Skybound's Journal

From the descriptions of the GG, I was concerned about hermie in that gene pool, but you're right, all fems do have a predisposition, though some much more than others. If you keep things ideal, you'll most likely be safe. I always keep cuts alive just as a safety net in case I like a strain or different phenos from the same bean. Judging by your journals over the years, I think you're not dead set on the "bad, better and good". I know this because I'm yet to see the captions read "B&J's Bad", B&J's Better", "B&J's Good", lol. Actually, I triple dog dare you to caption all of your photos that way for a week just to fuck with your subbers, lol.

The hard part is I have yet to smoke the new strains I try so I can't tell yet..

One of the GG beans opened and shot a taproot, so I put it in a cube and we'll see. None of the other beans opened yet, but I'll check back tomorrow afternoon. Those not out by tomorrow night I'll begin losing hope for. There's heat, plenty damp, diminished light, adequate O2, all is ideal.

I think it was Bobrown that put me onto Elev8, and I contacted them and have a discount code awaiting my first order. I want to get some Zkittlez crosses, maybe something in the Cookies dept too. I seek frostier than what I've been growing, but not longer than 9 weeks with flush, heck I'd even skip the flush if the full 9 is needed. The feed for my final week is mostly throttled sulfur and potassium anyways with everything else reduced.

im still in the learning process ive been growing garden plants for years but have only been growing cannibus indoors for 3 yrs. my goal is to have a grow go all the way to the end without burnt leaf tips ive come close but no cigar I still need to talk to my son see if hes even come on here hes pretty busy in his off time hes restoring and building a 64 nova hes got a brand new on the crate l88 corvette engine with everything including headers and flowmaster exhaust to drop in that car its going to be fun to drive no doubt btw that corvette set up cost him 22k and the car was 7 k he does his own work and all mine to so he says when its done it will be worth in the 60-70k area so hes not going to lose any money idk why I went off on this I guess im getting a little excited about it to!

One of the GG beans opened and shot a taproot, so I put it in a cube and we'll see. None of the other beans opened yet, but I'll check back tomorrow afternoon. Those not out by tomorrow night I'll begin losing hope for. There's heat, plenty damp, diminished light, adequate O2, all is ideal.

I think it was Bobrown that put me onto Elev8, and I contacted them and have a discount code awaiting my first order. I want to get some Zkittlez crosses, maybe something in the Cookies dept too. I seek frostier than what I've been growing, but not longer than 9 weeks with flush, heck I'd even skip the flush if the full 9 is needed. The feed for my final week is mostly throttled sulfur and potassium anyways with everything else reduced.
my son grew one of there gorilla cookies and it was better tasting and a better load than the straight gorilla and frosty af ill see if I can find a pic of it!

im still in the learning process ive been growing garden plants for years but have only been growing cannibus indoors for 3 yrs. my goal is to have a grow go all the way to the end without burnt leaf tips ive come close but no cigar I still need to talk to my son see if hes even come on here hes pretty busy in his off time hes restoring and building a 64 nova hes got a brand new on the crate l88 corvette engine with everything including headers and flowmaster exhaust to drop in that car its going to be fun to drive no doubt btw that corvette set up cost him 22k and the car was 7 k he does his own work and all mine to so he says when its done it will be worth in the 60-70k area so hes not going to lose any money idk why I went off on this I guess im getting a little excited about it to!

This is definitely the right place. I live to fabricate, and auto mech and body are passions I have. I was never really into cars persay until I got a job at a body shop and worked for MOPAR nuts. While there, I helped restore a 67 Coronet, 69 Dart, 70 Dart and 70 Super Bee, plus still doing regular body work to keep their bills paid. When upstate, I worked in the auto mech shop for 2 years and the machine shop before that. I am literally the jack of every trade. I was a portrait artist in my younger years and was great at graffiti, I can play every instrument and sing in a rock band, though I only listen to country now. I recently got into 3D printing, taught myself to code before that and just built my first CNC machine of which I plan to build more and craft a business out of so I can quit growing pot because it's just not doing it for me anymore, lol. My mind is wide to say the least, but definitely not sewn together well. I just want to build shit, make money to buy junk and build more shit. If I ever play the lottery for the first time, and it happens to be the winning ticket, I'd like to get some excavators and other equipment because I'll likely get sick of the CNC stuff as soon as I get good at it. I think I'm a glutton for failure because as soon as I overcome it, I want to move on to something else that can beat my ass for a while.

