Trouble Stabilizing my Ph in my DWC bubbler reservoir

Manchester

I have a few quick questions, I am having trouble stabilizing my PH.

1). Does it really help make a difference to purchase distilled water for my DWC water reservoir, or will using filtered water with the PH up/down kit due justice to any type of water (I am using a small gallon bubbler DWC system)?

2). I have herd rumors about certain air stones, some people say that even a new soaked air stone can fluctuate the PH and cause it to go up. Is this true? If so does anyone know of a good air stone to use, would it be made of glass or a certain brand, please inform me.

I have tested this and over a course of 4 hours my ph increased by 1.0 in the reservoir with nutrients only. (no hydroton rocks or grow cubes, just a airstone and nutrients)

3). I read in a blog that if you ;Draw your water put a air stone it it for 24 hours,then add your nutr and let them sit for 12 hours,Check the PH and adjust it to where you want it and let it sit for 12 hours check it and change the nutr out.I found this works for me and I stop having all those PH problems. Would this solve my PH problems?

I reused a grow cube and am wondering if this is a problem as to why my early sprouted plant withered, i washed the rock wool off multiple times before I used the rock wool, but maybe there was a nutrient overload in the rock wool from previous use. I also have a water softener, and I am guessing that makes the filtered water I use still somewhat salty, so I should I just go buy some distilled?

4). Either way I cant solve why my PH jumps from 5.9 to 8.2 overnight, I will replant my three seedlings in new grow cubes and try to use a tube with holes for bubbles, and let my reservoir sit with nutreints and ph balanced with low ppm for 24 hours, then see if it stabilizes.

Back
Top Bottom