :)
my son grows that way after he did a couple soil grows he tried hydro and never looked back he loves it says how easy it is just fill the resevoir once a week that's about it according to him he uses the scrog and he gets big yields like sky and its good smoke no doubt but my soil grown has more flavor im just a stubborn old man that likes the old ways but I have to admit its attractive there is a learning process im sure but you have guys like sky here that will help you it does cost a little to get it dialed my son built his own set up hell he has the runoff water running through a refer to keep the water temp just rite lol!

I suppose the tradeoff is that I also had to get a scale that graduates to at least 0.00. The struggle is real, lol.

my son grows that way after he did a couple soil grows he tried hydro and never looked back he loves it says how easy it is just fill the resevoir once a week that's about it according to him he uses the scrog and he gets big yields like sky and its good smoke no doubt but my soil grown has more flavor im just a stubborn old man that likes the old ways but I have to admit its attractive there is a learning process im sure but you have guys like sky here that will help you it does cost a little to get it dialed my son built his own set up hell he has the runoff water running through a refer to keep the water temp just rite lol!

I'm intending to quit growing hopefully by 2020 and would like to rub this off on at least one other grower so if your boy wants to take it a step further, please link my Nutes thread in my signature to him. I'll still follow journals, but won't be in the practice and won't be able to test theories or the like.

No BS, by jacking up the sulfur in my feed, the sweetness in the smoke went through the roof and I intend to go higher to compete with Jack's 321 in sulfur content. I think my patients will be telling me w/o my asking, but I'll test that theory.

Growing this way I feel is less complicated than mixing branded nutes because I have the confidence of knowing exactly what's in there, so I'm never second guessing anything or winging it. The hardest part is measuring out the weights to mix the micro blend, but everything else is weighed the same to make the concentrates. After they're all mixed, then it's like using regular nutes in measuring liquid measures. I only need to remake component concentrates about every month and a half and the micro mix will make 1000 gallons of reservoir, and I only use less than 40 gallons per week so the micro will last the longest.

It's not hard at all. A dust mask is need to make concentrates as any dust is bad for the lungs, but other than that, I'm very happy and worry free.

so what are your plans after that what will you be doing?

I've been sinking my money into 3D printers, and recently made a CNC router which is a light duty milling machine. I want to build more of the CNCs and get into sign making and specialized wood working. Growing has allowed me to tinker a lot, but it gets to the point where there's not much else I can design and make, plus with the green light soon to illuminate everywhere, the floor on the market will plummet, so don't want to be standing on it when it does. I'll have to transition of course, but definitely intend to. I want a hobby that pays well and allows me to tinker and build things and I have a lot of things I want to build. I am currently building my elderly mom an RC lawn mower so she can chop her 3/4 acre lot again. Being old and woman, she preferred it gets cut about every other hour, and I would have to volunteer, and if I didn't, she'd do it. For the record, that same lot killed her youngest brother (my uncle) a few years back, so I'm sure you can understand my concern. At any rate, it's a fun project that should be wrapped up in a couple more weeks, then I can focus on building more machines.
  • more CNC machines
  • sawmill
  • gasifier
Those are all major projects I want to tackle at the same time. They have current world value and functionality, and if the shit ever hits the fan will be extremely valuable devices, especially the gasifier.

FYI, a gasifier can convert wood pellets into fuel that can burn in a gas or diesel engine, which means can run generators, or be used to travel if fuel supplies vanish. They were common in pre WWII Europe, but the tech has been updated and refined now. The fuel has a 30% reduction in BTU, but can still be used to replace gas or greatly stretch diesel. Not to mention be used to cook with, run a water heater, etc etc etc. Sawmills just look fun and can turn trees into lumber.

Gasifiers operate on the same exact principals as our pot pipes, except it takes an everlasting hit and much higher speeds.

wow you got a plan that's cool I wish you good luck with that an r/c mower that's way cool that gasifier would be a good gadget to have around as long as you have wood to feed it I think your going to do just fine brother!

I used pellets as an example, but ideally, you'd want to have access to a lot of waste hardwood like oak. So if one had some land, milled trees for free lumber to build with, all of the waste pieces would be chunked and dried just like buds to be gasified.

Acreage is on the wish list for sure!

Back
Top Bottom