Trouble & Strife & Some Things Nice - Mr A Goes Perpetual Again!

Sorry about pest. What method will you use I heard even spraying g heavy with unscented dish soap or even straight cold water under the leafs will help kill rid away pest .

I hate it when pest come so I'm sorry for your headaches man .

On the play side mr a amazing smoke nice thick tops .

I'm not doing anything Joe, they come down in a little over 2 weeks, any remedy could slow them more than the bugs at this stage. It's not a big infestation but it's there.:passitleft:

So you will wash buds then when chop?

Trouble & Strife & Some Things Nice - Mr A Goes Perpetual Again!

Yes, I wash all my harvests anyway. Makes them dry better, Imo :passitleft:

Mind if I ask what method or plan of attack you got in mind?

So many different ways I'm curious to hear yours buddy .

I follow the doc bud method. 3 buckets (big pans in my case) filled with water. Add a cup of lemon juice and baking soda to the first and nothing to the others. Good rinse in all 3 buckets, quick shake to loose the excess water and hang to dry.

Here is doc explaining it better than me

Bud Washing

I follow the doc bud method. 3 buckets (big pans in my case) filled with water. Add a cup of lemon juice and baking soda to the first and nothing to the others. Good rinse in all 3 buckets, quick shake to loose the excess water and hang to dry.

Here is doc explaining it better than me

Bud Washing

No no If I wash I use his method myself seems to work for me.

Just was going to suggest that thread buddy .

Thank the doc .

I no longer use the lemon juice and baking soda. In the concentrations we use they don't really do much to clean. If what you want is clean you'll be wise to start using a simple dilution of H2O2 in the first bucket instead. The microbial scrubbing action of peroxide will foam any particulate molecules away, leaving you with fresh, clean buds.

I understand the thinking behind the lemon juice and baking soda, but in reality, all they're doing is dirtying up the water and our buds with particulates, including the terpenes in the lemon juice, that don't help. That lemon juice addition always bothered me. After speaking with a chemist about it I changed my process to a 32-oz bottle of hydrogen peroxide 3% to that first bucket.

Could not agree with sue more,, tho I use plain water only to rinse. Iffin you do use baking soda and lemon juice,, perhaps just notice the top of the water surface when you are finished,, and note the oil slick,, that, imo, oil can only come from one source near as I can figure. Next,, run your fingers around the rince water container at the top near the water level,, and you will feel the sticky edge of the container,, again,, more substance on the container that could be on your plant

Even with plain water some of this cannabinoid loss will occurr, so, try to keep to a minimum is my goal, anyhooo

Cheers

Sorry about pest. What method will you use I heard even spraying g heavy with unscented dish soap or even straight cold water under the leafs will help kill rid away pest .

I hate it when pest come so I'm sorry for your headaches man .

On the play side mr a amazing smoke nice thick tops .

Morning Joe. :hug: I just wanted to interject that for thrips the solution is spinosad. Nothing else appears to work as efficiently, but a couple treatments of spinosad and they all vanish. :battingeyelashes:

Morning, or afternoon, as the case may be, Amadeus. :hug: :love: :hug:

You're going to be so pumped to get up and running again, and the abode will be almost like new, won't it? :laughtwo: How long will you be down? They look about ready to be harvested. Don't you just love watching them that last week, when you have to fight the urge to reach for the clippers every time you peek in? :rofl:

For you..... :passitleft: I'm on a Blue Dream kick today while I make brownie oil for both the daughter and I. Tomorrow this place will smell of chocolatey goodness all day long. :slide:

On to my own room now. :hug:

Could not agree with sue more,, tho I use plain water only to rinse. Iffin you do use baking soda and lemon juice,, perhaps just notice the top of the water surface when you are finished,, and note the oil slick,, that, imo, oil can only come from one source near as I can figure. Next,, run your fingers around the rince water container at the top near the water level,, and you will feel the sticky edge of the container,, again,, more substance on the container that could be on your plant

Even with plain water some of this cannabinoid loss will occurr, so, try to keep to a minimum is my goal, anyhooo

Cheers

nivek.... :hug: what a delight to run into you. I get very little residue in my bucket water since I've been using the peroxide. I'm very gentle with the wash, as I know you are nivek. The peroxide foams and rinses off, unlike the mechanical clutter of the baking soda that's supposed to foam, but doesn't once it reacts to the lemon juice.

The peroxide works in the way we want it to, without all the particulate banging around you'll get when you add baking soda and lemon juice. Plus, if there's limonene in the cannabis, the lemon juice might enhance it somewhat, but a chemovar without? I was never comfortable with introducing that. Did it for a long time with reservations. I'm much happier now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nosey neighbor popping in to say Hiya! I see you at Sweet Sue's place. Can't believe I have not stopped by to say hello before this. Pretty impressive growing with limited space! I am a bit space challenged. Gives me hope! Happy Sunday!

Cheers! LG

nivek.... :hug: what a delight to run into you. I get very little residue in my bucket water since I've been using the peroxide. I'm very gentle with the wash, as I know you are nivek. The peroxide foams and rinses off, unlike the mechanical clutter of the baking soda that's supposed to foam, but doesn't once it reacts to the lemon juice.