I have my eyes on Gorilla Cookies (a Barney's strain) and if I place another Herbies order, that will be in my cart.

I think that SPK is the Elev8 strain, correct? Also on my wish list, though I pray she's a 9week or less strain. I could break my carnal rule and donate another half week to the cause, but anything more would ruin my calendar pages. I got 3 rooms with 3 lights and like to have the 3 week turn around.

I think that SPK is the Elev8 strain, correct? Also on my wish list, though I pray she's a 9week or less strain. I could break my carnal rule and donate another half week to the cause, but anything more would ruin my calendar pages. I got 3 rooms with 3 lights and like to have the 3 week turn around.
shes a 8-9 week so ill bet you could chop real close to 8 mine was done at 8 weeks but I don't like any amber so I chop a little earlier than a lot of growers!

shes a 8-9 week so ill bet you could chop real close to 8 mine was done at 8 weeks but I don't like any amber so I chop a little earlier than a lot of growers!

Same same! Though to keep the schedule, I would go the full 9 as I chop in the AM and wash, trim, clean the room and res and reload by the late PM so not to waste more than a day of down time. It's brutal work, but I get it all done. I even found a way to wash quicker.

that looks like it would work for ya when you harvest you have a lot to deal with im really glad you wash your buds that's nice for your people ive actually turned into quite the weed snob I don't like smoking any buddys weed if they don't wash it or if they use a bunch of flowering nutes like cha ching stuff like that makes it taste funny fake!

Here's an update of the Tick Stem PC in week 4. I do wish they could all be like her, but must suffer another round of Cheese and Thin Stem (womp womp womp). This thick stem looks gorgeous. Of course the short stature leaves more than a foot between her highest top and the COB fixture, there are very many thick branches that are evenly spaced, have decent internodal spacing and when looking at her handling my feed adjustments from week 3 to week 4 (K & S bump ups), she is downright devouring the feed EC. She was ravenous in week 3 which was the last week of the "Stretch" regimen, week 4 begins the "Mid Bloom" regimen, except I moved K up from 150 to 170 and S I moved the target from 60 to 100, though it only resolved to around 82 PPM, still all is looking very well. @ilikemsticky will enjoy that there is no leaf tip burns both down low or up high on the plant, granted she's only about half way in, but usually be harvest the tips will only get to a light green, to an almost yellow, but not the sandy burnt color that I actually suspect to be calcium def and not nute burn as I also see "burnt" tips in everyone's soil grows too. My studies are showing that calcium tends to be the most fussy or finicky element that easily falls out of availability. To combat this, it's most helpful to use organic acids that will chelate the calcium and keep it from contacting other elements especially sulfur and form gypsum which is then no longer available to the roots w/o microbes to crack them apart again.

At any rate, I ask that you draw your attention to my purple/reddish petioles and help me diagnose that symptom in hopes that I can adjust the feed properly. My best guess at this time is P def, though very minor as I am already at the peak for P of 65PPM which is almost double what every other brand doles out including Jack's, Peter's and Megacrop, but also compared to at least GH and I suspect the rest too. That said, I am very reluctant to raise P any more w/o other feedback or information that will make me feel a lot better that it's only a P def. As said here and elsewhere, my goal is to grow a perfectly gree plant top to crown with no burnt tips, no leaf discoloration and no streaks in the stalks or reddening of the petioles. As is, the Triple Cheese doesn't redden at all and loves this feed just the way it is, the PC which will actually be kept going isn't fully in love with my feed just yet.

So if any of my subs would kindly help me figure out the reddish petiole situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Bottom Leaf
bottom leaf.jpg

Top Leaf
top leaf.jpg

Thick Branch
Thick Stem.jpg

Ravenous Eater in week 4
week 4 Ravenous.jpg

Mid Bloom Regimen with high K and S. P is still at 65. This I am considering upping to 70. N is high, but the greenness of the leaves isn't too dark so I think it's fine as is.
Mid Bloom high K.jpg

I know from reading all of Doc's journals, a lack of phosphorus is what makes the petioles stay red. Best guess would be to increase P marginally, say 5%, to see if that was enough. I've also seen grows where red petioles weren't considered a problem. I know you want a perfect grow, and it's your call. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom