Trouble in paradise: anyone recognize this?

Opar

Hello fellow coco growers... I have one plant out of 4 that is in distress.

In the pics below, the three other plants are a nice green, but the distressed plant has a fair amount of yellow in the lighter areas... MH light was on :/ sorry.

I’m growing for the first time. Completely inexperienced.

Medium: roughly 50/50 coco/perlite mix
Light: 600watt MH
Pot size: 5 gal

Water: tap water 110-120ppm ph 7.3-7.7

So I am not yet on a regular watering / feeding schedule. Plants are just around 4 weeks old now.

Watering: pH from 5.5 to 6.0, drop of Superthrive, splash of silica

Alternate every 3 days:
Feeding A
calmag to 200-220ppm

Feeding B
Floranova grow to 400ppm

Was suggested overwatering, colour was always an issue but was returning, post transplant it’s not doing well, I think my last feeding was a little too heavy on nutes, they all seem to have picked up on some slight mottling that may represent burn?

I am going to do a pH 5.5 flush of the distressed gal, and a nute feed at 250ish.

PH may have been a problem earlier for her, others seem fine... I just dunno... is it possible to overwater a 50/50 coco / perlite mix in a 5 gal container feeding 1 gal every 2 or 3 days? Run off pHat time of feeding is 6.0 or under .

I bought a scope, no pests (spider mites not found either)

Here are the pics:

63B2CC08-3354-4ABA-B05E-7767905540B1.jpeg

5903698B-45B5-4616-97E5-C691046134C2.jpeg
8C591FB0-AB8B-409A-A194-8E5A4DDCE228.jpeg

Healthy plants beside her, same feeding regimen

EC71CD83-E2F7-4F2B-A65D-A73CEE401C3C.jpeg
00B77B8B-50F4-4883-84F1-91DB0AE3B6D3.jpeg

Light is high, ive not feed for going on 4 days now, trying to get her as dry as possible for the flush.... I’m at a loss, tox? Deficient?

Please help :)

Hello fellow coco growers... I have one plant out of 4 that is in distress.

In the pics below, the three other plants are a nice green, but the distressed plant has a fair amount of yellow in the lighter areas... MH light was on :/ sorry.

I’m growing for the first time. Completely inexperienced.

Medium: roughly 50/50 coco/perlite mix
Light: 600watt MH
Pot size: 5 gal

Water: tap water 110-120ppm ph 7.3-7.7

So I am not yet on a regular watering / feeding schedule. Plants are just around 4 weeks old now.

Watering: pH from 5.5 to 6.0, drop of Superthrive, splash of silica

Alternate every 3 days:
Feeding A
calmag to 200-220ppm

Feeding B
Floranova grow to 400ppm

Was suggested overwatering, colour was always an issue but was returning, post transplant it’s not doing well, I think my last feeding was a little too heavy on nutes, they all seem to have picked up on some slight mottling that may represent burn?

I am going to do a pH 5.5 flush of the distressed gal, and a nute feed at 250ish.

PH may have been a problem earlier for her, others seem fine... I just dunno... is it possible to overwater a 50/50 coco / perlite mix in a 5 gal container feeding 1 gal every 2 or 3 days? Run off pHat time of feeding is 6.0 or under .

I bought a scope, no pests (spider mites not found either)

Here are the pics:

63B2CC08-3354-4ABA-B05E-7767905540B1.jpeg

5903698B-45B5-4616-97E5-C691046134C2.jpeg
8C591FB0-AB8B-409A-A194-8E5A4DDCE228.jpeg

Healthy plants beside her, same feeding regimen

EC71CD83-E2F7-4F2B-A65D-A73CEE401C3C.jpeg
00B77B8B-50F4-4883-84F1-91DB0AE3B6D3.jpeg

Light is high, ive not feed for going on 4 days now, trying to get her as dry as possible for the flush.... I’m at a loss, tox? Deficient?

Please help :)

Looks like you have some reading to do.

Good info here on lite feedings.
All you need to know about how to feed in Coco

Looks like the start of some Cal/Mag issues. Not a big fan of Superthrive and I can take or leave silica,
I would go with Cal/Mag/Epsom. and continue lite nute.
Sounds like your trying to treat your coco like soil, coco should be watered at minimum once a day and more times as the plant get bigger. Hand watering coco is a bitch my friend.