The peroxide works in the way we want it to, without all the particulate banging around you'll get when you add baking soda and lemon juice. Plus, if there's limonene in the cannabis, the lemon juice might enhance it somewhat, but a chemovar without? I was never comfortable with introducing that. Did it for a long time with reservations. I'm much happier now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

cheers sue,, i am going to try this method next harvest,, in two weeks,,

btw,, i just harvested a plant i am going to predict is over the four ounce mark,, perhaps wishful thinking,, perhaps not,, haha

I no longer use the lemon juice and baking soda. In the concentrations we use they don't really do much to clean. If what you want is clean you'll be wise to start using a simple dilution of H2O2 in the first bucket instead. The microbial scrubbing action of peroxide will foam any particulate molecules away, leaving you with fresh, clean buds.

I understand the thinking behind the lemon juice and baking soda, but in reality, all they're doing is dirtying up the water and our buds with particulates, including the terpenes in the lemon juice, that don't help. That lemon juice addition always bothered me. After speaking with a chemist about it I changed my process to a 32-oz bottle of hydrogen peroxide 3% to that first bucket.

I read you switching a while back so that is what I used. However I only used a small 16 ounce bottle for a 4 gallon pail of water the first time. I may have been a bit over zealous in the washing but they turned out clean.

This last time I used maybe only 8 ounces. Was much lighter in my wash, the buds are still hanging, and will be placed into jars for the slow and low when the outside is dry but still moist in the bud.

This H2O2 wash just made sense to me.

No no If I wash I use his method myself seems to work for me.

Just was going to suggest that thread buddy .

Thank the doc .

Cheers

Morning Joe. :hug: I just wanted to interject that for thrips the solution is spinosad. Nothing else appears to work as efficiently, but a couple treatments of spinosad and they all vanish. :battingeyelashes:

Morning, or afternoon, as the case may be, Amadeus. :hug: :love: :hug:

You're going to be so pumped to get up and running again, and the abode will be almost like new, won't it? :laughtwo: How long will you be down? They look about ready to be harvested. Don't you just love watching them that last week, when you have to fight the urge to reach for the clippers every time you peek in? :rofl:

For you..... :passitleft: I'm on a Blue Dream kick today while I make brownie oil for both the daughter and I. Tomorrow this place will smell of chocolatey goodness all day long. :slide:

On to my own room now. :hug:

cheers sue,, i am going to try this method next harvest,, in two weeks,,

btw,, i just harvested a plant i am going to predict is over the four ounce mark,, perhaps wishful thinking,, perhaps not,, haha

I read you switching a while back so that is what I used. However I only used a small 16 ounce bottle for a 4 gallon pail of water the first time. I may have been a bit over zealous in the washing but they turned out clean.

This last time I used maybe only 8 ounces. Was much lighter in my wash, the buds are still hanging, and will be placed into jars for the slow and low when the outside is dry but still moist in the bud.

Some interesting conversations going on here. Docs method has worked well for me but I'm open to change. I'll get some on order and give it a whirl when these get cut.

Speaking of which, the day after chop I go on my travels again. (the reason for the shut down) This time were off to Pulau Gaya. A tiny island of about 5sq miles off the coast of Borneo. Under Malaysian rule. Cannabis is a no go. Big, Huge penalties if caught, a single joint can land you with 5 years in jail. I will be taking a tolerance break! 18 days can't be that hard, right?

Nosey neighbor popping in to say Hiya! I see you at Sweet Sue's place. Can't believe I have not stopped by to say hello before this. Pretty impressive growing with limited space! I am a bit space challenged. Gives me hope! Happy Sunday!

Cheers! LG

High LG, :passitleft: a pleasure to have you here. Limited space does have its challenges but I'm gonna come up with a new plan when I start up again. Thinking 2 plants scroged into 2 18"x12" screens. Depending on how long it will take to veg it should work out well.

I'm a believer that how much chemical we use is depends on how much water we are putting t in every harvest is different right ?

I mean I guess so I harvested two zips of a few plants buds were decent but stretch wasn't there like now ? I like to wash branches save time . I think more or less the reason why I am saying understand how much lemon juice you put in and make sure turn rinsing well as some people complain they can taste too much lemon when cured ? So make sure you you reach out and ask or modifying according to his docs method of your harvest is smaller and say your washing into 3 gal buckets over five I would let put the same amount of ratio I'd reduce slightly .

Anyways this method is good I've seen what it lifts off in my water when cleaning .

Hey safe travels buddy

And yes I will be doing a Few day reset my self .

Enjoy your trip hopefully it's pleasure not business .

Sup tokes, how ya doing? Have a few pulls on this and chill for a while. :passitleft: that's some quality Northern Lights, chopped last week so not cured but it hits well.

Welcome to my grow journal and the 420 Magazine in general. This is where I get to kick off the Moderator shoes and just be plain old Mr A (my name before I became a mod was Mr Am4zin). I try to do my updates on a Stoney Sunday evening, UK time. I like to get ridiculously high first, hence the Stoney part.

Your journal was moved back yesterday as part of my daily rounds, you can't send PM's till you have 50 posts under your belt, they rack up pretty quick once you get going.

Everybody Read This!

The site is currently going through some big changes at the moment so things are not at there best but they will be, real soon. See link for more info.

Link

Back
Top Bottom