Triple Cheese

They could turn out to be huge monsters with awesome yields
They’re going to yield you loads without a doubt, they are big girls and you’ve not even flipped yet :passitleft:
The cool thing is I will be able to use one blower between both tents as the ports line up perfectly on either side.
That’s awesome, I’d like to get a setup like that eventually. Have you got a 6’ or 8’ fan for your ducting?

That’s awesome, I’d like to get a setup like that eventually. Have you got a 6’ or 8’ fan for your ducting?

Actually I have a 4 inch blower and filter. It's rated at 180CFM and even on it's lowest setting it sucks the tent sides in. Current tent is 32.5 cubic feet. New tent will be 52cubic feet. Total will be under 85cubic feet. 4inch blower will provide almost double that.

Turned all the way up I have to use special bars GGT sells to keep the tent closer to it's original shape. I will set it up for both tents and see how it works. Worst case I buy another blower and filter. I'd rather not, and don't feel I will need it though.

Received the new
GGT 2x4x6'7" Tent last night and set it up with a light. Moved the Triple Cheese in along with the two SLH's.

There was significant light damage due to the extended period of actually being taller and having grown into the light. Yuk!

With the water this morning I spend plenty of time grooming this girl. Looks much better and I'm thinking I may have created a few more grow sites.
I've given the Triple Cheese almost half of the tent for her growing needs. The Triple Cheese is by far the healthiest of the three, certainly the fullest. This plant is currently over 3feet tall and hasn't gone into stretch. I'm a bit concerned and will keep the super cropping idea in mind now that I have some lateral space to use.

Stay tuned, I have made plans for my next grow and it involves this very beautiful plant. Let's just say some Cloning is in her future.

Looking good man
Pity about the light damage but cutting her back at this stage is a good idea - lots of new bud sites will appear in the next week :)

Now you've got your bigger tent I'd really recommend low stress training when the plants are smaller - rather than letting them grow towards the light get them bent down and make a flat canopy so that there's not just one top bud near the light but there's a tent full of top buds lower down with more even access to light

Now you've got your bigger tent I'd really recommendlow stress training when the plants are smaller - rather than letting them grow towards the light get them bent down and make a flat canopy so that there's not just one top bud near the light but there's a tent full of top buds lower down with more even access to light
Thanks for your comments and advise. I'm going to let them recover for the next week before I do the flip.

I normally do a really nice thing with LST and not sure what happen to these. I went away for a week and had someone watering while I was gone. Had everything set up for it and the plants were nice and small. I had them tied down. When I came back they had exploded in growth. All three grew as if they had been in stretch, but the light timing was not interrupted that I'm aware of. I hadn't anticipated the extreme growth and was not prepared.

I have some new grow processes in mind. This plant is going to contribute several cuttings to a Ebb and Flow grow tech. Planning on keeping it low and spread wide.

hi! my first thought was OMG BLINTZES!! because largely I am a golden retriever at best, intellectually, these days though I have reaallly enjoyed cheese strains whence placed in my hand & never have i grown one and so am watching this go down:rollit:. tough luck on the light but seemed to have worked in your favor the Japanese expression " its the happy accident that makes the art." comes to mind. Cheers.

@Galactic Center, thanks for your encouraging words. I follow Asian philosophies and find your mindful sharing a excellent expression of this experience. I recently came up with the plan of making a Bonsai Mother from one of the cuttings of this plant. I have been studying the process and feel I'm ready to give it a shot. Perhaps my Bonsai attempt with be a great expression of this happy accident. Regardless of the damage, I feel this plant will yield nicely. I am looking forward to the cured product.

I harvested my first cheese last December and the result has been an awesome experience. I really enjoy the taste and smoke. My brother had said he didn't have a taste for Cheese, but immediately converted over to a major fan. I'm feeling fairly confident I will enjoy this one. So much so that I have plans to clone from this plant as I take it into the flip over this coming weekend. They will contribute to a new direction of growing I will be attempting. Stay tuned for more cheesy fun.

very cool indeed, grew up w very traditional Japanese art, my garden is structured on a mix of east and west design,love bonsais, have a slight waterfall og afg x ss w 2 more months to go before flower, was discussing the next phase for it in another forum. in my regard bonsai means I forgot about it then went w it I'm sure yours will be much more of a focused effort. cheers.

June 20th Flip Day for the Girl. I know I said I was going to wait until the weekend, however! The response to the move has been so positive it has really started growing again now that it has head room.

There is a lot of fresh growth has me concerned since the plant top is about 4 feet and my tent is only 6'7". I believe I'm going to have to do some major super cropping over the next few days before the stretch gets really going.

I'm at a quandary as to what happened while I was gone for a week in May and left them to their own devices with someone just coming by to water. Before I left they had really short stature with tight node spacing.

Here's what it looked like before I left.
When I returned a week later they looked like this on the 31st.
Between the 19th and 28th of May this stretch like behavior happened and you can see a huge node spacing between 2-3 nodes. I have a electrical consumption monitoring plug on the lights and while I was gone nothing was amiss on that point. The power usage was consistent with now drops. This has been the basis for the real issue concerning it's growth.

Now here's what's really interesting. Since I have been back it has gone back to the short node spacing growth.

Weird!!!

Loneliness?
I can't see how, I ignore them except for feeding times.
If you're worried about stretch through flower, besides supercropping I remember someone saying that a heavy strip early on will slow down stretch.
Well there is that, but I have come to the conclusion that defoliation reduced yield in my experience. So that's not an option. Besides prevailing opinion from you and others seems to endorse the bend over philosophy I believe. I haven't really ever tried the super cropping in the past, so now would be a good time to give it a shot.

The stretch is on and OMG is it on! Had to raise the lights this morning.

On another note, I took 8 clone cuttings of this beautiful plant. Some extra's for insurance. A few extra's more than planned because there were so many available. Might be meeting with @DrDoob and @Archiweedies this coming week and didn't know if they might want some of this action. I know Archiweedies has some cuttings and seeds to trade. We shall see.

I have plans for at least 4 possible 6 in the new Ebb & Flow experiment I'll be starting. New Journal to follow including some construction pictures.

Day 6 since the Flip. - While watering today I took a moment to measure this beautiful girl. She is currently 42inches tall measured from the top of the grow medium. She has begun to stretch some but I really can't say how much. I should have done this the day I flipped, but oh well. Pictures to follow in a few days.

Watering day and here is a group photo of the Triple Cheese with it's roommates the SLH girls.

The Triple Cheese is at 48" tall and displaying pistils all over.

Hope I don't run out of headroom. Yikes!!!

If you don't mind, I'll pull up a chair. I have a Triple Cheese I'm hoping will be poking her head out of the jiffy pellet in the AM.

@BTzGrow I saw your reply to Jennyross. It was like staring in a mirror. Your N-P-K targets are in line with my desired ratios and ppm, I too have created a nute spreadsheet, and have an adversity to snake oil nute companies with jazzy names on products that don't disclose the contents. Add on the fact we're now growing the same strain, it's kinda eerie.

Watering Day again. The Buds continue to pack fat and thick. Perhaps the largest I have every grown. The top most Colas are beginning to foxtail a little.

I'm seeing what I think some cloudy and a couple of slight tinges of amber, maybe.
I started feeding the Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy I get from the same company that makes MegaCrop. Will need to keep a close eye from this point on.

Back
Top Bottom