Good luck on your grow,

thanks for responding guys... I hit it with some nutrients.... hoping for some improvement tomorrow
Heya buddy have a flick through the first few pages of the coco thread under my name. If your still unsure comment in the thread so I don't lose it and I'll be back in 9 hours after work :)

Listen to Barney. I'm following his method & this is my 1st Coco grow. It works great. My plants are about 6' tall & 4' in diameter & full of buds right now because I'm down to about 2 weeks. Here's a pic from a week ago. This is 4 plants & they are Auto's to top it off. Not saying others don't know what they're talking about because I'm sure most do. Just saying I know for a fact Barney is on the money.
GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG

Listen to Barney. I'm following his method & this is my 1st Coco grow. It works great. My plants are about 6' tall & 4' in diameter & full of buds right now because I'm down to about 2 weeks. Here's a pic from a week ago. This is 4 plants & they are Auto's to top it off. Not saying others don't know what they're talking about because I'm sure most do. Just saying I know for a fact Barney is on the money.
GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG
Thank you very much mate. I can remember having a little barney with you a while back so that's even more appreciated than usual :)
A Barney is an argument where I am, hence the nickname. I was a bit of a radge in my younger years and it just stuck lol.

GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG
Holly Red light Batman

GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG
Jesus shit mate, I've just looked at those photos properly. How long are those main colas?? They look about 2 foot?
They're bloody huuuuuge :)

There are a few pretty close to that size. They're packing on lots of weight right now so I'm guessing at about 2 weeks to finish. Should be my highest yield yet from what I can see. Thanks again for the advice. You made Coco easy for me. Well sort of easy. Someone said watering Coco by hand is a bitch. That they are not lying about that. Not using my Auto Pots was my only mistake. Feeding twice a day by hand is a lot of work.

There are a few pretty close to that size. They're packing on lots of weight right now so I'm guessing at about 2 weeks to finish. Should be my highest yield yet from what I can see. Thanks again for the advice. You made Coco easy for me. Well sort of easy. Someone said watering Coco by hand is a bitch. That they are not lying about that. Not using my Auto Pots was my only mistake. Feeding twice a day by hand is a lot of work.
Thats why I just use a 4inch tall tub to collect my run off and let the plants sit in it mate. Zero waste.
Your right about the autopots though. There's no arguing with those things.
I've seen the same guy,(rambogarden) regularly pull 600- 800g autos all day long with the 15l autopots and 600w hps lights.

My 1st grow in Coco so I'm not doing quite as well as I hoped for. Actually, it was my 1st grow with this entire set up (Tent, Lights, Fans, Humidifier, etc. & the 1st time using Advanced Nutrients & the 1st time with these strains). Now that I know what to expect & how things grow in Coco I'm sure I'll do better. I did get 7.5 oz. off my Northern Lights which was 2 oz. more than I ever got in soil. Not sure what the weight will be on my AK 47 x Six Shooter as I'm still in the middle of harvesting her. She had way bigger buds than the N.L. so I should do better.

Well, I updated my journal but will update here as well.

I watered her heavily twice in 3 days, with a decent strength nutrient solution, with Superthrive and silica. My distressed blue dream came back for the most part.

I did travel for a week, so I only fed 2L per plant, every other day (kinda) and they survived mainly unscathed. I did a good feed 2 days ago now, and will feed tomorrow.... here they are, I really need to get in a Steady feed cycle, maybe her colour will improve then:

She’s in the back right, back left is the other blue dream, both bottoms are bubba lush 2.0’s....

470813A5-9AC3-422C-95ED-DA334E4F09C3.jpeg

Close up of the problem child:
50ECF45F-C16E-4385-BC72-8F2454DAF39E.jpeg

Her sister hasn’t made as much trouble:
B7A3A3E6-9F7E-4308-ABCD-5D6BE0C2CEDF.jpeg

And the bubbas look awesome considering (I think)
D04C0E8D-31A7-47DF-8C5E-7F6170DA7F16.jpeg
F8BFE57D-D5ED-4863-95B9-649C49A9023B.jpeg

Plants are starting their 6th week... so I definitely slowed them quiet abit, hoping for better gains now.

Back
Top Bottom