Triple Cheese

BTzGrow

The start of a new grow is always exciting and filled with anticipation and promise. I dropped a Triple Cheese seed that I traded with @InTheShed a few months ago on the 26th, just four days ago. Within 36hrs seed pop and a tap. So pulled out a fresh Lowes bucket and a bag of Perlite and began.

The 2 gal Lowes bucket is almost perfect for a small bag of Perlite I get from my local hydro store for about $8. Rinsed and drained and poked a hole in the middle with my hole poking stick. Mixed a small quantity of Clonex Solution, took out a Root Riot and split it open. Dropped seed tap up into the RR and spritzed with Clonex Solution. Dropped into prepared perlite bucket and covered with a small 500ml plastic water bottle bottom.
:cool:

That was Thursday the 28th. Spritzed a couple of times yesterday. Went out this morning to check and spritz and I have a new Baby sprout.
:p:yahoo::snowboating:

So the seed apparently did a flip and pulled the seed cap off in the process and is seeking light. This was the first time I tried the seed position that brother @FelipeBlu had suggested after my last grows issues.

Since this is a new journal I will outline goals and equipment planned for this grow.

I'm be using a 100% Perlite Passive Hydro technique called Hempy Bucket. Starting with a 2gal Lowes paint bucket filled to the rim with Medium Perlite. Seed initially place in a Root Riot and fed with Clonex Solution.

Initial Veg grow will be in a small 2x2 veg tent under a Perfect Sun Mini.

Nutrients planned will be DynaGro ProteKt, DynaGro Grow and Botanicare Cal-Mag plus. I have had success over the last year with this combo and the price point is low, with good results on all of my grows since I started using.

Water will be RO and the first grow that will be using that from the start. I believe my 5th grow has had issues with the switch over from filtered dirty tab water to RO and me not knowing what was actually in the soup mix of mystery nutes.

Veg time is planned for 8weeks. Some lite LST with FIM'ing/Topping is planned early on. Some of those plans will be firmed up with the harvest of my current flowering tent grow. When I know what the yield is. I'm currently working with an idea of growing semi natural with just a FIM above the 5th node. Space is tight in my flower tent that is only has a 2x2.5 footprint.

Let The Fun Begin :yahoo:

I'm in! luck to your grow @BTzGrow !
Welcome in Pbass. I and my brother as enjoying my previous UK Cheese grow so much, that I decide to try another Cheese. He had a bad experience with a previous cheese he tried, but is loving the smooth taste and the comfortable high the UK has.

He had a bad experience with a previous cheese he tried, but is loving the smooth taste and the comfortable high the UK has.

The “bad experience” primarily being that it was old and dried out minis from a dispensary. LOL

On the other hand, BT’s recent UK Cheese is somehow both savory and sweet, and has a very nice happy, relaxing effect - perfect for later in the evening.

I try not to over publish baby pictures, but they are just so cute and each new set of leaves is a exciting moment. Here's the first set of leaves showing now.

This little champ is very hardy consider this is day 5 since dropping in the water to start.

Second set of real leaves are showing and I will take a picture perhaps in the next day or two. I did place the seed pointy side down with the tap up. It's is doing gang busters. Going to drop two more SLH seeds tomorrow morning. Plans for this grow are to move them all into the bigger tent once I harvest the current grow and sanitize.

Not very visible in the darkened area but the 2nd set have been established and it looks like the third set of leaves are emerging. I did have some sort of tip burn with the first set. Might have been temp or ???

I had to move this little one into my seedling box along with my propagation tray with two SLH this morning. One of the plants in the flowering tent shows amber so I needed to prep and convert the Veg tent into the Drying tent. At least I have my Seedling Box as a resource.

Not very visible in the darkened area but the 2nd set have been established and it looks like the third set of leaves are emerging. I did have some sort of tip burn with the first set. Might have been temp or ???

Maybe she was too sensitive to early exposure to the Mini?
:hmmmm:

Maybe she was too sensitive to early exposure to the Mini?
:hmmmm:
I feel you are correct. I should have stayed with my T5 for initial starts for the first 2 weeks. She is under the T5 as we speak. I had thought of that originally when I first saw, but decided to wait and see. The following leaves haven't shown any stress. Still, I feel the T5 is a superior seedling light into beginning veg.

I'm in... have some tripple cheese seeds i will probably grow when my gorillas finish :)
Welcome JBDz, this is looking like a good start of a seedling, nice and strong and leafy indeed.

On another note, I changed the light cycle to 18hrs also. It was discussed cutting back on light cycle to not use anymore electricity that needed to hit 25micro moles per day during veg. So in keeping with that idea, 18/6. My last cheese was an Auto so I used 24hrs full time, but it was also under the 100watt Quantum Board and it just progressed with it's own needs.

Back
Top Bottom